• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

turmoil

Banned
Page 3 already, gonna be a long week

We'll make it, just remain strong

for_herwjuqk.png

Wait you can change post per page?

In desktop, Welcome<username> -> User control panel -> Edit options, one setting there

Welcome to the 100ppp master race

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Carrot's not going to join, she has zero plot relevance in the arc. She's just some background character around for the ride, she's less relevant than basically any previous hangers-on like the various samurai.

turmoil

Banned
Carrot's not going to join, she has zero plot relevance in the arc. She's just some background character around for the ride, she's less relevant than basically any previous hangers-on like the various samurai.

If we go with the formula, sure, that decreases her chances, but why are we sure Oda will do the same forever?

Carrot gonna be the 11th member
11,5 if we include viviii~~

Vivi's upper or lower half is the nakama?

Veelk

Banned

Yeah, but the real reason that she's not gonna be a strawhat is because that'd be awesome. Oda doesn't do awesome.

Jay RaR

Hmm...new OT. Like the title.

Carrot can be Haru, I don't care for both.
Pudding is Hifumi and Vivi is Makoto.
Sanji is Mishima.

For me its:
Carrot = Makoto
Pudding = Haru (I do like Haru though lol)
Vivi = Hifumi
Robin = Kawakami
Nami = Ann

Agree with Sanji lmao.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If we go with the formula, sure, that decreases her chances, but why are we sure Oda will do the same forever?

It's not even about "formula," it's just that it'd be stupid.

"Background character that has contributed basically nothing, but guess we'll keep her around forever???"

Gangster Gastino over Carrot any day.

Ogodei

That's exactly the issue. There was a reason for Kin'emon and Kanjuro to be around. There's a reason for Pedro to be around. There's no reason for Carrot. She's just there. And Oda doesn't do stuff like that.

Ray Down

Banned
Neither Carrot or Pedro are joining.

They're both serving the role of allowing the Strawhats to be split in half and get better focus on those that were missing for a year, while still having enough characters to work with. Both Pefro and Carrot have been pretty generic in personality, design, and memorable moments. They are the Jonny and Yosaku of the arc, The Conis and Aisa, the Paulie and Galleyla, the Lola pirates, the Bart and Cavendish. They're just guests to keep things fresh, no more.

bjork

Pudding is going to join them temporarily after this arc, at which point she'll erase a certain part from all of their memories as they sleep

Then the next real crew member will be
blackbeard

Jay RaR

I'd be apathetic if Jinbei is the only one that joins.

Sure he's a Merman, a Karate dude, and an ex-Shichibukai but still..meh.

Ogodei

They'll all continue to Wano, won't they?

I do feel like this arc will be the end of Big Mom's force in the story, if not the end of Big Mom herself, if only because she's always been portrayed as the lesser of the Yonkou (while the literal unstoppability of Kaidou has been touted), and it would be odd to go Big Mom -> Kaidou -> Big Mom round 2 in terms of story progression (like the theory that she would go to Elbaf after this arc).

Ray Down

Banned
Haru is boring to me though.

Persona 5 has an issue for me that, the longer the game goes on the less I care about the villains and characters introduced.

I will at least admit her social link I just started.

Red Fire

They'll all continue to Wano, won't they?

I do feel like this arc will be the end of Big Mom's force in the story, if not the end of Big Mom herself, if only because she's always been portrayed as the lesser of the Yonkou (while the literal unstoppability of Kaidou has been touted), and it would be odd to go Big Mom -> Kaidou -> Big Mom round 2 in terms of story progression (like the theory that she would go to Elbaf after this arc).

Or that she gonna crush fishman island as revenge because luffy claimed it

And the whole thing with destruction of fmi might take place then when they fight their final battle. I dunno

Ogodei

Or that she gonna crush fishman island as revenge because luffy claimed it

And the whole thing with destruction of fmi might take place then when they fight their final battle. I dunno

I have trouble grasping how that would work logistically. It would require some form of fast travel which would break the series, Eagles of Middle Earth style.

Top Bottom