• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Shower Thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maou

Presenting the GAMING SHOWER™
Many genius posts fall into the tragic abyss of Neogaf, but this cannot be one of them! I would back this project for the hilarity alone!
...Lucia really was the Destroyer.
Magic Emperor: Now, now, Dragonboy, surely you don't mean that. There can be no new creation without the destruction of the old! (This too is worth considering in the shower, Lunar or no.)

OmegaZero

What if Joel was right and we really ARE the last of us?

Also one day someone needs to make a stealth/character-action hybrid featuring ninjas. Like Tenchu meets Ninja Gaiden. Metal Gear Rising was close but not enough imo.

Did I already wash my hair? Too tired to remember. Fuck it, I'll wash it again just in case. Will my X preorder get stolen off my porch? Prob not... good neighborhood.

g23

European pre-madonna
The next Metal Gear will be contracted to and developed by Randy Pitchford's Gearbox studios

old

There’s a convention dedicated solely to Minecraft. They even have casters stream a show about it.

Somewhere some guy wakes up to get ready to talk about the crazy exciting high-flying world of Minecraft for 6 hours. Some other guy is preparing to give a keynote speech. The casters will be listening intently to debate this keynote.

They’re going to argue over what a guy said at a keynote at a Minecraft convention. The argument will get heated. Chat on twitch will take sides. There will be a Twitter war coordinated on a discord server. Thread raids on reddit will be organized. Egos fueling petty attacks across the internet. The drama will cause Minecraft Devs to get involved with an official statement to quell unrest. More arguments across social media will ignite. Death theats. Harassment. Twitter accounts closed. Subreddits gone private. Calls for mods to step down.

And somewhere out there in space an alien civilization is looking down on this absurdity of a species and thinking, “Holy fuck! They have nukes!”

jryeje29

Nintendo is only still around as a hardware maker because of nostalgia. They own great ip and make some great first party games. But as a company they are trash and will never change because we let them get away it.

No matter what you think about my post, think about them as a company overall. They listen to almost no criticism, they almost never change, they will not sell you what you want to buy because they can tease you with low stock, and much more. If they had no nostalgia backing them up they’d already be gone. Or they’d just be a game publisher.

NoKisum

Hmm... Bill Trinen's nieces and/or nephews must be considered compulsive liars when they talk about family work.

Because, y'know, their uncle works for Nintendo.

Nintendo should make all of the Amiibos available to order on their website. People would prepay and at the end of the month, they will make all the orders and ship them a week later. Sure, it’ll be above msrp, but people will get the amiibos they really want straight from the source.

Evildoomnerd

Neo Member
-Why isn't there a single restroom in the Resident Evil 2 RPD?

-Could a video game starring Old Gregg work?

-A Ghostbusters game with procedurally generated spooks and entities.

oni-link

How long until Microsoft have been in the console game longer than Sega were?

Edit: When you run out of shower gel and didn't pre order the shower so you missed out on the limited edition soap so you have to resort to loot boxes and the shower market place before you can finish up

I thought you had built a gaming shower.

edit:

Presenting the GAMING SHOWER™

Help me make the Gaming Shower a reality by visiting my Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1234567890/Gaming-Shower

shower-tv.jpeg

Artist’s rendering of Studio Gaming Shower

Are you sure you wouldn't rather put this on Fig?

Marcel

This is honestly not a joke post.
And I'm not saying Nintendo or Game Freak were involved.

Today, it's been discovered that Russian meddling extended to Pokemon Go among other social media platforms.

First, I have to show off my Pokemon knowledge and make the joke that Team Rocket are off-handedly said to have a branch in Russia in RBY/FRLG, located in either Tiksi or Podkamennaya Tunguska depending on which localization you're using.

But, my main point is that the release of Sun and Moon always irked me. Not the official release, that was the 18th of November, but the release a large amount of the Internet was waiting for was when the games would be leaked to the net and we'd be able to digest everything they had to offer. It happened with X&Y, and it was sure to happen to Sun and Moon...but when?

November 8th, 2016. The day of the election. Now I don't know if this was something that was planned longterm, but when it happened I found it rather funny. I went to the election booth myself and made sure to vote, but otherwise I was glued to my computer until I had to go to work as the information drifted out. I know we had quite a few people on GAF doing the same thing.

