• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) Official Japanese Release Thread

Hunahan

Banned
Lost Odyssey thread breakdown:

4% people talking about the shittiness of the TGS05 demo

6% people asking about random battles

22% people talking about Xbox360 sales failure in Japan

25% people talking about Final Fantasy

40% PS3 owners pissed off that even the fucking Xbox360 has more JRPGs than their console.

3% people who are actually excited about the game

....oh how I'll miss these threads.

WrikaWrek

Banned
If the story is there....this will be something special, as the characters, setting, and graphics are all there.

The gameplay, as long as it isn't a grindfest, i'm cool.

MCD

Hunahan :lol

love you man.

and here are all the characters we know of so far (if you don't mind me posting this duckroll):

b002.jpg

Kaim Argonar
b003.jpg

Seth Balmore
b004.jpg

Ming Numara
b005.jpg

Sarah Sisulart
b006.jpg

Jansen Friedh
b007.jpg

Cooke & Mack
b008.jpg

Sed
b009.jpg

Tolten
b010.jpg

Gongora

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hunahan said:
Lost Odyssey thread breakdown:

4% people talking about the shittiness of the TGS05 demo

6% people asking about random battles

22% people talking about Xbox360 sales failure in Japan

25% people talking about Final Fantasy

40% PS3 owners pissed off that even the fucking Xbox360 has more JRPGs than their console.

3% people who are actually excited about the game

....oh how I'll miss these threads.
:lol

I fall in 2 of the smallest categories. :p

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Pistolero said:
The caharacters are...hum...unoriginal ?
I might have my people and what they do mixed up but since its the original creator of final fantasy it kind of is original.

Also its a jrpg what did you expect?

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Hammer24 said:
men look like men
Huh? are you serious? I only see 1 guy there (the old man) that doesn't look effeminate, even the "though guy" is wearing what looks like fake facial hair :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
They look pretty cool to me. Looks as cool as FFXII design wise, but darker.

Certainly better than that teen shit FFX looked like for example.

FFChris

DKnight said:
Huh? are you serious? I only see 1 guy there (the old man) that doesn't look effeminate, even the "though guy" is wearing what looks like fake facial hair :lol

The main character doesn't look like a women...

Yes, even if he has long hair.

MCD

Seth is damn beautiful IMO.

and Gongora is probably my favorite character here. (though his name is weird)

antiloop

FootNinja said:
I might have my people and what they do mixed up but since its the original creator of final fantasy it kind of is original.

Also its a jrpg what did you expect?

Yes, they are original and well designed. But I think most of them are ugly in appearance. I don't like some of the hair styles for one.
But they beat characters like Vaan by a long shot IMO :lol
Seths hair style o_O

Hammer24

Banned
DKnight said:

I´m just so fucking tired of playing the prototypical 13 year old metrosexual with a furry sidekick main character, that I´m very happy with these. While they might be nowhere like perfect, they are a huge step in the right* direction.

* for me

Kyoufu

I will play this game, but I warn you, I won't go easy on it if it turns out like BD did.

Despite it being on UE3 engine, it looks pretty damn good. Looking forward to it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Looking good. Inoue is a freaking talented artist, I hope he gets involved in more games in the future.

WrikaWrek

Banned
antiloop said:
Yes, they are original and well designed. But I think most of them are ugly in appearance. I don't like some of the hair styles for one.
But they beat characters like Vaan by a long shot IMO :lol
Seths hair style o_O

You don't like Seths hair style? word? I think it looks awesome actually :lol She looks good.

Kaim looks cool to me too, definitilly the most interesting looking main character since Squall in a J-RPg to me.

Ming Numara looks awesome, she looks like a queen, a women queen not some teenager, and she looks hot.

Sara looks young, shy, intelligent, not the most interesting character of the bunch to me but i can see her role in the story.

Jansen Friedh looks great, looks like a smartass, has style, the kind of character that ends up being a fan favorite.

Cooke & Mack look like the stress relieve.

Tolten looks like a spoiled Prince.

Gongora looks like a prick.

Ikael

I LOVE the character designs. Men look like men. Women looks like women. Elders looks like elders, children looks like children. Awesome.

