• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7, GT Sport, Project Cars 2. What are the biggest differences?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This the new racing game / console warrior thread then?

Pcars2 >>>>>>> fm7 >>> gts

Grassy

GTS will easily outsell PC2 and FM7, dare I say both combined.

Reviews though..

I'm not so sure this time around. GT6 is by far the lowest selling mainline GT game at just over 5 million, the drop-off from GT5's ~12 million sales is huge. GT Sport seems to have even less hype and general interest surrounding it than GT6. A lot of people seemed to be turned off by the fact it isn't GT7 and there's still a lot of confusion about the single-player content.

Of course the PS4 has been starved of exclusive racing games and the GT brand for the last 4 years, so that should help it along with the 70+ million PS4 install base.

I could definitely see it "only" doing 3-4 million, which would put it close to potential PCars 2 and Forza 7 combined numbers.

Lol at the sales talk. Why does anyone care?

Extra cars and tracks will be coming with DLC, and while it's not the best situation, it's how it is with some games these days.

If you don't like it, you have other options in Forza or PC 2. GT Sport will still be a solid game, even if it's not for you. Me I'm gonna enjoy all 3 for different reasons, I don't need to limit myself to just one of them.

I'll be buying an inevitable used copy. They starve us for GT, I'm not going to not buy it.

I'm not so sure this time around. GT6 is by far the lowest selling mainline GT game at just over 5 million, the drop-off from GT5's ~12 million sales is huge. GT Sport seems to have even less hype and general interest surrounding it than GT6. A lot of people seemed to be turned off by the fact it isn't GT7 and there's still a lot of confusion about the single-player content.

Of course the PS4 has been starved of exclusive racing games and the GT brand for the last 4 years, so that should help it along with the 70+ million PS4 install base.

I could definitely see it "only" doing 3-4 million, which would put it close to potential PCars 2 and Forza 7 combined numbers.

Bahahahaha. This is Gran Turismo.

jabuseika

GT Sport, better driving physics, better lighting, better car models, smaller game.

Project Cars 2, more authenticity, more tracks, good sim.

Forza 7, less sim, more everything, bigger game.

GT Sport will sell 10mil.
Forza 7, 3-4 mil combined.
Project Cars 2, 2 mil combined.

bombshell

If only there was a reason for the "low" sales of GT6, comparatively speaking. The reason being it was stupidly released on PS3 after the PS4 had released. It still managing 5 million in sales with such a hurdle means that you're grossly underestimating what the first GT on PS4 will sell.

Bahahahaha. This is Gran Turismo.

I mean, it says the words on the box, but it's not the same kind of game as the six GTs before it. I have no doubt it'll sell well on the name alone, and because PS4 owners have been waiting four years for a GT, but the online racing focus, lacking content and barebones singleplayer are going to alienate a chunk of the fanbase.

If only there was a reason for the "low" sales of GT6, comparatively speaking. The reason being it was stupidly released on PS3 after the PS4 had released. It still managing 5 million in sales with such a hurdle means that you're grossly underestimating what the first GT on PS4 will sell.

My personal take and readons for GT6 relative low sales,

1) because it was GT5 extended, just like GT4 and GT2.
2) PS3 didn't help, not the mass market console like PS2
3) GT5 and 6 had dodgy performance, the tech didn't evolve GT, it didn't deliver
4) GT5/6 was too bloated, ancient game design, but since everyone in this thread feels a 'çareer' mode is something awesome I'm not really the person to speak about this
5) GT5/6 had dodgy online racing, they started that with the title, it didn't really deliver.

Kaz can't make the same mistakes a second time.

I mean, it says the words on the box, but it's not the same kind of game as the six GTs before it. I have no doubt it'll sell well on the name alone, and because PS4 owners have been waiting four years for a GT, but the online racing focus, lacking content and barebones singleplayer are going to alienate a chunk of the fanbase.

And if it's good it is going to bring a chunk of new.

Forza 7 = tons of semi-sim content for that spice of life feel.

Project Cars 2 = Game meant to be played with a wheel and focusing on an authentic adrenaline pumping experience.

GT Sport = that nostalgic sim-cade experience and feel that only Polyphony Digital can provide.

All have different strengths when it comes to graphics and sound.

xrnzaaas

I keep reading Forza will be the overall better package. Can anybody elaborate?

