• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Reveleations coming to PS3/360?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This is survival horror as much as the zombies mode is in COD. There's a few sections that can be a bit tense, but not enough to call it srvival horror.

Didn't sell very well anyway.

Probably right. I just know people seemed to label Revelations to the older titles then the recent ones being more of a action game.

Eurocult

I never got around to picking up a 3DS to play this, so I like this rumor. Would be ok to assume it's coming for Wii U I think.

There are parts where you use the touch screen, so a Vita port makes more sense ESPECIALLY when Capcom was supposed to bring it to the PSP.

Vita port with extras...but I guess not.

PSN version that's cross buy a la PSABR and the new Ratchet? Yeah that would make me buy the game.

Hope the release is PSN/XBL for $10-$15 bucks, but I know it'll be like $30.

I'll buy a $15 downloadable XBLA version, but if they try selling a 3DS game as a full retail 360/PS3 game...let's just say, it's not going to improve my perception of Capcom.

Would rebuy it on WiiU in a heartbeat, since it's the only sytem that can deliver on the scanning gameplay and gyro implementations.

Indeed the best RE since 4.

Randdalf

I don't think it will hold up as well on consoles, primarily because it's a very simple game in comparison to other RE console games.

Hopefully Tose puts some effort into the port. Higher quality texture assets, 60fps, 1080p... Eighting really set the standard for 3DS to HD ports.

How is the PS3 version of EX Troopers? 60fps/1080p?

I don't think it will hold up as well on consoles, primarily because it's a very simple game in comparison to other RE console games.

Since is a MT Framework game (although the mobile version) they could easily pump up a few extra effects.

The game looks really good on 3DS.

I'll buy a $15 downloadable XBLA version, but if they try selling a 3DS game as a full retail 360/PS3 game...let's just say, it's not going to improve my perception of Capcom.

late ports either need to have new content, or reduced prices, but expecting it to be less than they sold RE4 and Code Veronica is only asking for disappointment. It will be at least $20, and $40 sounds like an amount I think many would find reasonable.

There's every chance they'll try and sell it for $60 though.

vg260

I really don't care as long as the price is reasonable. I just want to play it without buying a 3DS.

edit: rephrasing.

The game was tepid at best. It was touted as some sort of throwback to classic Resident Evil, but it was really just Resident Evil 5 in a more centralized setting. I suppose the story was alright, but it got a bit overly melodramatic in new Resi style. I also didn't really care for the way it jumped around a lot between characters and time periods - one minute it's trying to be scary (which it wasn't, at all), the next it's dudebro-lite co-op with another woman with a huge ass. Some of the characters were absolutely horrendous, like that BSAA duo and the woman who can't see through her hair. The enemy design also lacked imagination, probably comparably derivative to something like Silent Hill: Homecoming. You also missed out on lot of control if you didn't have a circle pad pro, and even using that was unwieldy due to the thumb destroying analog stick placement.

BD1

Banned
Hmmm, as a portable game it was pretty fun. But on a console, it's warts are going to be exposed pretty quickly. I enjoyed it a lot on 3DS, but there is no way I'd rebuy it.

The game was tepid at best. It was touted as some sort of throwback to classic Resident Evil, but it was really just Resident Evil 5 in a more centralized setting. I suppose the story was alright, but it got a bit overly melodramatic in new Resi style. I also didn't really care for the way it jumped around a lot between characters and time periods - one minute it's trying to be scary (which it wasn't, at all), the next it's dudebro-lite co-op with another woman with a huge ass. Some of the characters were absolutely horrendous, like that BSAA duo and the woman who can't see through her hair. The enemy design also lacked imagination, probably comparably derivative as something like Silent Hill: Homecoming. You also missed out on lot of control if you didn't have a circle pad pro, and even using that was unwieldy due to the thumb destroying analog stick placement.

no you didn't. unless 'missed out a lot' means 'enjoyed playing a game with the same controls as RE4 and RE5'.

no you didn't. unless 'missed out a lot' means 'enjoyed playing a game with the same controls as RE4 and RE5'.

