• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

formerly nacire
Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus at that 20dps bow about 30minutes in. Man I want that.

Here is my current bow in the beta. You should have seen the craftable one handed xbows before they nerfed the crafting levels. They were like high 20's low 30's with +20 dex on them, lol.

bowdpsfsipd.jpg

Freki

Here is my current bow in the beta. You should have seen the craftable one handed xbows before they nerfed the crafting levels. They were like high 20's low 30's with +20 dex on them, lol.

bowdpsfsipd.jpg

They were lvl13 uniques to be fair - nothing like this is dropping in the beta

Twinduct

Take some of your vacation days like any honest person would? If you don't have any left work overtime before - that's what I did.

Lol honest :p
Nah I'm leaving the company soon. Have not taken any leave or sick leave since joining them, so might aswell cash in some :p

Max

I am not Max
Just finished getting all the achievements last night :>

Now to craft until I get the highest strength items I can for my barb

forrest

formerly nacire
They were lvl13 uniques to be fair - nothing like this is dropping in the beta

Yup, but if your excited over a 20dps bow then surely you would be more excited for a 30dps one hander with 20dex. As much as a 20dps bow seems OP in beta the two 30dps one handers were just ridiculous. I could kill the skeleton king with a single rapid fire and still have hatred left over. Of course that was before they boosted his health pool too.

Freki

So it's finally confirmed (European post went up and down 3 times)

12:01 a.m. PDT for US Servers

00:01 CEST for European Servers

FUCK YES - the 2nd - was worried for a short time as the european site said 9:01 - but now everything is fine - YES

FUCK YES - the 2nd - was worried for a short time as the european site said 9:01 - but now everything is fine - YES

Damn blizzard and there bias to the west coast, oh well I'm used to it with blizzard games at this point.

The wait is getting worse knowing its so close now to the release date.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PDT? I guess I'll just wake up at 2 a.m that day...

I actually think I'm going to end up being a responsible citizen and working on the 15th, meaning I won't get to play until I get home around 6. Well, technically. I'm sure I'll wake up and make a character or two before heading out.

Aesthet1c

I'm going to be stuck working in the 15, but I will be going to sleep early Monday night, and waking up at 1:00AM on Tuesday, and playing for like 5 hours before I have to go into work.

Also, for those of you needing an excuse for your GF or boss, this website is for you:

www.sorryformay15.com

Man, I need this fucking game in my veins. I know there's a lot of mixed reaction over various topics concerning the game, but holy hell did I end up connecting with this one. I would be mindlessly grinding all hell out of the closed beta if I was in it. I actually feel like going to bed earlier so the 15th will come sooner, a feeling which I haven't had about anything since maybe middle school or so.

Despite coming up with a sick Wizard build, I feel I have no choice but to roll WD. There's just too much stuff to do with em. Question tho, does opening your game to the public have any increased rewards, or does it just make the monsters tougher? Like, will full game mobs drop better loot, more xp etc. When I get into the higher difficulties, I'll definitely be doing multiplayer to deal with different types of mob resistances and so on.

Aesthet1c

Man, I need this fucking game in my veins. I know there's a lot of mixed reaction over various topics concerning the game, but holy hell did I end up connecting with this one. I would be mindlessly grinding all hell out of the closed beta if I was in it. I actually feel like going to bed earlier so the 15th will come sooner, a feeling which I haven't had about anything since maybe middle school or so.

Despite coming up with a sick Wizard build, I feel I have no choice but to roll WD. There's just too much stuff to do with em. Question tho, does opening your game to the public have any increased rewards, or does it just make the monsters tougher? Like, will full game mobs drop better loot, more xp etc. When I get into the higher difficulties, I'll definitely be doing multiplayer to deal with different types of mob resistances and so on.

I think it's been mentioned that having more people in your game increases the chance for rare monsters to spawn, and therefor, increasing the chances for better items to drop.

