• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Warehouses don't have to be where the initial order processing is done.

That's the biggest problem with importing from these publishers, they almost all use UPS as a defacto standard. Some smaller companies use USPS, or at least include an "international fee" that minimizes import duties.

ugggghhh..so all in all i just paid $150 for a product that won't even be here by this week?! are you shitting me?!

Lucent

Thanks for this tip. Even though I've received no email, and my order status is still being processed, it shows on the UPS site that the label has been created, and that it's on schedule to be here on Friday. Finally.

I have mine created but I see no on schedule part.

EDIT: I guess that's because it hasn't arrived at the facility. I guess I won't get it Friday. >_<

Peagles

would've been like $10 if they used USPS instead of UPS. it's not like UPS delivers faster than the postal service. uggggghhh...

unless they eat up that customs tax but i highly doubt it.

Now you feel the wrath of Digital River!

Why exactly are they charging this fee?

soldat7

It shows my order from 9/30, but it also says "sold out"....did they cancel my order?

And when I click on my invoice, the page crashes...

madhtr

It shows my order from 9/30, but it also says "sold out"....did they cancel my order?

And when I click on my invoice, the page crashes...

No, that's the name of the game on the site now. Take your order number, go to UPS' site, plop that number into a reference number search, enjoy.

brandnew

I got my shipping confirmation a few hours ago. Happy I can finally stop worrying.

Sorry if this was already brought up, but I didn't have a tracking number in the e-mail. I think this could be because I chose the cheapest shipping option. Anyone else not get a number?

soldat7

No, that's the name of the game on the site now. Take your order number, go to UPS' site, plop that number into a reference number search, enjoy.

Sweet. They've printed my label. I got scared cause I had a pending charge from Namco that has disappeared. I'm still a bit worried...

frequency

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition: $98.56
Shipping: $10.37
UPS fees and duties: $54.90
Total: $163.83

The price of living in Canada.
And if US merchants would just take a minute to consider this, we'd be saving $30-$40 on fees. But no. They don't care.

Hobbun

And if US merchants would just take a minute to consider this, we'd be saving $30-$40 on fees. But no. They don't care.

Wow. So what exactly does 'UPS fees and duties' encompass? That's pretty insane.

Edit: Ah, import fees. But still, that's fucking crazy.

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK?!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Living in Canadurr I only paid $3.62 or something for shipping but if I have to pay $50 for import duties I'll just return to send / not pay and buy a copy of the game here. HARUMPH.

QaaQer

Fuck me.

frequency

Living in Canadurr I only paid $3.62 or something for shipping but if I have to pay $50 for import duties I'll just return to send / not pay and buy a copy of the game here. HARUMPH.

You can get an idea of what you'll be paying with this site
http://www.thefinalcost.com/

As a general rule if something is shipping with UPS Ground expect to pay an extra 50% in brokerage fees and duties.

So my total before all that was about $110. And I'm paying about $55 in fees.

chrono01

Those of you who did not get a tracking number, you can track your order @ ups by using your order number as a reference -

upstracking.png

Thanks so much! I was worried when I didn't receive the shipment email many others did, but I did as you said and see that it's en route [well, entered into their system anyway].

While I'm happy that UPS will likely get it to me quickly [maybe, it is Standard UPS...], I'm not looking forward to the charges once they do. They usually charge massive brokerage fees in Canada. Honestly, I'm expecting to pay probably between $30-$50...

Edit - Never mind. I used the site listed above to find the total cost and it's...$156.84. That's $46.33 in taxes. ~_~

I am NOT happy. While I am relieved to see the Wizard's Edition [supposedly] be on its way, these charges give me a swift kick in the nether region.

TheExodu5

Banned

That is beyond absurd. I'm seriously regretting ordering this now. If I return to sender, will I get my money back?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You can get an idea of what you'll be paying with this site
http://www.thefinalcost.com/

According to this my $103 order will go up to $151? lol.

What happens if I just not sign for UPS thing? Normally I wouldn't be so cheap and petty but why would this box be an extra $50 in fees? I order stuff all the time internationally and from the US and $50 for the size of this seems absurd.

zeopower6

Wait where do you get to that?

Go to UPS.com then "Tracking" then "Track by Reference". Put your Order Number in for the Reference Number and you should get a tracking number if your label has been created. Some have had their copies ship already!

iammeiam

No shipping confirmation, no luck on track by reference, I'm starting to feel unloved. Just print the label! Put it in a pile, I don't care! Print! The! Label!

According to this my $103 order will go up to $151? lol.

What happens if I just not sign for UPS thing? Normally I wouldn't be so cheap and petty but why would this box be an extra $50 in fees? I order stuff all the time internationally and from the US and $50 for the size of this seems absurd.

with UPS = $167

with USPS = $137

a $30 are you fucking kidding me?! i could've bought all the upcoming DLCs with that money, or just bought books off amazon or something.

chrono01

I'll absolutely avoid Namco Bandai store purchases in the future, unless they make it clear that they won't be using UPS. Even if they offer a super-sexy Tales of Xillia bundle, I'll find it difficult to pay the additional $50 in charges when I don't have to. There are much better [and cheaper] options to ship to Canada. ~_~

Eusis

Yeah, if I was in Canada I simply wouldn't bother. I might consider it for Xillia if they do something though (and absolutely for Dark Souls 2) unless this order ends up FUBAR when it arrives.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
UPS track by reference shows that a 2nd day air label was created, but doesn't show that they've received the package yet, or (obviously) an estimated delivery date.

If it doesn't go out tonight, I won't have it till next week.
Which would really blow.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is there a way to confirm that UPS amount before it arrives? Unsure of my options. I mean I paid with Paypal so that charge is long gone but I'm not really interested in paying an extra $50 for no reason.

madhtr

UPS track by reference shows that a 2nd day air label was created, but doesn't show that they've received the package yet, or (obviously) an estimated delivery date.

Which would really blow.

Same here, and agreed... I guess too much to hope for Saturday delivery, huh?

Kyon

Banned
The UPS site.

Go to UPS.com then "Tracking" then "Track by Reference". Put your Order Number in for the Reference Number and you should get a tracking number if your label has been created. Some have had their copies ship already!

Ok so mine wasn't shipped yet but I did the reference thing and it said a label was made o_o anyway my shipping is UPS Ground. Is that day one? Or is that 1-5 day?

Which would really blow.

If I don't get it by Friday, I might run to a rental place and see if they carry it.

chrono01

Just did on the last page! This is pretty accurate, then?

Oh, I didn't notice. Terribly sorry.

Yeah, from what I've seen it seems pretty accurate. It might vary a bit here and there, but generally, that should be the cost you'll end up paying. :(

Lucent

Ok so mine wasn't shipped yet but I did the reference thing and it said a label was made o_o anyway my shipping is UPS Ground. Is that day one? Or is that 1-5 day?

Says "Day-definite delivery typically in one to five days"

Top Bottom