• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvB

Looking forward to them showing Crackdown multiplayer, so everyone can shut up about it, or perhaps just freak out in a different way?

blakep267

Honestly I'm just expecting

- recore definitive edition(better be more than just the corebot and extra area. And if that's all it better only be $20 with a free upgrade
- Crackdown mulitiplaysr
- Pubg on console( with a date)
- Xbox x pre-orders and other bundles

As for the format it's probably just Aden bringing people onto the stage. And we'll probably get some videos on the Xbox YouTube page

Luckydog

Honestly I'm just expecting

- recore definitive edition(better be more than just the corebot and extra area. And if that's all it better only be $20 with a free upgrade
- Crackdown mulitiplaysr
- Pubg on console( with a date)
- Xbox x pre-orders and other bundles

As for the format it's probably just Aden bringing people onto the stage. And we'll probably get some videos on the Xbox YouTube page

prepare to be disappointed. I have ZERO inside info, but I do not expect crackdown multi to be there.

Raide

At least we should have some Monster Hunter World gameplay right? Would love to see what they plan for X. Hopefully more than just a better resolution.

Luckydog

Why not? Sure, they could show it on their own time later but the game launches in ~2.5 months.

Agreed, but 3 things make me think this way:

1. E3 was a much bigger showcase for a feature that they seriously hyped and then went dark on. Doesn't give good vibes.

2. My understanding was CD1 and 2 had limited to no release in Germany so its not a great audience to show at.

3. This isnt even a major press conference, so if they do show it, it seems more like throwing it out to die than giving it a major push.

Agreed, but 3 things make me think this way:

1. E3 was a much bigger showcase for a feature that they seriously hyped and then went dark on. Doesn't give good vibes.

2. My understanding was CD1 and 2 had limited to no release in Germany so its not a great audience to show at.

3. This isnt even a major press conference, so if they do show it, it seems more like throwing it out to die than giving it a major push.
I see what you're saying. It may have been possible that MP wasn't ready to be shown in June and they needed that extra bit of time to get it right. I do think the MP won't be as grand as we may have initially thought though. I'm thinking it is just a standard MP at this point. Even if that is the case, they may as well just get it over with and reveal it.

Theorry

Their 'excuse" was that they wanted to show SP at E3 because they didnt show anything of it yet. Seems fair. If its the real reason we dont know.

Theorry

I would think that would be the latest it could be shown if they were to keep their schedule of a 2018 release. The game will still need a beta early on.

You think? I mean with Halo 5 i get it needed a early beta with the big changes. But dont think thats really needed for Halo 6. If they keep it the same. Wich is likely.

Blam

You think? I mean with Halo 5 i get it needed a early beta with the big changes. But dont think thats really needed for Halo 6. If they keep it the same. Wich is likely.

Well splitscreen is gonna be a definite beta feature so they will need it.

AYF 001

From the way 343i has talked about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 6 missed the 3-year cadence that they have had of late. I'm thinking that Halo 6 might be a 2019 game.

I think Steve Downes and Jen Taylor are part of the voice actor strike, so it'd make sense to hold off on the next mainline title. If it means other ideas get a chance in the meanwhile, I don't mind.

Theorry

Well splitscreen is gonna be a definite beta feature so they will need it.

Hmm dont think they need a beta for that really. For Halo 5 we got a beta because they needed feedback on the big gameplay changes.
I am sure we still get a beta. MS tends to do that. But i think its not gonna be a year early beta.

Blam

Hmm dont think they need a beta for that really. For Halo 5 we got a beta because they needed feedback on the big gameplay changes.
I am sure we still get a beta. MS tends to do that. But i think its not gonna be a year early beta.

Obviously not a public one lol. VMC is most definitely getting a Halo 6 MP Test set. I know this will happen.

GTSweet

Neo Member

I didn't think about it this way, but you're completely right. If they are keeping the new Halo 5 multiplayer core mechanics mostly in tact(which they should) they don't need as early a beta as they did with H5. Improve and retool the mostly great H5 multiplayer with what you've learned over 2 years of feedback with the graphical standard of whatever H6 is.

Maybe a late Spring or early summer beta instead of a winter beta?

jelly

They haven't patched MCC for over two years (it's still very buggy), i don't think there will be any patch ever again at this point

It needed 2 years to fix, upgrade and add Reach.

tumblr_n7ft4cOloa1riec8co4_500.gif

Believe.

If their "news" about Xbox One X this weekend doesn't include pre-order information, I'll have no idea what the fuck they're doing with this console.

But Phil said soon......

I seriously hope that it's at GC. If it's not, my wife might decide to spend the money I put aside on something far more practical.

Bsigg12

They need a few more months for the Halo 5 and Halo MCC mega Xbox One/X update and right.....right? :(

Letitgo.gif

I wouldn't expect anything about Halo other than Halo Wars 2 DLC info and maybe a preview of Halo 5 on the Xbox One X.

