• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the hell are The Elder Scrolls 6 and Bloodborne 2?!?

We don't need a Bloodborne 2, and probably will never get one. Im perfectly fine on From working on new ideas. Sony could make it, but I doubt they want to considering From seems to be the only ones in the business willing to make the kind of game as well as being the only ones so far to make a great one.

I think Bethesda is waiting for PS5 and the nextbox. Current hardware is already limiting for their 'skill level', and they aren't only going to release on PC.

I expect PS5 and Nextbox announcement on E3 with the game being part of the release/first year announcement titles. I can only imagine they've already done

Elder Scrolls is probably a thought in the back of Bethesda's collective mind and Bloodborne II was never promised and shouldn't be expected. If it comes, cool. If it doesn't, I hope FROM has something equally great on the horizon.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Bethesda has two major projects that will launch before ES6, and Howard also said that his plan for ES6 is not possible on current-gen hardware. It'll be a while, sadly.

They need more brute force power so they can use gamebryo again.

120v

elder scrolls 6 isn't coming this gen

you can cry about it but ask yourself: do you really want ES6 running on Fallout 4's engine?

I'm hoping FROM doesn't make a Bloodborne 2 (at least right away), and instead work on something new. I haven't really been a huge fan of their direct sequels as of late.

I'm sure TES:6 is something they're working on, but it takes a while to make something of that scale. I just hope they ditch the radiant quests (outside of post guild content), bring back interesting spells, and make the quests interesting again. There were so few memorable quests in Skyrim (or at least quests that I have fond memories of).

Is there any rumours on when Bethesda is going to go public with that Starfield game? I seem to remember that people thought they were gonna use last E3 for it

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, there are two different answers here.

1.) Skyrim was made by the same people (as in literally the same staff members) who made Fallout 4, so there was no one available to make the game before. Bethesda is now a two team studio (as far as non-mobile games go), but one of their games is a new IP in the vein of Elder Scrolls/Fallout, and the other is some kind of online service game, so it will probably be another 2-3 years before they even start developing The Elder Scrolls 6.

2.) I'm not sure From Software is actually making their next dark fantasy game with Sony, and they've implied it's a new brand, so I'm not sure we will ever actually see a Bloodborne 2 the same way we never saw a Demon's Souls 2. Also, Dark Souls sold better than Bloodborne (the first game is more like 5-6 million copies, and the third is by far the fastest selling Souls game ever), so that's why there was more incentive to make sequels there.

SugarDave

Bethesda moved onto development for Fallout 4 which took 4 years and it hasn't even been two years since that was released, not to mention there's no rush for them to release VI since milking Skyrim has worked wonders for them.

It's only been two years since Bloodborne as well, so even if a sequel is something that happens, not enough time has passed to warrant a "where the hell is it?!"

Chill, dude.

kikiribu

Bloodborne was damn near perfect and I hope From doesn't make a sequel and makes another new IP instead.
Doesn't have to be a sequel though. If you read the item descriptions during load screens, you'll sometimes see references being made to characters that didn't appear. Even a story that focuses more on Cainhurst would be very interesting as they became instant fan favorites in the community. They have a lot to work with.

TES4: Oblivion has been released in 2006 so there was a 5 years of pause between TES4 and TES5.

Will we have to wait 10 years after TES5 for TES6?

Taker34

Banned
TES4: Oblivion has been released in 2006 so there was a 5 years of pause between TES4 and TES5.

There will be 2 new game releases by Bethesda Softworks before they Beginn full production of TES VI. Both games will have the same scope or even bigger than their previous titles.

Please forget the roughly 5 year development TES / Fallout cycle. We won't see TES VI for a long time. You can roughly estimate that the next TES is about 10 years away from now which means 2025-2027 at best. Plus the studio hardly expanded which means they currently have a few more than 100 employees.

You better start looking towards ESO which is such a great MMO and will definitely keep me personally entertained as long as the servers will be up.

Stevey

Skyrim is the default RPG to buy when you buy a new PS4/ Xbox One. It is the de facto GTA5 of RPG genre.

No.
How high are you?
UkBdxjg.jpg

120v

yes because that generation of hardware was ridiculously overpowered. and even then skyrim on consoles was supported by duct tape and guerrilla glue

unless your expectations of ES6 are very tapered you need to keep in mind the baseline hardware in this case would be 2013 minimum required specs

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I have them both. They're really great. It's going to be worth the wait. Try not to die within the next 10 years.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
ESO 6 is coming but just not any time soon. They are too busy rereleasing Skyrim...I've lost count how many versions there are of it. Hopefully they are spending this time working on a new engine to release it on.

Bloodborne 2...who knows if it'll ever happen. I think Sony/From would be stupid not to do it.

If I could pick 2 it'd be Bloodborne. I enjoyed Skyrim but Bloodborne is just brilliant.

No.
How high are you?
UkBdxjg.jpg
Not as high as you it seems. Divinity lol.

MouldyK

Here's a tidbit as to how crazy Elder Scrolls' ambition can get. Paraphrasing from an old EDGE feature article that was released a long time before Skyrim manifested. My point with this quote is that Elder Scrolls makers always try to trump the previous games. In their eyes, Skyrim has to be a bit of a letdown in places. They will take their sweet time.

You sure that ain't a Molyneux Quote?

Bloodborne doesn't have CG cutscenes unless you're talking about the game's intro cinematic at title screen?

There's several scenes that look way better than the actual game.
The scene when entering cathedral ward for the first time, and after
waking up
from being
kidnapped

Right after that cutscene that games definitely doesn't stay on course for the same quality.

OP, Bloodborne 2 is being ported to Xbox X, and Elders Scrolls 6 X1X Exclusive...........just kid..but imagine this going down, O.M.G..WW3 in the making.

Bear

So you're saying Skyrim is the better RPG over Divinity?

YMqQkze.jpg

Nobody said anything about quality. The "default" RPG is the mainstream hit that most people end up buying so bringing up a comparatively niche game like Divinity is just bizarre.

Skyrim is among the best selling games of all time, Divinity is nowhere close.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So you're saying Skyrim is the better RPG over Divinity?

YMqQkze.jpg

That's not the claim being made. Regardless of being better or not, Skyrim is the most widely recognized and generally popular RPG of today. That's what makes it the default RPG.

Top Bottom