• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

StalkerUKCG
(08-07-2012, 10:05 PM)
While this is great id imagine its going to fall under the same firewall issues pretty quickly.

Any chance you could registers something obscure like

www.evilloresinternetsite10.com and have it forward to the forums.
Ryaaan14
(08-07-2012, 10:07 PM)
Although I don't have a problem with firewalls, this brings a smile to my face.

Fun fact though, the reason I started lurking GAF was because it was one of the very few sites that WASN'T blocked at my previous job.
sruckus
(08-07-2012, 11:35 PM)
Yay! I had really missed the .net domain. Stupid Barracuda
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(08-07-2012, 11:40 PM)
neogaf.gov is next
sephi22
(08-08-2012, 12:08 PM)
I use google translate. My workplace has blocked neogaf.com but not the word 'neogaf'.

1. Go to google translate
2. Enter 'neogaf.com' or 'm.neogaf.com' in the field.
3. Select 'xxxxx' to English where xxxxx is any language besides english.
4. Click translate
5. ???
6. Profit

Gotta try out neogaf.net now
POWERSPHERE
Banned
(08-08-2012, 12:42 PM)
Now Half Life 3 will NEVER get finished.
Amagon
(08-08-2012, 01:00 PM)

Originally Posted by POWERSPHERE

Now Half Life 3 will NEVER get finished.

It hasn't even started yet.
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(08-08-2012, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by THE NO LIFE KING

It hasn't even started yet.

Yes it has... I saw a line that's gonna be used in HL3
Homeboyd
(08-08-2012, 03:02 PM)
Go mobile people!
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(08-08-2012, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by butter_stick

Remember to respect the rules of your employers, guys.

Ok. I just realized you're an awesome troll.*clap*

and good job Lore :D
Pctx
Banned
(08-08-2012, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by EviLore

I've recognized that some users were taking advantage of our alternate domain to bypass work firewalls that have neogaf.com blocked, so I've reinstated neogaf.net for that purpose.

Use www.neogaf.net/forum (only if neogaf.com is blocked, of course) , as www.neogaf.net will still redirect to neogaf.com. Happy workplace sanity :D

I actually have put neogaf.com at a 7 strict-high on our QoS for WWW traffic.
The Lamonster
(08-08-2012, 05:00 PM)
Badass! Thanks EviLore
esai
(08-08-2012, 06:26 PM)
Yes! My work blocks it so I have to browse on my phone, but no more.
FantasticMrFoxdie
Mumber
(08-08-2012, 07:57 PM)
Did not know about this...Sweeet.
augmental
(08-08-2012, 08:02 PM)
Now if only I could get a working imgur redirect :( Filmot used to work but not anymore.
xBigDanx
(08-08-2012, 08:03 PM)
This is the best thing I've seen in so long. I don't really keep up with things when at home due to lack of time (busy with family and games) so I used to use my work time to keep up with news. New job in Feb and EVERY thing game related is blocked so I've had no idea about nothing for the past 6 months
gblues
(08-08-2012, 08:18 PM)

Originally Posted by fanboi

Are you not in europe?

DELEGATE DELEGATE

God damnit.

Originally Posted by fanboi

Stop sucking it up!

Demand raise!

RAISE RAISE!

:P

I can't help but read these posts in Dalek-speak.
Qasiel
(08-08-2012, 08:18 PM)
Cheers, boss!
felipepl
(08-08-2012, 09:37 PM)
I'm the network administrator here at my job and I just added the .net sufix to the blocked gaming category inside Websense.

Yes, I'm a bad person.
windz
(08-08-2012, 09:38 PM)
THANK YOU. :D .com isn't blocked (yet) but if/when it is...

Success!
Shiny Llama
(08-08-2012, 09:38 PM)

Originally Posted by gblues

I can't help but read these posts in Dalek-speak.

Damn it, now I'm doing it. It spreads like a virus! :P
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(08-08-2012, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by felipepl

I'm the network administrator here at my job and I just added the .net sufix to the blocked gaming category inside Websense.