FinKL

I think it's been mentioned that having more people in your game increases the chance for rare monsters to spawn, and therefor, increasing the chances for better items to drop.

It's also worth noting that Magic Find will be averaged with your party too. EX: You have "+80% Magic Find" and 3 other team members have "+20% Magic Find" it gets averaged with your party for an average Magic Find of "+35% Magic Find" per person.

I rarely found any "yellow" monsters to kill by myself, but found multiple "blue" monsters and the occasional "yellow" monster with 4 people. Will definitely be running with 4 people, it just spawns more monsters :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I actually think I'm going to end up being a responsible citizen and working on the 15th, meaning I won't get to play until I get home around 6. Well, technically. I'm sure I'll wake up and make a character or two before heading out.

I'm going to work on the 15th. I'm not in any real rush, I'm going to be playing this game for the next ten years, there is time to enjoy it.

That said, I don't plan on sleeping that Tuesday night, and I've already warned the world that the weekend of the 18th I'm busy all weekend long, lol!

Sothpaw

Meh at that launch time. Blizzard give no fucks about the East Coast, confirmed.

You guys get good TV timeslots. We get the good videogame release times. Well for Blizzard and Valve anyway
the only two devs that matter

That said I wouldn't mind 3am anyway. I'll be asleep either way.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wth is this crap and leaving us in the east ciast hanging until 3am?! Kind of makes doing the midnight launch not worth it.

Wth is this crap and leaving us in the east ciast hanging until 3am?! Kind of makes doing the midnight launch not worth it.

Depending on how far away your midnight launch is and how they handle it theres a good chance you wont get home and fully installed / updated till around 1amish anyways i guess. Still stinks to wait for the game to come up at that point but not as bad as it could be.

Wolfie5

Woohoo! :)

Less than 3 weeks left... hyped!

I am glad they had that open beta thing. It really gave me my diablo fix. I can wait 3 weeks... I think

That's cool that more people in the game can result in better drops. But I'm curious, how does the game work in regards to dividing up loot when there are multiple people in a game? Does loot just go to whoever clicks and picks it up first? Or does the game support some sort of system where people are able to roll on items that they want?

I don't think any of my friends will be playing D3; I would most likely end up playing with strangers. So hopefully there is something that allows me to stand a fair chance and don't have to worry about getting screwed over when it comes to drops.

That's cool that more people in the game can result in better drops. But I'm curious, how does the game work in regards to dividing up loot when there are multiple people in a game? Does loot just go to whoever clicks and picks it up first? Or does the game support some sort of system where people are able to roll on items that they want?

I don't think any of my friends will be playing D3; I would most likely end up playing with strangers. So hopefully there is something that allows me to stand a fair chance and don't have to worry about getting screwed over when it comes to drops.

Everyone gets there own drops in D3 unlike in D2 where it was a mad scramble to click the gold text first.

alexel

Everyone gets their own individual loot that only they see.

I'm really going to miss fighting others for my loot. I'm also gonna miss typing tp! tp! tp! Yes its more efficient now, but I really will miss those things.

Tacitus_

Crossposting to this thread the post I made in the open beta thread:

So someone over at reddit crunched some numbers:

The wizard has 25 skills, each with 5 rune combinations (assuming we don't allow unruned skills), and 15 passives. With 6 skill slots and 3 passive slots, that gives us:

1,259,070,313,000 (1 trillion, 259 billion, and change)

Similarly, the other classes have:

Barb: 22 primary / 16 passive =652,863,750,000 (652 billion and change) barbarian builds

DH: 23 primary / 15 passive = 717,670,078,100 (717 billion and change) demon hunter builds

Monk : 21 primary / 14 passive = 308,626,500,000 (308 billion and change) monk builds

WD: 22 primary / 15 passive = 520,451,796,900 (520 billion and change) witch doctor builds

That better be enough builds.

