• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Utah Jazz nailed it:

s7jAyKG.png

BW2OL2V.png

jrmanimal

It will be fun in a few years when the Nuggets retire the #15 for Jokic over Melo.

Awesome win last night. I hope Malone keeps giving Juancho more time in the court. I love Gallo but I think his days here are near the end.

gutshot

Woj bomb:

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojVerticalNBA
Orlando is finalizing a trade to Serge Ibaka to Toronto, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Orlando has agreed to trade Serge Ibaka to Toronto for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first-round pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Toronto will send lower of its two first-round picks to Orlando in 2017, league sources tell @TheVertical. Toronto has the Clippers' pick.

So Orlando somehow turned Victor Oladipo and the 11th pick overall into a much worse wing player and a low 1st round pick. No surprise the Magic suck.

ACE 1991

My depressing prediction for the rest of the Sixers season, pick two:

Embiid will not play again this season.

Ben Simmons will not play at all this season.

Jahlil Okafor will not be traded by the deadline.

...If Embiid gets permanently hurt next year I think I'm going to have to take a long break from seriously following the NBA, though. Here's to hoping he's not as injury prone has he's been since college =/

Surfinn

Iirc, they're one of the best rebounding teams in the league. Currently 9 OREB, 18 DREB, to Warriors' 1 and 11

Also, Jokic with 8 assists. God damn, he's a full fledged point center

Damn.

I can't remember another game in recent memory where I've seen just about everyone on a team hitting threes from all over. I mean shit that was an impressive display of shooting, it was like NBA 2K with all the sliders up on the home team.

And yeah those rebounds..

gutshot

I also have a sinking feeling that Embiid is going to eventually get surgery for his torn meniscus.

Not sure what to think about Simmons. Rumors are that his agent doesn't want him to play because he gets bonus money if he makes the all-rookie team and/or wins ROTY. The other theory is, with Embiid out, the tank is officially back on. (They should probably let the current team know about this though as they keep winning!)

As for Okafor, I think he will be dealt by the deadline but it is becoming obvious that Colangelo either overplayed his hand or was used by other GMs for leverage in other deals.

ACE 1991

I also have a sinking feeling that Embiid is going to eventually get surgery for his torn meniscus.

Not sure what to think about Simmons. Rumors are that his agent doesn't want him to play because he gets bonus money if he makes the all-rookie team and/or wins ROTY. The other theory is, with Embiid out, the tank is officially back on. (They should probably let the current team know about this though as they keep winning!)

As for Okafor, I think he will be dealt by the deadline but it is becoming obvious that Colangelo either overplayed his hand or was used by other GMs for leverage in other deals.

I'm fine with us blowing the rest of the season. I don't think the Kings are going to end up with that horrible of a record, and who fucking knows about the Lakers pick. This draft is too deep at PG to not be in the top 5.

Meier

At least we got something out of Ibaka I guess. The draft pick looks like it will be in the early 20s at best which is effectively a total crap shoot then. I know the salary structure of the NBA is shot to hell these days, but Ross doesn't scream $10m a year player to me with that production but I guess it is what it is. :|

At least Biyombo should get some more minutes now...might make his huge deal slightly more palatable.

So Orlando somehow turned Victor Oladipo and the 11th pick overall into a much worse wing player and a low 1st round pick. No surprise the Magic suck.

:*( It's really sad how terribly we've been run. How have we managed to turn so many top draft picks into a totally nothing team? Dammit.

I had forgotten that the Magic signed Biyombo too. What a fucked up roster they constructed. You already have no idea what to do with Aaron Gordon, so you compound that by acquiring two guys with similar skill sets. They are wasting Gordon.

With Ross gone,this also means Norman Powell is free. I don't think the Raptors are totally done with trades, but we'll see. I don't think Ibaka will play tonight vs the Bulls.

I also still can't believe the Magic signed Biyombo for ALL that money. His playoff performance was Incredible under the circumstances he was dealt for Jonas being injured.

Meier

I had forgotten that the Magic signed Biyombo too. What a fucked up roster they constructed. You already have no idea what to do with Aaron Gordon, so you compound that by acquiring two guys with similar skill sets. They are wasting Gordon.

Yep. Just stupid. But at least this should alleviate some of those issues.

RootCause

What trades would you like to see before the deadline?

My unlikely dream of Carmelo being traded to the Thunder or Clips isn't going to happen.

Bread

Banned
Magic asked the Celtics for Rozier and a 1st and Boston said no. They didn't want to waste cap space
Hm. I guess it's good that Rozier has some value. I don't think Ibaka would be the guy to put us over the top so I'm okay with passing on him. He's 27 going on 38.

Jarate

Banned
Noel isnt going to be traded this season, as they clearly chose Okafor to be the one traded.
btw, Bryan Colangelo is a mess of a GM and is doing everything Hinkie did but bungling it up way worse.

Lol how about Okafor?

Can the C's lose in the finals and still get the first pick? That would be one hell of a season.

I'm not a huge fan of Okafor and would only want him in an extreme buy low scenario, like that time when Danny gave up a bag of socks to Phoenix for IT. Besides, Noel just makes more sense.

I'd settle for losing in the conference finals to the
Wizards

ViciousDS

Banned
Well this depends on if we can re-sign Ibaka.
But Terrence Ross was on a decent contract.
We lost some 3 point shooting now which sucks

you do realize Ibaka is shooting better than Ross from deep this season correct?

You literally got a perfect swap with how many guards you had

with Lowry and Derozen running the back court.....Ibaka is now allowed free reign to basically shoot anywhere he wants

Servbot24

Banned
What trades would you like to see before the deadline?

My unlikely dream of Carmelo being traded to the Thunder or Clips isn't going to happen.

Melo in OKC would be neat but only because they're not going past the first round anyways. Can't imagine Russ and Melo working together very well

Top Bottom