• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

-Horizon-

WVW69jOIO9IYbhDxXM

Jeezus

pHand

Everytime there's an Isabelle badge, it's the worst to get. Those system icons this time? Other than a lucky roll (which happened once), they were a grind carrying and dropping them with the claw, and edge rolling didn't always work, and still had limited progress. Even the floor is the type that prevents L+R wiggling due to the high grip, I think.

Games Tuthinoko was able to complete both Isabelle launcher panels with 5 plays total: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B4Wcsbj3LY

It took me considerably more. -_-

pHand

Those Ashley stages. They really want your money huh. Made it almost impossible.

The new extending penis arm is straight-up bullshit. At least with the other arms you could usually make some sort of progress with each play, but this one requires pinpoint accuracy for certain badges.

I think I'll be uninstalling soon and just live vicariously through the YouTube videos. I can't even place any more icons on my menu, so I might as well stop enabling Nintendo from continuing down this horrible "free to play, pay to get screwed" path.

Ponn

Banned
The wario ware badges intrigued me. I figured the rod one was not going to allow for any multi badge grabs so I dropped a couple bucks and got all the ashley badges. I'm perturbed though because I spent my last couple plays on trying for that motorcycle pirate wario and I can see no feasible way to get it, especially after the board is cleared. Hes laying on his side firmly underneath ceiling with only his sword poking out so there is nothing to latch onto.

edit: NM, said screw it and bought some more plays.. Was able to grab his color and nudge him out a bit more to get a better grab on him. Definitely wasted quite a few plays on getting that damn badge though.

I'm surprised we got a rod game this soon. Watching Japanese videos of them has shown how BS they can be, really damn picky.

So, how do you get the Ashley Camera icon? I don't see any way the rod can dislodge that.

If it's one I'm thinking of, you have to work from right to left, each time pushing the rotating sticks vertical so you can hit the next one. I think you have to even use a play to set up the final gap, so you can drop the rod down and hit the badge pinned in the air, freeing the block that was holding the far left badge in place.

Geg

Splatoon got a few in Japan to celebrate its first anniversary. There's the Ashley up there plus these two and some Splatfest-related badges

tumblr_o7stwokiuL1s2z1y6o7_400.jpg

tumblr_o7stwokiuL1s2z1y6o9_400.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Today's practice machine is great. I managed to get a whopping twenty badges, & one was even a red one, so 4 free plays.

Finally reached 750 badges (DAAMMMNNN) & got the Level 8 statue. Now it wants me to hit 1,000.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least I have 9 practice badges left over, so I'm guaranteed 1 free play tomorrow.

....though yeah, kind of wish I got 21, then I could've gotten 5 instead of 4, but oh well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, we got the Splatoon collaboration badges in the US.

There's also another set of "thank you" badges.

mclem

tumblr_o7stwokiuL1s2z1y6o5_400.jpg

ashley confirmed for splatoon 2?????

Splatoon got a few in Japan to celebrate its first anniversary. There's the Ashley up there plus these two and some Splatfest-related badges

tumblr_o7stwokiuL1s2z1y6o7_400.jpg

tumblr_o7stwokiuL1s2z1y6o9_400.jpg

All we'd need is a bit of selective cropping and photoshop to simulate a shaky camera and you could probably convince a less-reputable news outlet that Nintendo's going to be announcing Super Splat Bros.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, MORE pixel game badges. I need a 3DS and then all my folders can be marked by badges of game systems.

Habieru

Neo Member
Oh! Virtual Boy and G&W! and lots of GBA/DS cartridges hmmm... I know it means nothing, but Virtual Boy VC would be awesome :)

Also I need a Game Gear badge... please :/

Ize09Cb.jpg

They're in the US too. That Bunny badge looks a good ten plays away or something though unless there's a trick to it.

Are you talking about that one pictured above your post?

I just want the orange N Zapper on that level and have had 2 tries 3 days in a row and somehow got that bunny to drop twice but never enough for the one I want. I don't know if I could even get it with 3 tries.

leroidys

They're in the US too. That Bunny badge looks a good ten plays away or something though unless there's a trick to it.

I got the Ashley and Nikki boards with 5 credits + my practice play, but yeah, the Baito board took me fkn 10 credits to clear. Had to wait for them to award me Baito as it's basically impossible to get with any number of plays.

Teppic

This week, in Japan

Dot Series
uSD6rhs.png
I need that Donkey Kong.

The game has been pretty terrible since the changes in the practice machine. I get pretty much only 1 free play a day. Extremely rare to get more than that. One free play is not worth it to boot up the game for. Most of the machines requires 5 to get them all. What am I supposed to do with 1? Most of the time it's not enough to get even one badge with.

Top Bottom