• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Yeah, Kass is pretty cool, but I'm also loving these guys in BOTW:

6cZ1MbU.jpg

Finally managed to beat one, but destroyed a few good weapons I got from a certain shrine.

EDIT: Showing up for me when previewing the previewing the previous post. Haven't really posted images before until now, but changed it.

But it's the Lynels.

I always thought the Splicers from Batman Beyond were really cool. The base-level association that animal-person = bad seemed pretty nonsensical and hypocritical coming from a show about a guy dressing up like a bat who, himself, was cast as the villain for being an off-putting vigilante.

Yeah, I've always liked the concept of that episode. As a kid, I thought it was exciting and interesting in sort of a transhumanist kind of way - so it was disappointing to see splicing written off as inherently unnatural and evil. It's understandable that the villains of the episode weren't handled with any nuance given that they were just the antagonists of a single twenty-minute episode, but still. At least it was always interesting to see splicers pop up as background characters in future episodes.

Silvawuff

Hai FurryGAF! Ardent long-time furry here! I met my husband through the fandom; we go to MFF every year and really enjoy the art, culture, and friendship furrystuff brings us.

Nice t'meetcha!

:O Gimme!!

I really do want that.
But, um...how exactly does this work? How do I pay for these types of humble bundles?

Do you have a credit card or PayPal? Use one of those to buy either the $1 tier (if you want original FaceRig) or the "beat the average" tier ($5.29, for FaceRig Pro).

Breads

Banned
Still contemplating. Do I need the basic "FaceRig: Classic" in order to use the Pro edition?

You need classic for pro edition which afaik is the same except for the pro has a license thing that allows you to use it for commercial use.

That said classic and pro are in the bundle. Classic for 1$ and Pro for 5$ iirc.

The 2d rig is sold seperately but it as like $5.

Btw I will be at FWA... kinda. I'll be incognito because I'm there mostly for friends who already live in atlanta and FWA is a good time to see a few more. I'll have a room but I won't register to the con proper and indeed I won't be around for anything that isn't a lounge/ pool/ restaurant/ bar/ art jam. I know way too many people at these sorts of things and I've resigned myself to the fact that if I attempt to do everything at once I will be miserable so I tend to just go there and chillax and let whatever happens happen.

Nepenthe

Btw I will be at FWA... kinda. I'll be incognito because I'm there mostly for friends who already live in atlanta and FWA is a good time to see a few more. I'll have a room but I won't register to the con proper and indeed I won't be around for anything that isn't a lounge/ pool/ restaurant/ bar/ art jam. I know way too many people at these sorts of things and I've resigned myself to the fact that if I attempt to do everything at once I will be miserable so I tend to just go there and chillax and let whatever happens happen.

I know what you mean. I really only go to cons for suiting and the dance comp. Though if you see Sonic walking around, come up and say hi! I'd be awesome to meet a fellow Gaffer.

brian577

Banned
Just got back from Furry Fiesta, what a trip. RMFC was fun but this was a whole other experience. Still don't quite have the hang of making friends at these things, always afraid I'll come off as the creepy furry if I dare approach someone. Only regret was never seeing Telephone who I only saw out of suit at the Run Definitely Run concert. I've thought about going to MFF or even Anthrocon in the future but I think TFF makes more sense as a reasonably sized con with a great community. Will definitely be back next year.

Nepenthe

Looking good Nepenthe! What's it made of?

1" upholstery foam, hot glue, and tears. xD Cheated quite a bit and used the Pepakura method-- took Sega's 3D model, had another program flatten it into a paper pattern, transferred that to foam, and glued it back together!

... Nepenthe you better come to MFF this year so I can hug the fuck out of the werehog. >:U

HOW BOUT YOU GET YOUR BUTT ON DOWN TO FWA MISTER? D8<

I really wanna go to MFF so bad. ;~;

Also, just did the test pattern for the body. Note: I've literally never done one before. I've never even done padding before. It took hours and hours, but I made my own pattern and it fits me 99% perfectly.

