• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'll be fine with Batgirl. Maybe not Barbara, Stephanie or Cass would be nice. They can save Barbara for the movies, Gotham or something.

It will be very much like Smallville, instead of Green Arrows, bringing some mainstream attention to Batgirls.

Why would Batgirl ever be on this show? At least with Batwoman there's some crossover with Maggie, there's no reason for a Batgirl to ever show up. Also she's got a damn movie coming up, she's totally off limits. No reason for Stephanie either. Cass sounds like a made up character.

Nothing Bat related is happening on this show.

Why would Batgirl ever be on this show? At least with Batwoman there's some crossover with Maggie, there's no reason for a Batgirl to ever show up. Also she's got a damn movie coming up, she's totally off limits. No reason for Stephanie either. Cass sounds like a made up character.

I can find a lot of reasons Batgirls should be on the show. Having some Batman-related character on the show might bring some new fans, and Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown are relatively unknown enough for mainstream audience, but somewhat popular among comic fans. They can just keep Stephanie as Spoiler and Cassandra as Orphan. Even in Smallville, they admitted wanting Batman but at the time, they can only get Green Arrows.

Kara could use some female vigilantes to keep up with the "girls power" theme. In Season 2, Supergirl's male squadmates aka James, Hank, Winn and Mon-el outnumber the female ones. Even in Arrows, Oliver has a team.

Again, just playing with some ideas. It's not like I have any say in who they might add.

Why would Batgirl ever be on this show?
Because we need a Super Best Friends Forever episode:

maxresdefault-2.jpg

Penguin

So yeah as we deduced in the thread, Supergirl's season 3 baddie will be Reign

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/05/31/breaking-news-supergirls-reign-of-destruction?sf83818963=1

SG_6_12_COLOR_600_592f16f35cdd22.89588576.jpg

While the prior two seasons have leaned somewhat on Superman characters (or characters from the Super-books as a whole), Reign comes straight from Supergirl’s acclaimed New 52 series, and in fact was one of the first baddies she faced in the relaunch. In that storyline, it was revealed that Reign’s history was tied closely to Krypton. She was one of five “Worldkillers” who were aliens that were captured and experimented on by Kryptonian scientists in an attempt to turn them into powerful weapons. After they awoke and found their captors dead and Krypton destroyed, Reign and three of the other Worldkillers attempted to find their home worlds, but instead wound up on Earth.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hope they can take a fresh perspective with this villain. We've had Kryptonians and Kryptonian-lites as the big bads for these last two seasons now.

morningbus

We just gotta wait out the 100 so Eliza Taylor can sign on for a season as Powergirl.

Penguin

I'm kind of intrigued... mostly because she doesn't seem like the type of villain that can last an entire season, but we'll see.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm a fan of Odette. They're gonna humanize her, before she inevitably goes evil and tries to destroy National City and hypnotizes Superman.

caliph95

I'm a fan of Odette. They're gonna humanize her, before she inevitably goes evil and tries to destroy National City and hypnotizes Superman.
jeez stop with future spoilers.

Seriously i could see making Worldkillers a bigger group to create mooks especially since i doubt Reign will keep her comic look

So we can have the best Halloween episode ever.

batgirl14drac.jpg

Why are they afraid to say Batman in this show? We know who they talking about.

Just finished the season. Not sure if I'll stay for a third unless they bring in Krypto. What was that post credit scene about?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why are they afraid to say Batman in this show? We know who they talking about.

Just finished the season. Not sure if I'll stay for a third unless they bring in Krypto. What was that post credit scene about?

Krypto would be fun, but I suspect they don't like working with animals on these shows, at least long term. I never thought about it, but none of them have like a cat or dog. It's kinda weird. Same with babies.

morningbus

Krypto would be fun, but I suspect they don't like working with animals on these shows, at least long term. I never thought about it, but none of them have like a cat or dog. It's kinda weird. Same with babies.

The Flash is going to do a swerve next season and the turtle Barry got this year is going to become Fastback.

jph139

They can go slow with the super pets... at the rate this show burns through love interests we'll be on Comet soon enough.

Sanjay

Odette Annable is a nice casting.

This is great casting, she was amazing in Banshee.

Caught up with season 2, it was way better then season 1. The finale it self was a disaster, damn right awful writing everywhere, nothing made sense, everything was contrived just to break up supergirls relationship with Jumperman.

The guardian needs to die as a thing.

I only want two things for next season, more aliens and stargate like missions on different planets.

jwk94

Finally caught up. Kinda mad they sent Mon-El away. The fight choreography in this show is terrible, but dude had the best fight (the baton thing) in the whole show.

I was genuinely surprised to see Cat return. Always love seeing her. Is she back back or will she leave again? And I smiled when she mentioned Supergirl's name at the end. Knew she wasn't dumb. Now Lena on the other hand... I really hope she doesn't get mad when she finds out...theyrr gonna need to set that one up well if they want us to believe Lena would be pissed.

We just gotta wait out the 100 so Eliza Taylor can sign on for a season as Powergirl.
Now I'm gonna be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was genuinely surprised to see Cat return. Always love seeing her. Is she back back or will she leave again?

Probably gonna bounce again but pop up for an episode here and there.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
There's a long history of Supergirl getting the boost over Superman.

There's also the recurring one where the explanation is that her cells are much denser than clarks and thus can absorb much more solar radiation.
They used it in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse as well.

ZeroX03

Banned

Grizzlyjin

Now I feel bad for ragging on CYBORG SUPERMAN. So Harewood knew it was ridiculous but the writers couldn't see that? That speaks to an issue with the show's usage of comic characters. I'm perfectly fine with them putting their own spin on things. But nobody in the writers room asked "Why is he calling himself Cyborg Superman?" You can tell they just Wikipedia character names and that's it.

Completely indifferent to the showrunner change.

Joni

Looks like one of the new showrunners already worked in the Arrowverse:

Queller’s previous series credits include Felicity, Gilmore Girls and Gossip Girl. Rovner previously worked on Private Practice, Crossing Jordan, Dallas and American Dreams, among others.

caliph95

Now I feel bad for ragging on CYBORG SUPERMAN. So Harewood knew it was ridiculous but the writers couldn't see that? That speaks to an issue with the show's usage of comic characters. I'm perfectly fine with them putting their own spin on things. But nobody in the writers room asked "Why is he calling himself Cyborg Superman?" You can tell they just Wikipedia character names and that's it.

Completely indifferent to the showrunner change.
There is also stuff like Mon-El besides being completely different they keep insisting on calling him self Mon El even when he has an actual daxamite name in the comics, no one comments on why he has an El last name when a big deal was made about it and what it means the the super people. It's their goddam crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom