• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dangan Ronpa (Super High School Level) English Translation Patch Released (PSP)

kewlmyc

IF is written by a totally different author than the guy who wrote Danganronpa. Take that as you will. It's pretty much fanfiction; good fanfiction, but still fanfiction.

It did come with preorders for SDR2, so who knows...

IF is written by a totally different author than the guy who wrote Danganronpa. Take that as you will. It's pretty much fanfiction; good fanfiction, but still fanfiction.

It did come with preorders for SDR2, so who knows...

I know. It certainly read like one. I also noticed it contradicts the story in DR1 where
Fujisaki has access to a laptop. That doesn't happen until they can enter the second floor.

Plus, all of those action sequences seemed way over the top lol.

I just finished the game right now. Holy crap did the narrative crash and burn at the end. Everything that I hadn't already guessed was simply handwaved. Every single mystery either was obvious from the start, was given a really unsatisfactory explanation, or was simply left hanging. It's amazing how a perfectly polar opposite of 999 this was in that regard, actually.

At least the gameplay was leaps and bounds above Ace Attorney. It might make things "easier" but spending one hour in Ace Attorney to find out what exact pixel to ping of what location at what specific point of the narrative got tiring fast.

I just finished the game right now. Holy crap did the narrative crash and burn at the end. Everything that I hadn't already guessed was simply handwaved. Every single mystery either was obvious from the start, was given a really unsatisfactory explanation, or was simply left hanging. It's amazing how a perfectly polar opposite of 999 this was in that regard, actually.

Apparently a bunch of stuff is explained in the sequel and prequel novel.

Random bump for a question, how exactly do the relationship building aspects work in this series? Are they expanded as the series goes along?

It seems like it might be a bit hard to build relationship with everyone getting murdered/executed...

Random bump for a question, how exactly do the relationship building aspects work in this series? Are they expanded as the series goes along?

It seems like it might be a bit hard to build relationship with everyone getting murdered/executed...

It gives you "techniques" to use during the trials and/or raises the amount you can use. It's not like Persona where you'd be missing out on something vital if you don't talk to people in time (except for dialogue).

The relationship part of the game is very, very small part of the game really in the end. You just get some lil silly sidestories mostly from the character you choose to spend time with. Indeed you get some abilities/skill points from this too but it really doesn't matter much since the game is quite easy even without them and you have unlimited continues anyway.

It gives you "techniques" to use during the trials and/or raises the amount you can use. It's not like Persona where you'd be missing out on something vital if you don't talk to people in time (except for dialogue).
But it doesn't affect the overall narrative in anyway? I don't know much about the plot so maybe what I'm asking for won't make sense, but it would be nice if the relationships you choose to build could alter the direction of the story.

Do different characters at least give you different skills?

But it doesn't affect the overall narrative in anyway? I don't know much about the plot so maybe what I'm asking for won't make sense, but it would be nice if the relationships you choose to build could alter the direction of the story.

No, you just learn more about each character.

Yes, everyone can give you different skills.

Yes you get different skills from different characters but it doesn't affect the story. Like most of the free time dialogue has nothing to do with the story. You don't really form relationships with the characters, you kinda just get to hear them talk about something.

Yes you get different skills from different characters but it doesn't affect the story. Like most of the free time dialogue has nothing to do with the story. You don't really form relationships with the characters, you kinda just get to hear them talk about something.
Well, that's a bit disappointing. But I've read that the enhanced Vita ports will have new "dating dialogue", so hopefully they are expanding that aspect of the game.

Top Bottom