And Gongora is probably my favorite character here. (though his name is weird)

Gongora was one of the best romantic Spanish poet writters, he wrote several theater plays and poems, and he mantained a rivaly with Quevedo, another great poet of his time. While Gongora´s style was colourful and full of ornaments, Quevedo´s was exactly the opposite: dry, sarcastic and to the point. Their awesome literary rivalry created some of the finest pieces of satire in the Spanish literature (they mocked each other endlessly).

MCD

Ahh...so it's a real name. :lol

forgive my ignorance and thank you for enlightening me, Ikael.

painey

i want this game to be good, im desperate for good next gen turn based JRPG but theres something about it that just dont interest me, the awful character art doesnt help :(

duckroll

Updated OP with the real Famitsu Xbox360 score. :)

Also, I don't get this Cid clone thing. What gives anyone the idea? I mean, his name is Sed because Seth is his mom. :p

Nolan.

duckroll said:
Updated OP with the real Famitsu Xbox360 score. :)

Also, I don't get this Cid clone thing. What gives anyone the idea? I mean, his name is Sed because
Seth is his mom. :p

Yeah I don't get it either, and even if he was a cid clone Sakaguchi's allowed.

Seth is so stunning, I like her already.

Just wanted to say that.

DangerStepp

Excellent thread! This one recently made a blip on my radar and I am very interested to see how it does.

I like how the character designs are more "Western-ized" than the typical JRPG. Like somebody mentioned earlier, they're somewhat derivative of FFXII's models.

Also note how it's one of the few Unreal Engine 3 games I've seen that doesn't look like an Unreal Engine 3 game(no shiny grittiness).

MCD

duckroll, you might wanna spoiler tag that.

i read that recently and was kinda shocked :lol

Ikael said:
I LOVE the character designs. Men look like men. Women looks like women. Elders looks like elders, children looks like children. Awesome.

Yeah. This game has fantastic character design. Everyone has cool clothes, the women are gorgeous, everyone's look is very distinct -- and their personalities are easily conveyed by how they look and how they stand. Watching the TGS trailer for this game was like a breath of fresh air after watching the same exact guy parade through the IU, TLR, and WKS trailers. :lol

Gameplay-wise, the kind of totally random thing I'm super excited about is (totally ludicrously minor gameplay spoiler)
being able to use five characters in battle!

duckroll said:
Also, I don't get this Cid clone thing.

How the heck can you have a "clone" of a "character" whose only unifying characteristics over 12 games are being male and having something to do with airships? The range even from 7's punkass dragoon to 8's fat academic grandpa is pretty huge.

duckroll

charlequin said:
How the heck can you have a "clone" of a "character" whose only unifying characteristics over 12 games are being male and having something to do with airships? The range even from 7's punkass dragoon to 8's fat academic grandpa is pretty huge.

Beats me! Ask them!

Beezy

·feist· said:
People have purchased systems with this and the previous Kmart coupon. Also, game hardware and software are often classified as toys with a number of stores. When all else fails, there are legal ways to go about it.
I guess I'll try it whenever my shitty Kmart gets some 360s back in stock again. Just to be safe, what are these "legal ways to go about it" that you speak of? *rubs chin*

DangerStepp

Beezy said:
I guess I'll try it whenever my shitty Kmart gets some 360s back in stock again. Just to be safe, what are these "legal ways to go about it" that you speak of? *rubs chin*

Whoa. You guys still have a KMart?! They shut ours down years ago. Where do you live?

Pterion

DKnight said:
Those character designs are.. ugghh.
I was shaking my head as I scrolled down the page.

WrikaWrek said:
They look pretty cool to me. Looks as cool as FFXII design wise, but darker.

Certainly better than that teen shit FFX looked like for example.
You should play FFXII again... Nothing comes close to the judges, nothing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I like the character designs for the most part, except for Tolten, he looks like he had a birth defect or something :p Really sucks this game got delayed, especially considering it got delayed to promote a game I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever (Mass Effect). Looks like Galaxy was my last game purchase of the year.

Top Bottom