Theorry

I didn't think about it this way, but you're completely right. If they are keeping the new Halo 5 multiplayer core mechanics mostly in tact(which they should) they don't need as early a beta as they did with H5. Improve and retool the mostly great H5 multiplayer with what you've learned over 2 years of feedback with the graphical standard of whatever H6 is.

Maybe a late Spring or early summer beta instead of a winter beta?

Something about april like Gears makes sense.

blakep267

I would think that would be the latest it could be shown if they were to keep their schedule of a 2018 release. The game will still need a beta early on.
I don't think an early beta is needed. Halo5 was a departure from 4 and coming off of MCC. If halo 6 just builds upon halo 5, I doubt a massive beta would be needed. The infrastructure is already in place. You'd just need a summer beta for tweaking guns etc

But Phil said soon......

I seriously hope that it's at GC. If it's not, my wife might decide to spend the money I put aside on something far more practical.

To be fair, Gamescom fits the idea of news coming "soon". We're just all interested in instant gratification and think "soon" should mean "today or tomorrow".

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
To be fair, Gamescom fits the idea of news coming "soon". We're just all interested in instant gratification and think "soon" should mean "today or tomorrow".

soon
so͞on/Submit
adverb
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informalpronto, in a jiffy; dateddirectly, anon
"we'll be there soon"

Does nearly a month fit this definition?.. I mean.. it does.. but.. y'know.

soon
so͞on/Submit
adverb
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informalpronto, in a jiffy; dateddirectly, anon
"we'll be there soon"

Does nearly a month fit this definition?.. I mean.. it does.. but.. y'know.

Yep! Once again, that just kind of lines up with the need for instant gratification. "Soon" can be just about any length of time. We're the ones who decided that it meant within days/weeks in this case.

I wonder if we'll get a PUBG for Xbox Game Preview release date. I would really like to check it out.

Crackdown, Forza, Assassin's Creed, Battlefront etc and all I want to know is when this is hitting Game Preview. This could blow up huge towards the end of the year for Xbox.

Darklor01

Yep! Once again, that just kind of lines up with the need for instant gratification. "Soon" can be just about any length of time. We're the ones who decided that it meant within days/weeks in this case.

You're not wrong. Obviously. A month isn't really instant gratification though. A week.. meh, K... Two .. pushing it.. a month? Pheh.

The only time I don't react like that to "Soon" is in a movie trailer where coming soon is like 4+ months out. I'm like.. whatever.

I really don't get this Crackdown MP stuff to be honest. Wasn't it a few years ago that they said the MP portion was finished and that they started working on the SP? I seriously wouldn't understand if they end up delaying the MP then and only release Crackdown as SP first.

But if not at GC, yeah I guess it's time we start worrying.

You're not wrong. Obviously. A month isn't really instant gratification though. A week.. meh, K... Two .. pushing it.. a month? Pheh.

The only time I don't react like that to "Soon" is in a movie trailer where coming soon is like 4+ months out. I'm like.. whatever.

That he said "soon" in relation to a period of time that spans over a month definitely isn't "instant gratification", nor did I mean to imply that it was. My comment was in relation to our own expectations. Wanting pre-orders to go live a day or two after Phil said "soon" fits that idea.

Either way, we should get pre-order news "soon"! ; )

I really don't get this Crackdown MP stuff to be honest. Wasn't it a few years ago that they said the MP portion was finished and that they started working on the SP? I seriously wouldn't understand if they end up delaying the MP then and only release Crackdown as SP first.

But if not at GC, yeah I guess it's time we start worrying.

Yeah... I really don't understand the concern there. It seems like gaming communities are really quick to jump to conclusions about things. The recent debacle about Shadow of War being "always online" as a single player game comes to mind. There was a similar conversation when the box art for Lego City on Switch had a tag saying "online required". I'll believe that the MP mode for Crackdown 3 is there and functioning as they last showed it until they say or show otherwise.

Stop by the Atari booth and play Tempest 4000 (formerly TxK enhanced). If you beat Jeff's high score Llamasoft will send you a prize.

Darklor01

That he said "soon" in relation to a period of time that spans over a month definitely isn't "instant gratification", nor did I mean to imply that it was. My comment was in relation to our own expectations. Wanting pre-orders to go live a day or two after Phil said "soon" fits that idea.

True enough :D Don't mind me, perhaps I'm getting old and like to yell at clouds.

Yeah... I really don't understand the concern there. It seems like gaming communities are really quick to jump to conclusions about things. The recent debacle about Shadow of War being "always online" as a single player game comes to mind. There was a similar conversation when the box art for Lego City on Switch had a tag saying "online required". I'll believe that the MP mode for Crackdown 3 is there and functioning as they last showed it until they say or show otherwise.

Yeah exactly. So let's just hope we finally see what it looks like during Gamescom. Because I don't know many other events where they can show it. I doubt they'll just release some footage online of it. It needs some proper marketing.

Right now I'm playing Red Faction Armageddon and man that destruction is still damn nice. I would at least expect something on par with that in Crackdown MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom