• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
AceBandage said:
It's coming out in February, so it's doubtful it'll have wand support.
They can always patch it in later. That is what is great about the HD games, they can fix or add it later, even after release.

Jonnyram

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
DUO 360 seems to be based on Version 1 of the arcade game, since Ernula and Sakurako aren't listed as being playable :(
No doubt later versions will come as DLC - they are probably following the Cave way.

Mega Mike

Banned
Ok, just saw the scans. The game may go down as one of the worst looking games on the HD consoles.

You would think they would at least polish it!

Meesh

EvilMario said:
Now when NMH doesn't sell, Suda51 can blame the PS360 userbase. Nice.
The solution is obvious, Wii=light gun games/FPSword play, PS360=graphically whoregasmic eye bleeding bliss. He's got everything mixed up :)

cvxfreak

Wow, the first two months of 2010 filled with Biohazard goodness for Japan. Haven't seen this since the PSone/Dreamcast days. :)

Threi

notag
stop worrying about how the game looks ffs

It's NMH, not those other shooters that people love to fawn over. What is important is how they will replace the waggle, and what the new modes add to the game.

Balb

Jonnyram said:
Aren't the Phoenix Wright ports slightly pointless?
Are there really people who bought a Wii that don't own a DS?

The print run for the PW games weren't very big to begin with, and there are always people looking to get into the series.

WickedLaharl said:
i've never played NMH. i wonder if i should wait for this port or pick up for wii on the cheap now.

is it even any good?

It's a love/hate game.
I personally loved it.
Also, why not just get the Wii version now? It's cheaper and you won't be waiting forever.

WickedLaharl said:
i've never played NMH. i wonder if i should wait for this port or pick up for wii on the cheap now.

is it even any good?

I can't judge the game itself (never played it), but the game's $20 pretty much everywhere. The port's 5,800 yen, that's probably going to become $40 in NA.

Your choice. :)

markatisu

People in Japan did not pick up the game the first time, not sure what putting a version on the HD system will do.

More fans for NMH the better though, just seems like an odd one to try to put over. I would have thought Muramasa would have higher sales potential on the PS3.

markatisu said:
People in Japan did not pick up the game the first time, not sure what putting a version on the HD system will do.

More fans for NMH the better though, just seems like an odd one to try to put over. I would have thought Muramasa would have higher sales potential on the PS3.

In the case of Muramasa, wouldn't they have to redo it from the ground up? Yes they already have high-res assets, but as I've seen in the Wii 720p thread, the game looks blurry when it tried to be in 720p/1080p, I'm not sure if the results would be better in an actual port though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
WickedLaharl said:

is it even any good?

It's awesome. If you already have a Wii, get the Wii version on the cheap right now.

Mega Mike

Banned
WickedLaharl said:

is it even any good?
I would give a solid 7.5.

The real reason to play is for the unique control styles and unique boss battles. What to say about the story...Its not good, nor bad...The game doesn't really need to most in depth story. Oh yea, the over world is turrible, and your motorcycle may get stuck in corners and thats always a pain to get out of :p.

A similar type of game, Madworld, maybe worth the romp over NMH.

Threi

notag
Hero of Legend said:
In the case of Muramasa, wouldn't they have to redo it from the ground up? Yes they already have high-res assets, but as I've seen in the Wii 720p thread, the game looks blurry when it tried to be in 720p/1080p, I'm not sure if the results would be better in an actual port though.
Like I said before out of all the MMV games I think Muramasa and Arc Rise Fantasia make the most sense to port to PS3 and 360. They don't really make much use of the Wii's strengths so there isn't anything that can be potentially lost in the process.

markatisu

Hero of Legend said:

I suppose, I am just saying that the NMH will not instantly get better now that its available on the PS3 and 360, so I do not see the appeal in releasing it.

If they could populate the overworld then that would be something, but even being the massive NMH fan I am (I went through the game 3 times when it came out) I would be really hesistant to get this release for just higher resolution. Especially when the sequel is coming out in a few months.
Like I said before out of all the MMV games I think Muramasa and Arc Rise Fantasia make the most sense to port to PS3 and 360. They don't really make much use of the Wii's strengths so there isn't anything that can be potentially lost in the process.