Forza has lots of cars & tracks, huge singleplayer campaign, online modes, can be played as an arcade racer or an arcadesim. So yes it may seem like a complete package. It's not the best choice is you want photorealistic graphics (GTS covers that) or a proper simulator (pCARS 2 covers that).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No update after the beta. But it already looks better than the other two. So no need for the graphic update.

Mate no just no.

I think F7 is the better game(Not looking for a hard sim racer(...but pCars 2 looks insane.
You are forgetting that pCars 2 and Forza 7 are coming to PC as well.

Im sure Gamersyde has some good captures of pCars 2, download a high bitrate video of it and then look at GTS....
In the graphical war pCars 2 has got this on lock.
I havent seen the 1X version of the game but devs said the 1X version will trounce the Pro version....and the PC version will trounce both assuming youve got the horsepower to push it.

Fredrik

You think so? This game really doesn't stack up to earlier entries as far as content goes. I can't imagine that many people going apeshit over this shell of a game.
The racing thirst is real, PS4 has been awful for racing fans, GTS will slaughter the other games when it comes to sales, no doubt about it.

Lom1lo

Forza has lots of cars & tracks, huge singleplayer campaign, online modes, can be played as an arcade racer or an arcadesim. So yes it may seem like a complete package. It's not the best choice is you want photorealistic graphics (GTS covers that) or a proper simulator (pCARS 2 covers that).

From what we have seen forza 7 looks better than gts (graphically) imo. GTS just needs a bit free dlc and the content problems are solved. I would wait for a roadmap before judging this game based on the content.

jabuseika

You think so? This game really doesn't stack up to earlier entries as far as content goes. I can't imagine that many people going apeshit over this shell of a game.

It has been literally the driest season for sim racing games on the PS4.

People are thirsty.

I know a few friends that are buying PS4s for GT Sport.

Combined that with, the first GT release on a PS console on both PS2 and PS3, did over 10 mil each. And the amazing install base of the PS4.

xrnzaaas

From what we have seen forza 7 looks better than gts (graphically) imo. GTS just needs a bit free dlc and the content problems are solved. I would wait for a roadmap before judging this game based on the content.

Depends on what you look at I think. The car models are more detailed in GTS and the lightning looks spectacular, but they didn't show any weather effects yet and in most of the clips they focus on displaying races taking place in smaller packs (Forza 7 should support 24 car grids without any framedrops).

cyen

Every single e3 impression I have seen has said for A 7 looks better than GT. Do people have different impressions from e3?

From seeing the HDR videos of F7 and playing the latest beta that was available for GT for me F7 is the superior game in terms of visuals.

fresquito

It's a complete package, indeed.

PC2 has less car count, but more car variety. More tracks, more varied and far more track conditions. Career mode spawning 29 difrent disciplines with their own ruleset. Multiclass racing, super configurable Quick Race and Practice, Time Trial and Community Events, regulated online play through Driver Licence, Online Championships, Broadcaster options, VR... I honestly don't see how Forza is a more complete package.

Come on bruh, the changes of that happening are 0. I don't know about which of the three games will be of the highest quality, GT Sport is disappointing me big time content wise but the gameplay and features were solid as fuck.

But sales wise will never be a comparison. Even when PS3 and 360 has similar sales, GT was well ahead sales wise. GT6 is also a very bad example because PD fucked up something fierce by releasing the game on PS3 after PS4 released. Still no clue why they did not do a cross generation release, idiots. First GT I skipped. GT Sport will outsell both other combined with some ease, as others have mentioned in the GT thread that is why Yamauchi will never be told to fuck up.

Lol at the sales talk. Why does anyone care?

Whats more important having a good game or having fodder for your message board fights?

Game/Set/Match

It really is the stupidest thing to bring up. Last year we had BF1, COD IW and TF2. TF2 sold the worst but it was the most fun Ive had with a FPS in years. If you have to bring up sales when talking about the merits of a game you've already lost because you're not arguing any of the games merits.

fresquito

Whats more important having a good game or having fodder for your message board fights?

Game/Set/Match

It really is the stupidest thing to bring up. Last year we had BF1, COD IW and TF2. TF2 sold the worst but it was the most fun Ive had with a FPS in years. If you have to bring up sales when talking about the merits of a game you've already lost because you're not arguing any of the games merits.
Well, in the case of an online focused game, sales are indeed important. The more people playing, the easier to find someone of your level. I don't think the original poster was thinking about this when he began talking about sales, though.

It's a complete package, indeed.