Yes, I'm a bad person.

sruckus
(08-08-2012, 10:21 PM)
Couldn't log in with the .net today. It told me invalid redirect url
Seik
something about preservation I guess
(08-08-2012, 10:46 PM)
.com worked, but we never know, especially at my job. =_=

Its good to have backup! :D
DonMigs85
(08-08-2012, 11:41 PM)
Will try it at work tomorrow, but problem is even if it does go through 99% of images will likely be blocked.
br0ken_shad0w
(08-09-2012, 12:04 AM)
Neogaf.com worked at my workplace, but they filter swears so alot of the topics were unavailable D:
sruckus
(08-09-2012, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by br0ken_shad0w

Neogaf.com worked at my workplace, but they filter swears so alot of the topics were unavailable D:

Wow you work at a church or something?
JABEE
(08-09-2012, 02:29 AM)
Evilore is like a drug dealer serving his temptuous product to his customers in different ways.
xValentine
(08-09-2012, 04:45 AM)
haha this is awesome

I hope .net doesnt have tags like gaming or forum.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(08-09-2012, 06:25 AM)

Yes, I'm a bad person.

You are a terrible person and you should feel bad. >:(
TwiztidElf
(08-09-2012, 06:55 AM)
My work used to block GAF and some other videogame interest sites. (They don't anymore thank goodness).
I have no problem with it. It's their internet to do with as they choose.

What does irritate me though is the hypocrisy. My interest (videogames) is discriminated against. You don't see gardening sites banned. Or car sites. Or sports sites (in Australia, so Baggygreen.com (cricket), AFL.com, NRL.com, v8SuperCars, or NFL.com). Imagine the uproar if they were banned? Imagine a USA employer banning NFL.com? It would be a bloodbath. But hey - neoGAF? - CALL THE FEDS!!!!!

Yeah, yeah, firstworld/whiteperson problems or whatever dumb thing...
Not allowed to voice a negative opinion on something cos....kids starving in Africa.
Daigoro
(08-09-2012, 07:47 AM)
thanks Evilore and Gromph.

this made my week.
bananas
(08-09-2012, 08:02 AM)
neogaf.xxx
Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(08-09-2012, 08:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Sentry

Evilore, what have you done.

But if the .net or /forum gets blocked as well, will you just resurrect it with another deviation url?

Neogaf.edu
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(08-09-2012, 08:20 AM)

Originally Posted by TwiztidElf

My work used to block GAF and some other videogame interest sites. (They don't anymore thank goodness).
I have no problem with it. It's their internet to do with as they choose.

What does irritate me though is the hypocrisy. My interest (videogames) is discriminated against. You don't see gardening sites banned. Or car sites. Or sports sites (in Australia, so Baggygreen.com (cricket), AFL.com, NRL.com, v8SuperCars, or NFL.com). Imagine the uproar if they were banned? Imagine a USA employer banning NFL.com? It would be a bloodbath. But hey - neoGAF? - CALL THE FEDS!!!!!

Not allowed to voice a negative opinion on something cos....kids starving in Africa.

I see more people wasting time on mlb.com than I ever see gaming forums come up, yet GAF gets banned at a lot of jobs I've worked at.
br0ken_shad0w
(08-09-2012, 01:13 PM)

Originally Posted by sruckus

Wow you work at a church or something?

Hospital, which is funny because the wifi network doesn't censor.
Ifrit
(08-09-2012, 03:35 PM)
Thank you based mod
Nerfgun
(08-09-2012, 04:14 PM)

Yes, I'm a bad person.

You really are. You're surfing GAF yourself. Hypocrite.
The Lamonster
(08-09-2012, 04:54 PM)
My buddy Dahellisdat is having problems logging in. Neogaf.com is blocked at his work so this is him trying the .net address.