Exactly, Arc Rise Fantasia especially given the fact the PS3 and 360 have seen many more RPG's and would have an easier base to sell to.

Shit, just saw the NMH stuff. I will fucking import that game day one, thank god PS3 is region free. Hopefully it will do better than the Wii version did.

markatisu

darkressurection said:
Shit, just saw the NMH stuff. I will fucking import that game day one, thank god PS3 is region free. Hopefully it will do better than the Wii version did.

The scans I saw do not really look much better, it will be nice to see it in HD though if its anywhere close to the HD Wii Emulated pics.

One question about the BIO5 DLC, if they are going to sell every chapter of the game that means that you don't need the original game (on disc) to play the new chapters right?. Just buy the new chapter and play?, something like Siren.

rykomatsu

wow...the ar tonelico vocal cast is pretty crazy

some new no-names, but Inoue Azumi of My Neighbor Totoro (really beautiful voice) and KOKIA in addition to 8 others (in addition to Shikata Akiko and Shimotsuki Haruka) :D

Shikata will be doing Saki's hymnos...Shimotsuki Haruka Finnel's hymnos.

shit..Jan 28th can't come soon enough :|

Jonnyram

cvxfreak said:
I sense another 428 here with NMH PS360. :lol
428 was a soundnovel. It's not even in the same league. Plus that was a different company that published it, and Chunsoft spent nothing on advertising compared to Sega's launch.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Tenbatsu said:
It will feel very different without using a wiiremote and nunchuk, IMO.
Charging your Katana will be totally different too.

I won't be able to impress my friends anymore :(

John Harker said:
Have I not posted enough recently that I don't warrant at least one call out in this thread...?

Any rate, still gathering my thoughts. Not sure how to respond to thread yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrElT8XxptU

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Have I not posted enough recently that I don't warrant at least one call out in this thread...?

rykomatsu said:
wow...the ar tonelico vocal cast is pretty crazy

some new no-names, but Inoue Azumi of My Neighbor Totoro (really beautiful voice) and KOKIA in addition to 8 others (in addition to Shikata Akiko and Shimotsuki Haruka) :D

Shikata will be doing Saki's hymnos...Shimotsuki Haruka Finnel's hymnos.

shit..Jan 28th can't come soon enough :|
The soundtrack for this game is going to be like an orgy all over my face.

John Harker said:

Vader No?

stupei

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
This game was meant for the Wii and only the Wii. The game was so horribly bland in every sense of the word (graphics, enemy variety, overworld). The saving grace was the Wiimote; it sounds absurd, but it was fun to play using the gestures in conjunction with the button presses.

The story was amusing, though.

This.

I really don't understand the people that want to take fun and quirky but largely one note games where the primary reason they are enjoyable is the controls and then stick them on the HD consoles. With MadWorld it's strange enough, but a Grasshopper game? Really? The graphics matter there? ... really?

Vinnk

Will double dip. Or I guess Triple dip as I already bought the Japanese and American versions of NMH. Looking forward to seeing them in HD I guess. But I really liked the motion controls and it will be a shame to not have them.

Magypsy23

Banned
Vinnk said:
Will double dip. Or I guess Triple dip as I already bought the Japanese and American versions of NMH. Looking forward to seeing them in HD I guess. But I really liked the motion controls and it will be a shame to not have them.

I'm quadruple-dipping. NMH Wii JPN, NMH Wii NA, NMH PS3 JPN, NMH 360 JPN.

edit: Could someone link me to 428 numbers across all platforms?

ivysaur12

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
man... more reason to sell my wii.

I'll sell my Wii after I play NMH2 and Monster Hunter Tri... I dont think I'll go back to it after that.

What's the point of selling a console? I never really understood this. You get maybe $100 back, but you're screwed if something gets announced that you want. I'm honestly curious.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ivysaur12 said:
What's the point of selling a console? I never really understood this. You get maybe $100 back, but you're screwed if something gets announced that you want. I'm honestly curious.

Because that'll stick it to the man, and you can brag about it on GAF.

I agree with you, people who sell consoles are.. not the brightest bunch, or just want attention, and continuously post 'I SOLD IT' on internet forums because it's cool, man.

Magypsy23

Banned
ivysaur12 said:

It's really tiring, carrying around all those consoles with you all the time. Bad for your back too.

Top Bottom