• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Zoolader

Hey they had a pretty awesome sale that one time. Viva Pinata, Shadowrun, and Age of Empires 3 + expansions for a dollar each? Yes.

I got Viva Pinata for a $1 on gfwl, forgot I had it until now.

edit: looks like I have Age of Empires 3 complete and Bioshock, but no Viva Pinata? I know I bought it, downloaded it, and played it. I wonder why doesn't it show I own it.

Spartan Ops Episode 7 cinematic was so good. Halsey continues to be the best character in the series. Lasky and Palmer were interesting in this episode also.

Fuchsdh

Spartan Ops was ridiculously fun tonight. Nutter, Domino and I played the new chapters with relatively low lag and the environments are beautiful.

I've had a reputation of slurping pretty hard but this is way more geared towards my style of play. While Firefight was fun and had its own niche and progression of difficulty, I love having objectives and we get all this shit for free instead of paid DLC.

I am really, really happy with the new season.

It's just a shame the first half of the season was so disappointing. People were going to complain about the lack of Firefight no matter what, but just little things in 1.5 add up to a much more satisfying experience.*

*More fodder for the "three months more time for development" brigade, I guess.

The green colors really pop in this weeks first Spartan Ops mission.. Looks really fresh, I like it. Too bad the rest of the level looks kinda unfinished/polished visually.

The lower the better. Sends a clear message to Microsoft.

Agreed, tired of people coming here day in day out and complaining yet still playing the game.

I did it for awhile with other Halos but I'm done. Actions speak louder than words and I hope the low population is enough to make them reverse and change the way Halo is going.

I dont even agree with the people trying to revive or fix this one. Because it just sends them a message of it doesnt matter what you make we will stick around and try n mold what you gave us to what we want. Further proving they can do whatever.

Omni

Considering how well the maps integrate into matchmaking, I'm surprised to see that many in the list. Its the only place for extraction though isn't it?

I've seen people say this quite a lot, but I'm really not seeing it. The maps have come up once for me when not in the Crimson DLC playlist (and everyone voted Ragnorok anyway...)

Perhaps I've just been unlucky

m23

Played the first 3 chapters of episode 7, have to say Ellis and team have really stepped up. I'm actually excited for the newer episodes.

Nowise10

whYKTf5.png

Insane photoshop skills right their.

I'm looking for a new wallpaper.

• 3840 x 1080 (span two 1080p monitors).
  • Must be Halo related
  • Can be panorama, concept art or fan art
  • Has to suit dual monitors

Any ideas?

blamite

I've seen people say this quite a lot, but I'm really not seeing it. The maps have come up once for me when not in the Crimson DLC playlist (and everyone voted Ragnorok anyway...)

Perhaps I've just been unlucky

What playlists? I mainly play Oddball, and they don't even exist in that playlist so at first I assumed they just never showed up, but I started seeing them pretty regularly in BTB and Team Slayer. I'm really impressed, actually, DLC integration seems to be one thing Halo 4 finally got right.

Insane photoshop skills right their.

That room was a really great implementation of a campaign space into SpOps. It also makes me wonder if there are any other non-combat campaign spaces that'd work as well in multiplayer or Ops.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
JIPed to a 2-0 CTF match... with a full party.
How do you tell people are in a party in Halo 4? I don't think I've figured out a way, except for hearing them talking in lobby and putting 2 + 2 together.

Its just me or they are just throwing the Hunters in groups of three now and in small battles the Hunters are just too separated to help each other.

Omni

What playlists? I mainly play Oddball, and they don't even exist in that playlist so at first I assumed they just never showed up, but I started seeing them pretty regularly in BTB and Team Slayer. I'm really impressed, actually, DLC integration seems to be one thing Halo 4 finally got right.
Ummm, CTF? That's all I play these days. I think they're in that playlsit

How do you tell people are in a party in Halo 4? I don't think I've figured out a way, except for hearing them talking in lobby and putting 2 + 2 together.

He got placed into a JIP game going in as a full party, meaning his team had to be split lol

I don't think there's any way to actually tell. That's one of those little details that we all hope they fix in the TU even though we don't talk about it all the time.

On the subject of politics, someone should gif the cutscene of those scientists getting Composed, transition to Chief simmering on the floor, and add "THANKS, OBAMA!"

EDIT: There's a billion possibilities for that actually. The end of Dawn could work too. :lol

Kujo

Considering how well the maps integrate into matchmaking, I'm surprised to see that many in the list.
??

I'm way past a SR130 and I've only gotten the DLC maps once outside of the DLC playlist (Ive been playing everything except Infinity Slayer 4v4)

CyReN

Really? They're pretty good guys, just because they share a different mindset doesn't mean we have to douche on them, I think.

We should photoshop their faces and share them on twitter with the HaloGAF staff with people they don't know.

Maybe it's just becoming harder to please me in single player encounters, but episode 7 was definitely taking steps backwards. The big things that stand out to me are the encounters where I had to close a bunch of doors in the engine room(?). But in order to get to them, I have to fight an almost endless wave of enemies. The opening encounter on Infinity is pretty poor as well. Placing the enemies in an easily defend-able position and spawning the player in a killing field is pretty terrible.

When Miller came on the radio saying "Clear this room of bad guys and get to the server room" I shook my head asking to myself why I wouldn't just run to the server room. I tried it, but the door remained shut until I cleared the room of enemies. Giving an alternative to combat is a good thing. Plus it means that I don't have to deal with how awful Prometheans are to fight. (Seriously, the animation invincibility bug is still there. Can we get that squashed in the TU?)

I actually enjoyed a bit of the first mission where I could run through and just shoot the shield generators. That is until they said they were dropping off a Mantis, and the only thing I got a waypoint for was an AR that they also dropped. On that note, the single player encounters have really gone overkill on the waypoints. Is there not a prioritization for these things? Example being that I'm stuck in an area and I have no idea where to go. The highest priority for the waypoints would be to get me back on the right path, step by step. The lowest priority at that point is the enemy at the end of the level that I have to kill.
Agreed. While it was nice that 7 episodes into the series, the series was actually what was advertised (a story driven mode paired with CGI cutscenes instead of what it has been to this point, which was nearly complete and absolute separation between the two and you are just running random ops), it suffered from all that you issues you've stated above.

Tawpgun

Which Knight are you guys talking about? I solo'd the missions last night and didn't run into anything like that. If worse comes to worse, try a loadout with Grenadier + Explosives + Pulse Grenades. Wallhacks are your friend.

Top Bottom