• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any news of Mass Effect:Andromeda regarding framerate improvements on Pro?

Framerate´s all over the place on base ps4.

We won't know for sure until NXGamer or Eurogamer put out a video, frame rate seems okey to me personally,not so indifferent than what ME 2 and 3 did on the 360. (not ME1).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Any news of Mass Effect:Andromeda regarding framerate improvements on Pro?

Framerate´s all over the place on base ps4.
The first area, Habitat 7 runs pretty poorly, but so far the other planets are fine. Some stutter in cutscenes and on the Tempest and at the Nexus though.

Word on the street is MLB The Show 17 offers true 4K output on the Pro. Also has a 1440p mode and a high framerate mode, but for 1080p displays downsampling may not be available, based on early impressions of the game

Any chance DF covers the game?

BigEmil

Boost mode section isn't necessary when it will improve framerate and loading times for 99% of the game, some lesser effect and some bigger effect that's all

Also ever considered to add more details in the charts? Everything the Pro version has added parts some are quite vague and not listed everything and people who look at it will just see that when there is actually more graphical additions/improvements made, that's why i was for a text list instead of a picture list

El_Chino

Boost mode section isn't necessary when it will improve framerate and loading times for 99% of the game, some lesser effect and some bigger effect that's all

Also ever considered to add more details in the charts? Everything the Pro version has added parts some are quite vague and not listed everything and people who look at it will just see that when there is actually more graphical additions/improvements made, that's why i was for a text list instead of a picture list
Feel free to talk to the OP and contribute.

I think it's perfectly fine the way it is now.

The point of this thread is to provide information for those that want it, with as much accuracy as possible. The details of exactly what's going on aren't important to everyone (or even a majority, I suspect), but there's probably someone out there to whom they are. Just as you want more details for official support (see below), others may want details for Boost Mode. I'm trying to serve disparate interests, so the end result may not perfectly match your ideal. I hope it's easy enough to ignore the stuff you don't care about, and find the stuff you do.

I think I've been extremely clear that what I post is always subject to errors and omissions, and repeatedly say that I welcome corrections and additions from other people. If there's something I've missed or gotten wrong, please tell me.

Certainly some terminology used to describe variations in game imagery is unfamiliar to members of the audience. Nevertheless, those terms are common because they're usefully precise, so I utilize them as well. This is why the OP encourages questions about jargon, and as it says I'm happy to explain anything as best I understand.

As for thoroughness, I do strive to be as complete as possible within the space I have. I understand the value that greater detail would have, but I'm not really in a position to provide it. For one, expanded textual notes on every game would likely already have exceeded the post size limits of GAF, or would do so in the near future. For another, it would be redundant in many cases; lengthy analysis is available elsewhere on lots of the highest-profile games, which is why I have external links at the top of the OP.

And finally--while I know this is something of a copout--maintaining this thread is not my day job. Keeping completely up-to-date on every technical detail is not possible given the amount of time I'm willing to spend, for which I can only beg patience and forgiveness. I have often had to revise entries when new, more justified details come out, but this may not occur instantly. That said, I do think I've done a pretty good job in this respect...or at least, there hasn't been an avalanche of refutation and dissent.

I welcome your (and anyone else's) comments, corrections, and suggestions. The thread can only be improved as more people contribute. But in the end, I have to follow the personal decisions about collation and revision that I think most conducive to good results.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Word on the street is MLB The Show 17 offers true 4K output on the Pro. Also has a 1440p mode and a high framerate mode, but for 1080p displays downsampling may not be available, based on early impressions of the game

Any chance DF covers the game?

They've never covered MLB before so I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe if people ask for it.

adamsapple

That turned out to be untrue.

Not really, it's been true for just about every retail release. Maybe indie/kickstarter games are exempt. The only recent releases where I didn't see them were Yakuza 0 and Berseria, both of which were already developed and released in Japan last year.

Unless I missed any retail releases which weren't already released elsewhere and did not get any Pro upgrades. I wouldn't mind being corrected if wrong.

Wait I thought all upcoming PS4 Games have to support PS4 Pro.. Seems like Yooka-Laylee wont support it.

Seems like I won't be supporting Yooka-Laylee until it's on a Steam sale then. Don't see the point in buying PS4 games that don't support the Pro.

That was back in February hopefully they atleast do minimal upgrade, if they just tick the 'Pro patched' box and nothing done then i wont be buying this game until on heavy discount later, atleast add something no matter how small, an improvements and improvement

Yep, there's no way the Pro can't run Yooka Laylee at 4k or even 1800p or something. Pure laziness from the developers to not support the console.

Verdun patch 1.05 that came Friday 24th added Pro support amongst other things.
Thanks a lot for this! I've included the game on the list now.

Wait I thought all upcoming PS4 Games have to support PS4 Pro.. Seems like Yooka-Laylee wont support it.
Not really, it's been true for just about every retail release.
It was mostly true, but as I posted back on 3/22 above, the Styx sequel came out at retail lacking official Pro support. And this is its initial release. I mean, it's still kind of a smaller game in scope, just like Yooka-Laylee, but truth be told it's pretty far into the realm of "real" games. I think we can say that Pro support isn't mandatory; there will be exceptions.