Bonus:
Guided Mode/Non-Elective Mode:

Barbarian: 20,160,000,000
Demon Hunter: 21,840,000,000
Monk: 9,828,000,000
Witch Doctor: 16,380,000,000
Wizard: 34,125,000,000

I'm really going to miss fighting others for my loot. I'm also gonna miss typing tp! tp! tp! Yes its more efficient now, but I really will miss those things.

I have feelings on both the negative and positive side for the loot scramble, Seeing that amazing rare item drop and clicking and thinking you got it only to find out you didn't could be crushing but spam clicking and coming up with all the good drops made you feel like a badass as well.

Loot scramble became a art form the more I played, since I could identify which items were which and what to go after first before they even hit the ground.

The game definitely gets harder than the beta portions, even in normal. Having played the "hidden" content, with 4 people, the tree poison puddles kill you in less than 3 seconds. Once I died simply from teleporting to someone who was near poison - by the time time my game fully loaded, I was dead, with no chance to move out of it.

I also happened to trigger an event by myself in a 4 player game, and died to it 3 times in a row, as it spawned tons of monsters that swarmed a waypoint - making it very difficult to not die until I had backup.

methane47

Hey guys i had a quick question about PVP in diablo 3.
How is it gonna work. Is it going to be possible to invade peoples games like Dark Souls? Or will there be arenas?

TylerD

I also happened to trigger an event by myself in a 4 player game, and died to it 3 times in a row, as it spawned tons of monsters that swarmed a waypoint - making it very difficult to not die until I had backup.

Ah yes, that was the first time I had to use "WP is HOT!" in the beta. Those were good times, like explorers in a foreign and forbidden land.

Tacitus_

This is just for the mouse skills:
Number of Primary Skills x Number of Secondary Skills x 5**2 (or 6**2 if you want to include the unruned skills)

Barbarian: 300 (432)
Demon Hunter: 400 (576)
Monk: 300 (432)
Witch Doctor: 400 (576)
Wizard: 400 (576)

This game is going to be godly.

Gvaz

Banned
Hey guys i had a quick question about PVP in diablo 3.
How is it gonna work. Is it going to be possible to invade peoples games like Dark Souls? Or will there be arenas?
I imagine you'd have someone join your game and then do a duel, but idk if it even has that

maharg

idspispopd
Do people really believe that some supposedly perfect build (a la hammerdin) won't be discovered and overused in D3 just because there's a large number of raw combinations possible? People gravitate towards min/maxing any way they can.

Do people really believe that some supposedly perfect build (a la hammerdin) won't be discovered and overused in D3 just because there's a large number of raw combinations possible? People gravitate towards min/maxing any way they can.

For dueling, maybe. For PvE? Jay Wilson stressed that there would be many more "viable" builds in D3 than D2. Meaning, you'll still be able to kick some ass in inferno using good but slightly less optimal builds.

I don't think it will be as unbalanced as d2 was since damage on skills is easier to balance with it being tied to weapon dps. Min/maxing is inevitable in any game heavily grounded in stats though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
While min maxing and cookie cutter builds will certainly be there I think there's a lot more ways to have fun with the game casually leveling to 60 or something.

I know I'm already thinking of maxing spirit regen / per hit to abuse mechanics of multi hit skills and stacked attack speed for example.

Lothars

Of course there will be builds like that but there also should be many more builds either way that are perfectly viable.

Cipherr

I dont think its possible to stop an absolute numerical based 'best'. But theres a tier below best where you can still get the job done. I think and hope that tier is larger than in previous games I have played.

Ryan_

I'm just going to round down and guesstimate each class will have about 5 builds.
5 seems like a good number.

This probably. It's nice to juggle with big numbers but the number of viable builds used in endgame will be a lot less, I think.

to be fair, Paladin was my favorite class and I never ever had the gear to make a hammerdin work, so I always went Zealadin. My fave was getting a 3 man team of holy fire/shock/freeze auras. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom