• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I either hacked the Wii U Miiverse or I am stupid.

iammeiam

So can OP dick around with NoA settings, or is this just Japanese stuff? Maybe he stumbled into some sort of prelaunch test environment?

Quick, start trying to ban GAF IDs. Or give them all admin powers. (don't actually do this, pissing off Nintendo is probably not the healthiest long-term strategy.)

LeleSocho

Banned
icZOQ.gif

That last part is so much funnier now.

omg the last part
ahahahah not even one day

MechaX

This isn't a hack. This is Nintendo is bad at software systems. isn't even the only thing wrong with this launch and system. It's a disaster that Nintendo, in 2012, is having trouble keeping pace with what Sony and Microsoft were doing years ago!

I'm kinda curious for you to tell us how you really feel, but this is neither the time nor the place. As bad as it is, let us keep reality in check by noting that this launch is not quite SEGA-esque.

Yet.

Oh man I really want Trike to screw something up. It's the chaotic side of me. Trike, you should post instructions but do a special gaf quote. If it leaks, we won't know who did it, but we'll know it was a gaffer and not a lurker.

Sometimes I think that Iwata and Miyamoto don't even really know. Like they walk into a room full of engineers or programmers and say "Yo what's up" and then they show Iwata a crayon drawing of a menu and say it's working and totes sweet and all that Internet jazz and Iwata's all "Cool" and he ollies out and then the engineers break out the whiskey sours.

Smellycat

OP, find this mario community:

During debugging, we set up a hypothetical Mario community and I watched the comments. My idea of it grew a lot and I thought, “Oh, so this is what it’s like when you actually play a game with it.” Kurisu: Someone posted, “I can’t clear this stage!” and someone replied, “You have to step on Luigi!” Then the first person said “I did it!” Watching that back-and-forth, I thought, “Oh! This is it!”

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This is definitely Nintendo's last console.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Instead of throwing balls Ash now puts a gun to his head and blows forth brain matter manifesting itself as different Pokemons.

Ash secretly saved the world by summoning Pikachu at the worlds end and
sacrificing himself to seal Gary behind a Mountain to prevent the worlds end

SpongeBobWallet.gif

KissVibes

Banned
I'm kinda curious for you to tell us how you really feel, but this is neither the time nor the place. As bad as it is, let us keep reality in check by noting that this launch is not quite SEGA-esque.

Yet.

You act like I'm trying to troll. I'm simply pointing out that this launch isn't as bad the the Saturn launch like you said, it's worse. The things I was thinking about when I said this wasn't the only thing wrong with the launch and system are all factually based, not opinion.

Is there a recap of what's happening?

Not much has happened so far. The original poster managed to get into a debug menu of the Miiverse and can see the three pictures in the original post. In an additional menu it seems that the words "suicide" and "POKEMON" are highlighted to display in the US region, presumably in messages to other users. The original poster is unable to delete everything (or so it seems). Right now things are randomally being sampled to see what can be done. Oh and he's also set himself as a regional administrator.

Trike

Oh man I really want Trike to screw something up. It's the chaotic side of me. Trike, you should post instructions but do a special gaf quote. If it leaks, we won't know who did it, but we'll know it was a gaffer and not a lurker.

MY ACCOUNT IS LINKED TO CLUB NINTENDO. WHAT IF THIS YEARS PLATINUM REWARD IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE BUT ME.

This is actually depressing me now. It is so simple to do I am legit surprised no one else has found out about it.

Edit: in case you couldn't tell, those are real users with posts I can moderate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tom Cruise? This system is powered by Scientology Technology?

Cancelling my pre-order now.

Was so certain this console was made possible by Happy Science.

Izick

Not much has happened so far. The original poster managed to get into a debug menu of the Miiverse and can see the three pictures in the original post. In an additional menu it seems that the words "suicide" and "POKEMON" are highlighted to display in the US region, presumably in messages to other users. THe original poster is unable to delete everything (or so it seems).

Thanks

Top Bottom