Anything for Vikings? I'm mainly hoping for solid 60fps, with or without the Pro.
Unfortunately, from what I can tell the game is 30fps on all Sony hardware. However, the Pro holds that rate more often, and also has improved effects not present on standard PS4. (And supposedly more ragdoll corpses, though I didn't see that myself.)

Yep, there's no way the Pro can't run Yooka Laylee at 4k or even 1800p or something. Pure laziness from the developers to not support the console.
There are reasons besides laziness why support could be missing. Even if the addition is cheap in labor costs, Kickstarter games need to be very careful about their budgets (even really big Kickstarters like this one). Right before a game releases is when the developer has the least amount of liquid capital.

Sorry for the delay in updating, work has been busy. I've made some alterations, and added a total of 9 games across official and Boost Mode support. These include Verdun and Vikings mentioned above, but also MLB The Show and Kingdom Hearts ReMIX, among others.

As always, if you have any comments, questions, corrections, or additions, I heartily encourage you to contribute. I can be mistaken, and would welcome any input. Thanks again to everyone who helps!

Unless I missed any retail releases which weren't already released elsewhere and did not get any Pro upgrades. I wouldn't mind being corrected if wrong.
I think the new Styx game which just came out lacks Pro support. It's a big enough game that I think even DF commented on it in one of their recent videos.

RexNovis

Banned
The point of this thread is to provide information for those that want it, with as much accuracy as possible. The details of exactly what's going on aren't important to everyone (or even a majority, I suspect), but there's probably someone out there to whom they are. Just as you want more details for official support (see below), others may want details for Boost Mode. I'm trying to serve disparate interests, so the end result may not perfectly match your ideal. I hope it's easy enough to ignore the stuff you don't care about, and find the stuff you do.

I think I've been extremely clear that what I post is always subject to errors and omissions, and repeatedly say that I welcome corrections and additions from other people. If there's something I've missed or gotten wrong, please tell me.

Certainly some terminology used to describe variations in game imagery is unfamiliar to members of the audience. Nevertheless, those terms are common because they're usefully precise, so I utilize them as well. This is why the OP encourages questions about jargon, and as it says I'm happy to explain anything as best I understand.

As for thoroughness, I do strive to be as complete as possible within the space I have. I understand the value that greater detail would have, but I'm not really in a position to provide it. For one, expanded textual notes on every game would likely already have exceeded the post size limits of GAF, or would do so in the near future. For another, it would be redundant in many cases; lengthy analysis is available elsewhere on lots of the highest-profile games, which is why I have external links at the top of the OP.

And finally--while I know this is something of a copout--maintaining this thread is not my day job. Keeping completely up-to-date on every technical detail is not possible given the amount of time I'm willing to spend, for which I can only beg patience and forgiveness. I have often had to revise entries when new, more justified details come out, but this may not occur instantly. That said, I do think I've done a pretty good job in this respect...or at least, there hasn't been an avalanche of refutation and dissent.

I welcome your (and anyone else's) comments, corrections, and suggestions. The thread can only be improved as more people contribute. But in the end, I have to follow the personal decisions about collation and revision that I think most conducive to good results.

I think I speak for most everyone when I say we appreciate all the time and effort you put into it. Thanks for putting it all together.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell the game is 30fps on all Sony hardware. However, the Pro holds that rate more often, and also has improved effects not present on standard PS4. (And supposedly more ragdoll corpses, though I didn't see that myself.)

Damn. I thought 60fps was given. This is the type of game I don't want to play with 30fps. No PS4 version then. :/

Tyaren

Unfortunately that isn't the case (anymore). Persona 5, one of the biggest games to come out soon, also has no Pro support.
That and the fact that sharing (video and screenshots) is disabled really soured me on the game.

adamsapple

Unfortunately that isn't the case (anymore). Persona 5, one of the biggest games to come out soon, also has no Pro support.
That and the fact that sharing (video and screenshots) is disabled really soured me on the game.

The pro support is answered by this game's original JP release coming out before Pro. Same applied to Yakuza 5 and Berseria.

If nothing else at least Boost mode is universal now. Should make general loading times quicker and iron out any minor performance hitches.

Pretty disappointed with MLB the show not offering downsampling for 1080p displays.

I actually bought a pro purely for it
Really? I could have sworn I saw "downsampling confirmed" somewhere.
MLB The Show 17 might have downsampling. I have it listed as not because I've been unable to confirm either way, so I assumed the worst. I've seen people quoting a developer who said (paraphrased) "1080p is automatically downsampled", but I haven't been able to trace that claim back to a primary source. On standard PS4, the game seems to have no AA at all. So all I need is a PS4 Pro screenshot from 1080p mode to analyze.

Ridygo

My friend never closed his boost mode since 4.50 released and now his PS4 Pro not working well.

All games are stuttering, freezing etc. We think his PS4 broken.

I searched this issue on google but couldn't find anything useful. (I mean nothing)

Any ideas? I think boost mode damaging the CPU by overclocking it. I didn't read the aggreement of 4.50. Is there any "we are not responsible for CPU Damage because of boost mode usage" part?

philm87

My friend never closed his boost mode since 4.50 released and now his PS4 Pro not working well.