PC2 has less car count, but more car variety. More tracks, more varied and far more track conditions. Career mode spawning 29 difrent disciplines with their own ruleset. Multiclass racing, super configurable Quick Race and Practice, Time Trial and Community Events, regulated online play through Driver Licence, Online Championships, Broadcaster options, VR... I honestly don't see how Forza is a more complete package.

Some of these points are debatable, and Forza also offers many of the features you listed. To the average fan I cant see why that statement gets you so rilled up.

Well, in the case of an online focused game, sales are indeed important. The more people playing, the easier to find someone of your level. I don't think the original poster was thinking about this when he began talking about sales, though.

None of these games are going to be starving for an audience.

fresquito

Some of these points are debatable, and Forza also offers many of the features you listed. To the average fan I cant see why that statement gets you so rilled up.
Debate them, then.

I'm not rilled up, not at all. I just find odd people stating this as fact. It's like the GTS has better graphics statement. No argument behind, just a cold truth.

Debate them, then.

I'm not rilled up, not at all. I just find odd people stating this as fact. It's like the GTS has better graphics statement. No argument behind, just a cold truth.

For one I dont agree with your statement on car variety being better in PC2.

And your breakdown of the features like customizable quick races, time trials, and community events already exist in Forza.

If im not mistaken they are also introducing a new system to sort out online races, not as deep as what PC2 is probably doing, but its something FM6 didnt have.

And as much PC2 has improved from 1 there is no way I can see th UI being more accessible then FM7s. PC will have the ability to fine tune way more than FM but the average fan probably wont be able to wrap their head around it because it will be buried in menus, where Forza will offer them a more guided experience. It wont be the better simulator but it will be the better game IMO.

And whatever my qualms with GT they will have the prettiest replays
not that I give a flying fuck since the actual in game graphics dont look anywhere near as good

Also I have almost no faith SMS will deliver a bug free game at launch. I will wait at least a month and hear positive WOM before jumping in.

Aside from the cheating AI in career mode (they wouldnt pit and still won) Ill never recover from the time I pitted in the lead, pulled out of pit lane only to discover my car had no tires on the wheels. I just sat there in my rig for 5min contemplating how this game came into being.

Mascot

They are all games.

It doesn't matter how expensive a cockpit you build, whether you wear a nomex suit and helmet, they are all three video games.

Well done on deliberately missing the point. I'd expect nothing less.

I think what the poster was trying to say is that racing in VR is way more immersive and can feel quite "real". Way more than say playing on a screen which feels like a "game".

This guy gets it.

Also I have almost no faith SMS will deliver a bug free game at launch. I will wait at least a month and hear positive WOM before jumping in.

I agree. Was a backer on Pcars and it felt like lots of really obvious stuff got through to launch. The big one being obviously the awful default controller handling which must have put lots of people off.

Also compare the attitude of Ian Bell to the way Forza engages with players.

Arklite

GT Sport needs a big heads up. Limited roster, limited tracks, and a heavy online focus. Anyone looking for another solitary "car RPG" won't find it in Sport. It might end up being one of the best and most competitive online racers, but that's a big maybe considering GT5/6 netcode. PCars seems to have some early access reputation, while Forza seems like the safest sequel.

fresquito

For one I dont agree with your statement on car variety being better in PC2.

And your breakdown of the features like customizable quick races, time trials, and community events already exist in Forza.

If im not mistaken they are also introducing a new system to sort out online races, not as deep as what PC2 is probably doing, but its something FM6 didnt have.

And as much PC2 has improved from 1 there is no way I can see th UI being more accessible then FM7s. PC will have the ability to fine tune way more than FM but the average fan probably wont be able to wrap their head around it because it will be buried in menus, where Forza will offer them a more guided experience. It wont be the better simulator but it will be the better game IMO.

And whatever my qualms with GT they will have the prettiest replays
not that I give a flying fuck since the actual in game graphics dont look anywhere near as good
I think the car variety is wider because it sports cars from so many different disciplines and times. What's more varied, 20 touring cars or 7 touring cars and 3 vintage oval open wheelers? Half the cars, but more varied, IMO.

I was not trying to argue about what features PC2 has that Forza hasn't. I was just listing game modes and features that came to my mind. That said, Quick Race depth can't be really compared between the two games, given the huge array of options PC2 has. Snowy Nords with an open wheeler in a blizzard at dusk? Crazy, right? But you can, if that's your thing.

You are just speculating about the GUI. PC2 has a great GUI. Hard to believe, coming from the indescriptibly terrible GUI PC1 one had, but it's a 180º turnaround. I don't know how it compares to F7 GUI because I haven't played that myself.