200.gif

Nepenthe

Hey guys. Apologies for not posting the thread earlier; been seriously busy with con prep for myself and others. I can post it tomorrow, particularly with footage from FWA as a primer for people.

Wulfric

Hey no problem.

In other news, seems RMFC was cancelled.

/facepalm

Nooo, every time I can afford to go to a con, it gets canceled. There are other reasons to visit Denver of course, but I like the idea of going to cons and visiting a city in one fell swoop.

I just hope MFF sticks around unit I get a chance to actually attend.

The_Kid

/facepalm

Nooo, every time I can afford to go to a con, it gets canceled. There are other reasons to visit Denver of course, but I like the idea of going to cons and visiting a city in one fell swoop.

I just hope MFF sticks around unit I get a chance to actually attend.

Yeah I don't picture MFF getting canceled. It's the second highest attended con now.

They really need to move into the convention center though, they're too big.

Hey but at least you can come to Furry Migration at the end of August. :D

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Hey no problem.

In other news, seems RMFC was cancelled.

From what I've seen, good riddance. Running into a Raider there was more than a little distressing (though the anecdote helped me get into grad school). And besides, there's already work to spin up an alternate Colorado con.

Weirdly this makes two cons where the only time I went was the last they ever did.

From what I've seen, good riddance. Running into a Raider there was more than a little distressing (though the anecdote helped me get into grad school). And besides, there's already work to spin up an alternate Colorado con.

Weirdly this makes two cons where the only time I went was the last they ever did.

I meant to ask, what are the raiders?

Nepenthe

I meant to ask, what are the raiders?

Raiders are a group of disingenuous Nazi furs in Colorado. They've been messing with the con for about a year or so now and alienating the Colorado Furs in general.

What happened with RMFC was that DeoTasDevil on Twitter found out the actual founder was not only sympathetic to the Raiders, but a goddamn sovereign citizen and convicted child molester, hence why the Raiders weren't being wholesale banned from the con when they started making a name for themselves.

Deo made remarks about punching Nazis upon attendance- basically being a good American citizen- which caused fallout between her/the fandom and the con, to the point that gun threats were made towards her by a cowardly alt-right fuck. It ultimately culminated in the founder sending a nonsense legal letter with shitty threats of a lien on her home, which was taken apart thoroughly by online lawyers everywhere who picked up on the story. Pile on top of this years and years of tax evasion after the con's status as a non-profit lapsed in like the early 2000s or some shit, and the founder cried about high security costs in the wake of the incident as being the reason he shut everything down.

Basically, a Nazi took his ball and went home when he was found out to be a shitstain. Good fucking riddance. If you guys want to go to another Colorado con, support Mile High Fur Con!

Wulfric

Raiders are a group of disingenuous Nazi furs in Colorado. They've been messing with the con for about a year or so now and alienating the Colorado Furs in general.

Basically, a Nazi took his ball and went home when he was found out to be a shitstain. Good fucking riddance. If you guys want to go to another Colorado con, support Mile High Fur Con!

Jesus, that sounds terrible. I'd really love to visit Denver eventually, hopefully they can get things off the ground.

Also Nepenthe, would you mind posting here when your OT thread is online? That part of GAF tends to move too quickly to catch certain threads.

badrang

What happened with RMFC was that DeoTasDevil on Twitter found out the actual founder was not only sympathetic to the Raiders, but a goddamn sovereign citizen and convicted child molester, hence why the Raiders weren't being wholesale banned from the con when they started making a name for themselves.

Mile High Fur Con!

7qNTrHN.gif

Though, it did ultimately give us this post, which is all sorts of hilarious.

The author became a Furry Twitter celebrity overnight and he is totally rolling with it.

This is great. lol

OMG
C9LZbO2V0AQDGAJ.jpg:large

Top Bottom