• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft promise a Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends demo.

den

Good to hear. that demo will solve everything.
tumblr_lxyu3wyfGa1qcsp5b.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Making the team make another demo instead of releasing the game they likely already finished. Well golly, what a nice gesture.

big_erk

Hey, Ubi. You want to make it up to us, release the damn game on schedule. It makes no sense to delay the Wii U release to prep a release on 360 and PS3.

AGITΩ

wow...exclusive demo. This totally makes up for it...no just give us the game. You've worked that team to death already.

stuminus3

Banned
Yeah, go fuck yourselves Ubisoft. I feel really sorry for the guys and gals that are developing this game. What a sham.

Cbajd5

will the demo come out on the release date before the second delay

and be the whole game

and cost the price of the game

because that'd be cool

It's not like I won't download it, but it doesn't make up for the delay at all.

iammeiam

For maximum hilarity, this demo should center on whatever they're doing to work around Murphy on PS360. Wii U exclusive demo of the multiplat version.

AniHawk

montpellier deserves better. this idea must have come from the top as a reaction to all the backlash yesterday.

AniHawk

They're probably happy to be employed and working though. I'm sure there are a lot of out-of-work devs that would switch places with them in a heartbeat.

i'm glad i don't have a fatal disease. it still sucks whenever i get a fever that lasts five days.

Takuya

Banned
Exclusive demo can just mean that the WiiU demo is different from the PS3/360 too. Can spin this in so many ways. lol

They're probably happy to be employed and working though. I'm sure there are a lot of out-of-work devs that would switch places with them in a heartbeat.

Huh? How is that applicable at all? I'm referencing the fact that the dev team is super pissed they had to work long hours, miss their friends and family, to finish a game upper management had no intent on releasing. Are you saying they don't have the right to be mad?

At least WiiU users got something to play now.

Ohhh....very subtle, I'm sure no one will notice.

Sign the petition. Not that it's likely to change things but hey, some times delusions can be a nice thing...:-(

I don't get this "petition". Would anything change in terms of you buying the game now or later? Since when does "Competing with GTA5" matter especially when GTA5 isn't releasing on WiiU?

I know it's all fun and games but sometimes its funny seeing how everyone pretends to be financial advisors. If you like the game, buy it. If you don't, then don't. No delay can make you "hate" the game if you were buying it anyway.

liquidtmd

Banned
So no demo on PS3/Xbox? Not very fair

Rayman Legends 360/PS3 full retail games release dates brought forward to March 1st, Wii U version delayed indefinitely (rumoured to hit same day as Aliens: Colonial Marines)

Am serious. Its getting that crazy.

We could say this about any job; doesn't change anything.
The devs will still be pissed off they have another 6 months of doing what they've just done the last 6 months doing.

They won't be doing it for the next 6 months. They'll probably have like 3 or 4 programmers working on porting the game for the next month or 2. The 6 month delay is to get it into a time where publishers love to release their games because that's what analysts say is best.

Hoodbury

Oh the gaming industry; so f'ed up. Ubi was trying to make Rayman into a major franchise but only seems to be killing it off. Too bad for the devs who are making quality games only to have the 'ties' mess everything up.

Top Bottom