I searched this issue on google but couldn't find anything useful. (I mean nothing)

Any ideas? I think boost mode damaging the CPU by overclocking it. I didn't read the aggreement of 4.50. Is there any "we are not responsible for CPU Damage because of boost mode usage" part?

It won't be overclocking the PS4 Pro, it will just be using processor/GPU power that it didn't use before. I think the best bet would be to back up things he wants to keep whether on an external hard drive or PS plus online storage, then do a factory reset.

El_Chino

I haven't had any issues. Was it in rest mode? Have you tried a hard reset?

That would be unlikely, as the PS4 Pro's CPU is designed to run at those clock-speeds, it's not overclocking anything. It's basically taking advantage of the PS4 Pro's normal CPU and GPU clock-speeds.

Have you tried rebuilding the database?

deadfolk

What? You can't take screenshots in P5?

True Fire

Persona 5 came out in 2016, so a Pro patch isn't required. Same for Yazuka and Berseria.

philm87

If anybody's wondering, The Division looks pretty awesome in 4K. The lack of motion blur can sometimes be a bit weird, but generally isn't that noticeable unless you're standing on the spot spinning around.

Verdun patch 1.05 that came Friday 24th added Pro support amongst other things.

Game now renders at 3200*1800
Improved overall graphics, sharper textures, sharper output, weapon sight blur, eye adaption.

Patch notes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/VerdunGame/comments/618fuh/ps4_patch_105_update/

Only currently available to EU players, patch still with Sony for NA. (edit, went live Acouple of hours ago for NA)

Oh shit, I did not know this, reinstalling right now, thanks for the info.

adamsapple

What? You can't take screenshots in P5?

That's what people are saying .. which is absolute horseshit. Berseria also didn't allow it and their flimsy excuse was because of all the licensed stuff in the game.

Not sure what the reason in P5 is, licensing or otherwise. But I'd definitely want to be taking a lot of shots based on how that game looks.

Tripolygon

Banned
Those games came out in 2016. They are just now releasing in the west.

FHIZ

That's what people are saying .. which is absolute horseshit. Berseria also didn't allow it and their flimsy excuse was because of all the licensed stuff in the game.

Not sure what the reason in P5 is, licensing or otherwise. But I'd definitely want to be taking a lot of shots based on how that game looks.
It's just par for the course in Japanese games. A lot of them have visual novel style elements that are just characters talking for awhile, which you could easily put up online and get the story from. It's stupid, but very common in those types of games.

deadfolk

Wow - that sucks. I don't usually take a lot of screenshots, but this is one game where I probably would have.

PS4 Pro is finally easily found in my area. Now I am thinking of getting one.

The thing is I only have a 1080p TV. Half of my games collection is natively supported.

Games I think would benefit on the pro for me the most are Bloodborne, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy 15. Still havent gotten the last guardian because of the fps dips I keep hearing about on the standard ps4.

Other games I think looks good enough and performs well enough on a regular ps4.

I appreciate the better image quality and stable fps I get on my PC so I know how to appreciate the higher performance but I'm not really feeling like its a significant upgrade for a console especially when lots of games work completely fine on a standard ps4.

Also, for games that have options of higher framerate or higher resolution. What do most of you guys use?

If I only have 1080p tv, is the higher resolution modes even an noticeable upgrade? Im not quite sure if all games would be downsampled if I use this mode

Kinda on the fence due to feeling like its a half step product where its almost 60fps but not quite and its 4k but not true 4k on both modes and I feel like the standard works well enough for most games. 400 bucks is a pretty steep price for something I am not even sure I need.

Brandwin

Didn't want to start another thread, but I went ahead and ordered a Pro and it should be delivered tomorrow.

Easiest way to move items is to just download my saves from the cloud? That's really all I am worried about.

When do I need to deactivate my old PS4 as the primary and activate the PRO as primary? Going to sell PS4 ASAP so just looking for easiest and fastest way to move data.

Thanks!

Didn't want to start another thread, but I went ahead and ordered a Pro and it should be delivered tomorrow.

Easiest way to move items is to just download my saves from the cloud? That's really all I am worried about.

When do I need to deactivate my old PS4 as the primary and activate the PRO as primary? Going to sell PS4 ASAP so just looking for easiest and fastest way to move data.

Thanks!

If all you want is your saves and you don't mind losing all your downloaded games/demos, installed games, DLC, screenshots/videos, etc then yeah. Make sure all your saves are uploaded to the PS+ servers, deactivate, factory reset and then go sell it. Then once you've got your Pro, you can download all your saves and activate it.

If you want to keep all your stuff though, there's two ways of doing it. The first is to backup everything to an external HDD (formatted to FAT32/exFAT), deactivate the old PS4, restore your data onto the Pro and then activate it. That's what I did when I got mine and everything transferred over perfectly, including PT. The second is to connect your old PS4 to your Pro via LAN and transfer everything over that way. I think that has an option to automatically deactivate your old system and activate your new one but I've never used it, so I wouldn't know.

Top Bottom