• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

If true this is going to be a very dumbed down version, simply because of this
Diablo III is completely littered with abilities that are aimed on the mouse cursor and the back end of the game is very fast, requires a ton of precision and kiting and has a lot of one shot kills.

tch

As much as I want it to be ps3/vita, the always-online aspect of the game makes a vita version much less likely.

Burekma

If true this is going to be a very dumbed down version, simply because of this
If online isn't required it's also going to easily be the superior version. Not because of the DRM, or their shitty servers, but simply because the game won't be able to rely on everyone having access to the auction house. Blizzard will then have to design loot drops around HAVING FUN instead of supporting their bullshit AH economy.

come on! since when has Redcoon become a reliable source for game leaks?

they're a well-known cheap online electronic retailer here in Spain, but only for tvs, digital cameras, stand alone players, audio devices, toasters, fridges and some gadgets, but games??? lol

darkwing

come on! since when has Redcoon become a reliable source for game leaks?

they're a well-known cheap online electronic retailer here in Spain, but only for tvs, digital cameras, stand alone players, audio devices, toasters, fridges and some gadgets, but games??? lol

games journalism

Every year before Diablo 3 was out there was this rumour that WoW for console will be announced "any day now" during E3 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

I guess we can expect Diablo 3 on PS4 to be shown on next years E3 then!

spirity

If online isn't required it's also going to easily be the superior version. Not because of the DRM, or their shitty servers, but simply because the game won't be able to rely on everyone having access to the auction house. Blizzard will then have to design loot drops around HAVING FUN instead of supporting their bullshit AH economy.

I'd be really pissed if they did that. Unless I can somehow trade in my digital copy for the ps3 version.

Seriously, the loot in D3 is rubbish. I played my DH for 2 hours, went from lvl 21 to 23 in that time, and had 5 rares drop. Level on the loot? 8, 8, 8, 12, 12. What use is a lvl 8 rare to my lvl 21? And that's just the rares. I've got a lvl 55 Barb, saw one legendary when I was lvl 18 (it was for a lvl 8). Not seen one since. Never saw a single set item and whenever I do come across an upgrade it's so marginal you just feel meh. There's no fun modifiers in anything I'm picking up. It's just bland as hell.

You are supposed to be excited to see a rare item. You are supposed to be excited to get an upgrade. That does not happen in Diablo 3. In the Torchlight 2 beta I had a stack of cool, interesting loot that had cool, interesting effects and modifiers and it was all stuff pertinent to my level.

The combat and classes in Diablo 3 are great. The skill system is sweet. But the loot? Its abysmal, and seeing as how the loot is the driving factor for playing a loot-centric arpg like this, it overshadows all of D3's good points (of which there are many).

And yeah, the reason the loot is so shit is because of that Auction House.

It would play like shit though, so I fail to see how it would be the superior version? Diablo 3 is quite a bit faster and has a lot more going on then Diablo 2, and frankly I don't think the PS3 could handle it. The framerate would be crap or they would have to remove half the onscreen enemies.

They would also have to rework the FOV because it's hard to see little details like loot on an HDTV with the standard view, which would make ranged characters a chore.

elty

I find it skeptical. It woukd been such a megaton that make no sense to leave out from the main E3 presentation.

Cheech

The first Diablo was on PSX-- not sure how good of a version it was though.

It was horrid.

This is one of those games that really needs to be reworked for controller support. Like an RTS, you're never going to get the kind of precision you need with a gamepad.

Top Bottom