• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Prinny

Nooo! My own banana defeated me in piranha plant slide :(

Edit: That don't look like someone from GAF... I hope he won't spam Maka Wuhu.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but i didn't play mk7 today.

Damn, so that was a totally innocent and well behaved new community member that I probably chased away forever :(

I feel pretty terrible now, hopefully whoever it was lurks here and will see that I wasn't being serious.

Prinny

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but i didn't play mk7 today.
I looked at the recent opponents list and I see it's you. Or someone else using your 3DS/MK.

Or ffdgh thought I was being serious when I was item spamming him and hates me now :'(

Sometimes I think we play around too much...

Edit: I just checked my profile and my new title is "Model Driver"... Ironnnnnnyyyy.
Oh, so you were the one spamming items, not him. I always knew your heart was made of pure evil!

Wolfe

The GAF MK community is completly dead... It looks like this is the end :'(

Yeah I kind of burnt myself out getting my gold kart in WW so I didn't jump into the Gaf community right away and now there's not much point :(

Plus I've been playing a ton of RE:R...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I know I'm slow, but I finally triple starred all the cups. Luigi boosted himself off SNES Rainbow Road on the final turn, and I pulled ahead and won.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
What happened, thrown across the room after a Prinny tail?

I must get home too late for westerners and go to bed too early for easterners because I seem to miss everyone these days :(

Hah, thankfully not. But with Kid Icarus coming out so soon and that multiplayer lookin' so good I figured I should get the loose hinge and squeaky battery cover fixed asap.

I didn't think the mk7 community activity would hit 50cc and below while I was out...

Hah, thankfully not. But with Kid Icarus coming out so soon and that multiplayer lookin' so good I figured I should get the loose hinge and squeaky battery cover fixed asap.

I didn't think the mk7 community activity would hit 50cc and below while I was out...

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed by how badly the community fell apart. I don't want to blame it completely on the move of the thread off the gaming side but that had an impact.

All the good games this spring hasn't helped much either. Maybe if the game doesn't hit DS/Wii numbers Nintendo will re-think how the can keep the series more active with updates and DLC items. MK Wii seemed way better with the monthly tournaments and so on.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
All the good games this spring hasn't helped much either. Maybe if the game doesn't hit DS/Wii numbers Nintendo will re-think how the can keep the series more active with updates and DLC items. MK Wii seemed way better with the monthly tournaments and so on.

right. I mean, it's strange since they've got a lot of new avenues to pimp out tournaments with communities and the mario kart channel but so far, it's all been just for time trials and the odd "recommended community" bump every now and then.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Can anybody explain me what the fuck do glaciers have to do with Rosalina?

Finally unlocked all the characters; only have Mirror Mode to do now. Should I bother triple-starring all the cups?

Prinny

Can anybody explain me what the fuck do glaciers have to do with Rosalina?
It's because her heart is as cold (and evil) as mine!

Finally unlocked all the characters; only have Mirror Mode to do now. Should I bother triple-starring all the cups?
You need at least 1 star in each cup (every cc + mirror) if you want to unlock the Golden Wheels, getting 3 stars only add 3 stars next to your name (useless).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You need at least 1 star in each cup (every cc + mirror) if you want to unlock the Golden Wheels, getting 3 stars only add 3 stars next to your name (useless).

Bu.. bu.. three stars. Everyone wants to join the club.

To be fair, triple starring all cups in this game is much easier and forgiving than the Wii version. On Mario Kart Wii, if you were hit by more than a couple of items, or went off the edge once, it was game over regardless of where you placed. 7 seems to judge overall time and place too, but the overall time factor seems much less cruel.

Prinny

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed by how badly the community fell apart. I don't want to blame it completely on the move of the thread off the gaming side but that had an impact.

Total number of posts for the two days before it was moved: Around 250.
Total number of posts for the two days after it was moved: Around 40.
Then the next two days: Around 15.

:(

I'm hoping that Uprising doesn't follow the same fate. After all, there's a ton of more unlocks
than Mario Kart that give it more of a chance. It's just sad since Mario Kart is something you
play the whole length of the handheld/console usually.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you want people to keep more than a casual interest in a game like Mario Kart, that does not offer a lot of variety over the long haul, you need entice them. Organize a GAF tournament for instance.

Top Bottom