I'm just going to paste our chat because I'm too lazy to paraphrase:

me: so what happens when you log in?
Benjamin: it send me to invalid redirect page
me: but first says thank you for logging in?
Benjamin: if i go into a thread and click post reply, it takes me to a different log in page
when i log in there, it says thanks for logging in, and then takes me bag to that same log in page but im still not logged in
if i click on the forgot password link and type in my e-mail address, it says e-mail address not recognized
me: and you already tried clearing your neogaf cookies and cache?
Benjamin: yeah
lemme try again
Benjamin: nope, same shit
me: ok so lemme get this straight
you log in just fine, it thanks you and redirects you as normal, you browse gaf as logged in
Benjamin: nope
me: then when you hit post reply or quote, it takes you straight to the login page?
Benjamin: it says thank you for logging in, but im not actually ever logged in
that was just something additional that i discovered
when i click post reply, when not logged in, it takes me to a log in page different from the one i normally use at the top of the neogaf screen
and the problem that i have from that login screen is that when i try to log in, it says thank you for logging in, then redirects me back to the same login screen i was just at, still not logged in
me: you use chrome right? try SHIFT+CTRL+N to open an incognito window, then try logging into gaf from there. i think it will work but youll have to re-login to gaf every time you open your browser
Benjamin: no difference with that
Benjamin: ill try again with IE
Benjamin: nah ie has the same problem
sruckus
(08-09-2012, 07:42 PM)
^ Yep, I mentioned that above. I get to it but can't log in
RetroMG
(08-09-2012, 08:45 PM)
Sweet! Will try when lunchtime is over. My work blocks GAF, but not Penny Arcade, oddly enough. So I've been hanging out at PA at work and GAF at home.

EDIT: It works! But I can't log in either. Better than nothing, though.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(08-09-2012, 09:46 PM)
Thanks for this!
DigitalDevil
(08-09-2012, 10:03 PM)

Yes, I'm a bad person.

Can we please un-sticky this thread before someone in my IT department does this?
depths20XX
(08-09-2012, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by TwiztidElf

I think it comes from videogames being tied into actually playing games at work. Solitaire at work being looked down on, then ban flash game sites, then just ban anything videogame related. Unfortunate

Edit: Also people having problems logging in to reply to a thread, I used to have the same problem. Try logging in at the main forum page and it should work.
The Lamonster
(08-09-2012, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by depths20XX

Edit: Also people having problems logging in to reply to a thread, I used to have the same problem. Try logging in at the main forum page and it should work.

Dang. No dice, he says. Takes him to the invalid redirect page.
MNC
(08-09-2012, 10:23 PM)
is www.neogaf.com actually banned from some workplaces or does it just not get through filters?
Cetra
(08-10-2012, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by sruckus

Couldn't log in with the .net today. It told me invalid redirect url

I'm having exactly the same issue. :(
Timedog
good credit (by proxy)
(08-10-2012, 02:30 AM)
As I'm sure you're all well aware, using these types of site-based methods of bypassing hardware firewalls, anti-obscenity filtering software, and workplace firewalls has been illegal for the past 3 years. Although in the landmark Dade County v. The United States Federal Government case, the Supreme Court decided 7-2 to abolish language in the law that would have made it possible for prosecutors to theoretically bump the charge from a misdemeanor to treason if certain conditions were met. There's a pretty good HBO documentary about it called "This Is All A Lie: The New Workplace Hackers". I don't think it's on HBO Go yet though.
hokahey
(08-10-2012, 02:49 AM)
I am so excited to go to work tomorrow now! Lol
The Lamonster
(08-10-2012, 05:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Timedog

As I'm sure you're all well aware, using these types of site-based methods of bypassing hardware firewalls, anti-obscenity filtering software, and workplace firewalls has been illegal for the past 3 years. Although in the landmark Dade County v. The United States Federal Government case, the Supreme Court decided 7-2 to abolish language in the law that would have made it possible for prosecutors to theoretically bump the charge from a misdemeanor to treason if certain conditions were met. There's a pretty good HBO documentary about it called "This Is All A Lie: The New Workplace Hackers". I don't think it's on HBO Go yet though.

uh huh