And yeah, GT replays are really a sight to behold.

I think the car variety is wider because it sports cars from so many different disciplines and times. What's more varied, 20 touring cars or 7 touring cars and 3 vintage oval open wheelers? Half the cars, but more varied, IMO.

I was not trying to argue about what features PC2 has that Forza hasn't. I was just listing game modes and features that came to my mind. That said, Quick Race depth can't be really compared between the two games, given the huge array of options PC2 has. Snowy Nords with an open wheeler in a blizzard at dusk? Crazy, right? But you can, if that's your thing.

You are just speculating about the GUI. PC2 has a great GUI. Hard to believe, coming from the indescriptibly terrible GUI PC1 one had, but it's a 180º turnaround. I don't know how it compares to F7 GUI because I haven't played that myself.

And yeah, GT replays are really a sight to behold.

Since Forza 3 the UIs have been the best in the industry IMO.

And I still dont see how you can claim the variety in PC2 cars as more varied then FM7. FM isnt GT with 27 diffrent skylines.

Head.spawn

Stuttering, lots of it. Even after FH3's updates.

The Rio track is the biggest offender on FM6 Apex.
Here's a thread about it: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst62362_Rio-unplayable--Extreme-Lag.aspx
Yas Marina also had some problems.

And here is MaLDo's guide to minimize stutter on FH3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241234092&postcount=6051

How did the Forza Apex run for you though, that seemed like a bug, I wouldn't judge a whole game off of one part.

fresquito

Since Forza 3 the UIs have been the best in the industry IMO.

And I still dont see how you can claim the variety in PC2 cars as more varied then FM7. FM isnt GT with 27 diffrent skylines.
Because the disciplines are so different. Ovals, karts, RallyX on top of your regular disciplines. I just think the experience from car to car is more unique in PC2. But I'll agree it's debatable.

Mohasus

How did the Forza Apex run for you though, that seemed like a bug, I wouldn't judge a whole game off of one track.

Weirdly enough, it ran fine when I had an i5 3570k, but Rio is borderline unplayable with my i7 7700 build. Yas Marina has some annoying drops but they occur rarely.
The thing is, performance on Rio is known to be shitty, it hasn't been fixed and it doesn't look like it will.

Forza 7 on PC will be fine, but I wouldn't smooth locked 60 fps like on Xbox One.

Because the disciplines are so different. Ovals, karts, RallyX on top of your regular disciplines. I just think the experience from car to car is more unique in PC2. But I'll agree it's debatable.

Its just if you're going to go after FM for anything variety in the car list seems like a losing proposition. Many in the community go crazy when they anounce things like the racing truck, the limousine, the fall out car, or even the vintage race cars. Most are mad that that their 1990s JDM car of choice was left out.

Thats also leaving out the customization options which is way beyond what either of the other titles will offer.

Edit:
Also the livery editor, which is also there and better then what is offered in GTS.

Fredrik

Stuttering, lots of it. Even after FH3's updates.

The Rio track is the biggest offender on FM6 Apex.
Here's a thread about it: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst62362_Rio-unplayable--Extreme-Lag.aspx
Yas Marina also had some problems.

And here is MaLDo's guide to minimize stutter on FH3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241234092&postcount=6051
I'm running FH3 on three screens at 70-90fps without those tweaks. I have no worries what so ever about FM7 when it comes to performance on PC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm running FH3 on three screens at 70-90fps without those tweaks. I have no worries what so ever about FM7 when it comes to performance on PC.

I bought FH3 ultimate edition partly to get it early. It took months before it was working properly on PC. By then I’d finished the main campaign on Xbox so still haven’t really bothered with PC

With MS first party games on PC I’d definitely wait to see what impressions people have if you don’t also have an xbox

I bought FH3 ultimate edition partly to get it early. It took months before it was working properly on PC. By then I’d finished the main campaign on Xbox so still haven’t really bothered with PC

With MS first party games on PC I’d definitely wait to see what impressions people have if you don’t also have an xbox
I'm with you, same here and they promised multiple input support on PC, up to this day couldn't use my shifter on PC, BUT the Motorsport games are closed circuit, not open world and run very different, I'm sure FM7 will run great of you have a good cpu and at least 12 gigs of ram, was the same with Apex.
Personally I'll still skip this one without FOV options at least on PC and the way-behind-the-curve FFB also is a big issue for me.

Top Bottom