It's not the same because at least RE4 was designed around its control limitations. Not being able to move and shoot is a pretty big issue in Revelations when it starts throwing lots of fast enemies like dogs, hunters and some bosses at you. Several environments were also designed with simultaneously strafing and popping off some shots in mind. If you play without a circle pad pro, you just get a more frustrating experience.

Owzers

that was my take, it felt very small and plain when i was excited to play it on 3ds. I gave up after 4-5 hours, i would give it a rent on ps3/360 though to give it another try.

It's not the same because at least RE4 was designed around its control limitations. Not being able to move and shoot is a pretty big issue in Revelations when it starts throwing lots of fast enemies like dogs, hunters and some bosses at you. Several environments were also designed with simultaneously strafing and popping off some shots in mind. If you play without a circle pad pro, you just get a more frustrating experience.
strafing with L worked pretty well. Also the gyro aiming was in a league ot its own.

I played the entire game and raid to completin with re4 controls even though I own the cpp.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's a really good game. I don't think it stands up to RE1-4 but it's a nicely structured portable entry. It feels like RE.

I don't think it would work that well on console, it's a fairly limited experience designed around 3DS.

cvxfreak

Hopefully Tose puts some effort into the port. Higher quality texture assets, 60fps, 1080p... Eighting really set the standard for 3DS to HD ports.

How is the PS3 version of EX Troopers? 60fps/1080p?

Tose? I don't think Capcom's ever used Tose for an HD remix. They've used Happy Happening for a few RE games, as well as Hexadrive for Okami HD.

Ridley327

But you can move and shoot in RE:R just by holding down the L button.

The only real net gain that the CPP adds to RE:R is the inarguably better swimming controls.

strafing with L worked pretty well. Also the gyro aiming was in a league ot its own.

I played the entire game and raid to completin with re4 controls even though I own the cpp.

Strafing with L is far more cumbersome than just doing it with an analog stick. I have mixed feelings about gyro aiming - it is okay for fine adjustments, but again also really cumbersome when trying to gyro aim while moving (and more-so with strafing with L). It also has the tendency to break the 3D effect. You end up doing a sort of "claw" with your whole body to keep it all working together.

In any case, all of this wasn't in RE4! If you strictly adhere by RE4 controls ie. no strafing or gyro, then the game is frustrating. Slightly less so with the above band aids applied, and drastically less so with a circle pad pro. But at the end of the day it's still not ideal no matter which poison you pick.

Nah, people are just giving the game a free pass because it's a handheld title.
The assets would also look very bad on the big screen.

I played this game for 1-2 weeks straight, because I had that much fun. It didn't feel like "giving it a free pass"...

The assets aren't worse than re6...
I'm kinda serious here

Jawmuncher

Seriously.

While I definitely like the game especially as a Portable experience.
I do agree that some of the praise for it is a bit high. Seriously I beat the game and while I left it very enjoyed, liking plenty of things. I still felt that in the end everything all together it still wasn't in a league with RE4 or RE5.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
well so long as the 3ds gets revelatiottitototitoitonnnnnnns 2 in the works.

I may buy this for the 360 depends on what is added to the port, apart from hd upscale

RPGCrazied

Wat? I could see it though. This game on the 3DS is very pretty. Never seen an almost jaggie free game on the system before. Looks like a PS2 game. Very nice indeed, so it wouldn't be that hard to port it over to consoles. Hell, I'd double dip just for the trophies.

nikatapi

It's a great game so it's good if more people are able to enjoy it.
It would be awesome if it came out on all platforms, i would buy it again for the PC with improved visuals and 3D support.
A WiiU version would be also good, with the gamepad replicating both the touch screen features of the 3DS and the gyro stuff.

haikira

Very happy about this, if it's true. Recently sold my 3DS when things were tight and i've been really missing Mario Land 3DS and Resident Evil Revelations. So this'll make things 50% better for me.

Top Bottom