But the leak originated on the 4chan Pokemon Board, /vp/. Now we don't know anything about the person who was leaking it, other than they went by the tag "Lurantis" and had acquired the game through some illicit means. They were careful about what they posted to protect their identity, and generally secretive---now it most circumstances this isn't suspicious. I mean it is technically since what he's doing is illegal, but otherwise most people who leak games are secretive.

That being said, with the idea that Russia loved to meddle with the election the secretiveness takes on a whole different level---was this one of Russia's many Social Media strategists doing this specifically on Election Day? As to why they would do it, well, a lot of young folks probably weren't eager to get out and vote in the first place, and those who might have would've likely skipped out on it if something better came along---say, learning about all the cool new stuff in Sun and Moon? Sure, /vp/ may be seen as Trump voters and thus working against that, but I imagine /vp/ was the best way to get it to spread around the more liberal areas of the net and the net benefit of distracting young Hillary voters probably outweighed those who would've voted Trump.

So, that's my theory. Someone with ties to Russia, or sympathetic to Trump, obtained an early copy of Sun and Moon and leaked it to the Internet on Election Day to distract young liberals from going to the polls.

Aggie CMD

How many video games have been lost in the US recently due to catastrophic natural disasters such as hurricanes and wild fires?

daveo42

Banned
What if Konami never turned into a corporate bag of dicks? What Konami games would we be playing right now? Would it be a CAPCOM-like hell or some gaming renaissance?

There’s really no way Joel should have
survived that steel pipe. It hit him right in a vital organ, pierced straight through him, was probably rusted and he managed to heal, without any infection, because of some antibiotics and bandages? Nah.

WestEgg

What if real life has experience points like an RPG, but due to our mostly peaceful society, everyone stays at level 1?

DrArchon

I actually can't stand paying full price for fighting games anymore, because I know that (outside of a game with easier control inputs like Smash Bros) I'm not going to hop online with anymore than 1-2 characters. Like, I know that if I'm going to play MvCI I'm only going to use Monster Hunter and 1 other character. If I get Pokken, I'll almost certainly stick with Weavile and Scizor. When I played SSF4 I only used Juri.

Yet I'm buying the full roster of characters I fully know that I'll never use outside of training mode once to figure out if I like them or not.

I'd much rather have the game be F2P with all of the characters available for training mode but you have to buy characters for online VS.

I thought about making a topic about this, but I could never really get my thoughts together.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm still rolling in Nier Automata shower thoughts.

"Wait, so what the hell was that one thing all about?" times infinity.

Cepheus

How many video games have been lost in the US recently due to catastrophic natural disasters such as hurricanes and wild fires?

You mean development-wise or copies of games? MvC3's development was affected by the Japanese earthquake/tsunami a few years ago.

What if Nintendo chose Sony over Philips? The entire games industry would be completely different.

Nabbis

There’s really no way Joel should have
survived that steel pipe. It hit him right in a vital organ, pierced straight through him, was probably rusted and he managed to heal, without any infection, because of some antibiotics and bandages? Nah.

The giant walking mushrooms was the believable part?

Why did Nintendo completely drop Miyu and Fay from Star Fox? They brought everything else from Star Fox 2 in future games, Star Wolf in Star Fox 64, the strategic map/battle mode in Star Fox Command, even the Arwing Walker came back in Star Fox Zero, but never these two.

The Star Fox team is weird for not really having any females in the first game so they add them to the sequel... that never came out. I know they added Krystal who's a weird enough case already due to the transformation of Dinosaur Planet to Star Fox Adventures, but they got rid of her when Star Fox Zero did a reboot. But why not have Miyu and Fay now to have those females. It would have helped Star Fox Zero feel more new as well since you've got some new characters to play with and not just the 64 Cast again...

The Ouendan/EBA franchise is the best rhythm franchise in all gaming and nothing will ever fill the gap it left

Yes. I often have this thought in the shower. I'm usually face down in the water like in Perfect Blue/Requiem for a Dream. The water is too hot. Or maybe it's too cold. I can't feel it anymore. I can't feel anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom