• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

spwolf

Lord Error said:
I doubt there will be any installation. Nothing visible anyways. First Uncharted also needed about 1GB of free disk space, but the end user never knew it used that as a virtual memory. This one will probably be the same.

yep, they use it for cache... cc at people not knowing their history! :D

arne

Wario64 said:
Looks like you'll need to install some data this time around. Better preorder your sandwich.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2vbudty.jpg

netguy503 said:
2. 1.7 GB isnt alot considering alot of the 5 GB game installs we've been getting. Definitely not enough time to eat a sandwich( unless you want to suffer from indigestion).

But thank you for posting the HDD specs as I don't think they have been reported before.

jett said:
...requires mandatory installation? Awesomecharted is now less awesome.

Kind of lame that it doesn't other upscaled resolutions.

With incredible amounts of chagrin, want to say that this HDD space is actually a printing error and it's most likely not what we're going to have on the final box, unless there's some crazy aligning of the planets.
that seems to be the HDD space figure for infamous

i don't know yet what the exact number is. sorry.

expy

Banned
arne said:
With incredible amounts of chagrin, want to say that this HDD space is actually a printing error and it's most likely not what we're going to have on the final box, unless there's some crazy aligning of the planets.
that seems to be the HDD space figure for infamous

i don't know yet what the exact number is. sorry.

As long as it provides me with an unforgettable playing experience, take all the HDD space you need!

Alex

I just wish the co-op was in the main campaign. I hate it when games do this split mission bullshit. It just always seems like it'll either be halfassed or take away development from the main campaign.

I just want to play a kickass game with a pal though, really they could widen the corridors, double enemy health and damage and throw in a couple of double levers and I'd be so happy. :lol RE5 in co-op was some of the most fun I've had in ages and that's basically what it was.

Uncharted grew on me so much though, I really wound up loving it after about hating about 5-6 Naughty Dog games in a row so in the end it wont really matter, I'll buy it at a high price.

Also: bring on more mandatory installs, 1.7 isn't even big enough! Do more! Faster loading, less wear and tear on my drive please.

JoJo13

Banned
arne said:
This was just a typical blunder with all the info and people coming up to us constantly at the PS booth at SDCC. I feel bad for Sam. :(

He was actually referring to Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 updates we made.
we had just been making sure at the event that all the PS3s brought in were on FW2.8 since that is what that build needed to run on, so I have no doubt it was top of mind

Thanks.

Can you confirm whether or not presence data will be in Uncharted 2?

noah111

Still Alive
JoJo13 said:
Thanks.

Can you confirm whether or not presence data will be in Uncharted 2?
I doubt it, but I personally don't really care. Though it would be nice for a simple 'Single-player/co-op/Multi-player' tag shown under their names so I at least know what they are playing inside of U2, map names and game modes are not needed imo.. either way it's no big deal, in-game custom music for the multiplayer however, is something I really want to see.. also doubtful about it though. :/

Hypecube

Banned
Alex said:
I just wish the co-op was in the main campaign. I hate it when games do this split mission bullshit. It just always seems like it'll either be halfassed or take away development from the main campaign.

Not every game is suited for Co-op in the main campaign. Forcing co-op through Uncharted main campaign could completely ruin the balance and feel of the story. I would have much rather RE 5 went this route then forcing the co-op aspect. I like what Resistance 2 did with co-op and from what I experienced in the beta. Uncharted dose it right also.

Shurs

Sentry said:
Are you serious? In what way was RE5s co-op forced? The entire game was built around it.. im not saying I loved RE5 but come on..

You are forced to play with either an AI partner or a human partner.

Hypecube

Banned
Sentry said:
Are you serious? In what way was RE5s co-op forced? The entire game was built around it.. im not saying I loved RE5 but come on..

I'm pretty sure that was the problem. It didn't feel like a RE game. It was still an "all right" game I just never got the feeling I was playing an resident evil game.

JoJo13

Banned
Sentry said:
I doubt it, but I personally don't really care. Though it would be nice for a simple 'Single-player/co-op/Multi-player' tag shown under their names so I at least know what they are playing inside of U2, map names and game modes are not needed imo.. either way it's no big deal, in-game custom music for the multiplayer however, is something I really want to see.. also doubtful about it though. :/

This is naughty dog though, and these are very small features that are easily implemented....

JMC

Banned
arne said:
This was just a typical blunder with all the info and people coming up to us constantly at the PS booth at SDCC. I feel bad for Sam. :(

He was actually referring to Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 updates we made.]

Yeah, I was thinking this after I watched the video. It makes sense.

JoJo13 said:
This is naughty god though, and these are very small features that are easily implemented....

I've fixed this sentence for you.

Pachimari

Can anyone name the cast we know about from Among Thieves?

- Nathan Drake "Nate"
- Elena Fisher
- Victor Sullivan "Sully"
- Chloe Frazer

And i know there's that bad-guy dude, the old man, your partner in the ice level and Chloe's friend. Their names?

Shurs said:

TIME PARADOX

Anastacio said:

- Nathan Drake "Nate"
- Elena Fisher
- Chloe Frazer

And i know the's that bad-guy dude, the old man, your partner in the ice level and Chloe's friend. Their names?

Lazarovic, Karl Schafer & Tenzen

I really regret knowing that though :(

JMC

Banned
Anastacio said:

- Nathan Drake "Nate"
- Elena Fisher
- Chloe Frazer

And i know there's that bad-guy dude, the old man, your partner in the ice level and Chloe's friend. Their names?

Claudia Black ... Chloe Frazer

Rene Auberjonois ... Karl Schafer
("The old man")
Nolan North ... Nathan Drake

Emily Rose ... Elena Fisher

Robin Atkin Downes ... Tenzin
("Your partner in the ice level")
Graham McTavish ... Zoran Lazarevic
("Bad-guy dude")
Steve Valentine ... Harry Flynn

Richard McGonagle ... Victor Sullivan

Michael Benyaer ... Serbian Merc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1349460/fullcredits#cast

Who's "Chloe's friend"?

Edit: Haha, damn. Too slow.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
...requires mandatory installation? Awesomecharted is now less awesome.

Kind of lame that it doesn't other upscaled resolutions.

I cant find any sense on this post. I assume its a joke.

JMC

Banned
Anastacio said:
Wait, who is Harry Flynn? and Karl Schafer & Eric Schafer?

Karl is the old guy, and Eric is the black dressed one?

There is no Eric Schafer. highluxury made a mistake (which he's now corrected). The "black dressed guy" is Tenzin.

highluxury said:
Oh my god JMC, please instant-spoiler that stuff.

Yeah, right, sorry. I' had quite a few reply windows open and hit submit on the wrong one.

Pachimari

I thought
Tenzin was the guy who assist you in the ice level? if he is, then who is the one dressed in black with Nate (his friend) ?

JMC

Banned
Anastacio said:
I thought
Tenzin was the guy who assist you in the ice level? if he is, then who is the one dressed in black with Nate (his friend) ?

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. Yeah, you're right about Tenzin. We don't know the identity of Nate's buddy.

JMC said:
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. Yeah, you're right about Tenzin. We don't know the identity of Nate's buddy.

I dont know why but every time I see him I get reminded of Evan Wells.

1488400156_3c5590eca6.jpg

10yjurk.png

JMC

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Wait, what? There's a mandatory install for Uncharted 2? :(

No. Well, at least the 1.7GB figure is incorrect:

arne said:
... What seems to be the HDD space figure for infamous

I can't see Uncharted 2 having a mandatory install given how well ND's data fetching/streaming system worked with the original.

antiloop

Thank god for mandatory install. Don't want them to compromise the quality of the game itself so I can save some harddrive space.

longdi

Banned
What so bad about install?
ND dont listen to the haters gibe me faster loading and less disc seeking or else my PS3 HDD is idling! some more streaming from disc is stressful for PS3 BR lens.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
VegaShinra said:
So Uncharted 2 will have an installation, we just don't know the size, right?
Looks like it's a cache that is built while you play like many PS games.
Not sure if it's an actual install you have to sit and wait for.

DMeisterJ

Banned
dallow_bg said:
Looks like it's a cache that is built while you play like many PS games.
Not sure if it's an actual install you have to sit and wait for.

I hope not, especially after the first one had no install.

I won't mind as I have oodles of HDD space, just seems like a step back when you have a game that doesn't have an install, then one that does... But it's Uncharted, so I will deal wit it.

"Take it back! Take it back!" was my reaction to the boxart. Seriously Naughty Dog, get on that shit.

If I wanted to see deathly blue color processed film that made me want to kill myself, then I'd go watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of the Editing Room.

noah111

Still Alive
As long as an instillation is justified, like in an open world game or a game with no load times, then I am fine if it is 2-4 GBs.

mr_nothin

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

I won't mind as I have oodles of HDD space, just seems like a step back when you have a game that doesn't have an install, then one that does... But it's Uncharted, so I will deal wit it.
Not directly at you (even though it kinda is) but speaking in general....why do these things matter? Why are we keeping score of stuff like this?
Who cares? Its a few mins to install....no biggie.

Are ppl really keeping track to bring this stuff up later? :|

Drame

Wohoo! Finally ordered my copy of Uncharted 1. Pretty late to the party, but I thought that it would be the best to play the first one before the second.

So I should be in for a real treat, right? I mean as a Uncharted virgin, two Uncharted games in such a small period :lol.

Drame said:
Wohoo! Finally ordered my copy of Uncharted 1. Pretty late to the party, but I thought that it would be the best to play the first one before the second.

So I should be in for a real treat, right? I mean as a Uncharted virgin, two Uncharted games in such a small period :lol.

The story is a brilliant example of cliched happenings that wont bother you. Storytelling is very well written accompanied by a gallery of characters with very natural personalities.

The gameplay is fine too.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DMeisterJ said:

Maybe needed for MP? I could see that since it cant stream locations like SP does.

JMC

Banned
Drame said:

A delicious, scrumptious treat. Don't forget to post impressions (I'd say the official thread will do nicely as an outlet).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ok... this online game is using Drake... our Drake!
2hmoh85.jpg

the-broken-clues_subfeature.jpg

the-broken-clues_feature.jpg

fu7vpd.jpg

They even have a paid version of the game :/

Fersis

highluxury said:
Holy fuck I spat out all my cottage cheese across the keyboard :lol :lol :lol
Because Broken Clues has mandatory install? :lol

Broken Clues just $6.99
2hmoh85.jpg

the-broken-clues_subfeature.jpg

the-broken-clues_feature.jpg

fu7vpd.jpg

Top Bottom