• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

bigmf

Can't someone please put the missing T in opts in the thread title? It's kind of making me crazy for the last couple of days.

frizby

Watched the IGN playthrough for about 4 minutes before I exited.

Anybody who shells out $60 for such a blatant rehash, especially the "next gen" version, is part of the problem with gaming these days. IW is not even trying to hide how little effort goes into these games anymore. They don't have to. Activision's bought out all the major review outlets and the fans will just convince themselves that there's something magical about the multiplayer mode that makes it all worth it.

I listened to the IW guys get interviewed on a podcast a week or two back (pretty sure it was Game Informer), and they have their market down to a science.

Hint: It's not us.

Newlove

The way the body falls on a completely flat plane no matter the location and then crumples correctly is pretty jarring.

beg.gif

I can't believe this is still a problem with death animations in CoD.

ibro911

Neo Member
The graphic quality of third-party next-gen titles will probably get better with time. It's the possibility of next-gen actually succeeding that bothers me. The leap in quality of experience relative to current-gen might turn out to be insignificant at best.

Nokterian

Black Ops 2 is a damn good looking game.

Yup and one of the better launches i had on PC for a long long time. From day 1 it was just fun and it all worked. Even after launch they patched it to increase FoV to 90. Pretty good how Treyarch went above and beyond supporting on PC instead of this IW with MW3.

Apparently 1080p native was just confirmed by Adam Boyes in the PS Brazil event

I have a feeling that Sony mentioning it probably means something about the XB1 version

Symbiotx

We live in a sad era if a game is "pure and utter garbage" based on graphics alone.

Say what you will about the graphics, but COD Ghosts will play fantastically well and be every bit as fun as any other multiplayer in the market, if not more so. That alone justifies its $60.

It's mostly because it's cool to not like CoD now. You don't hear people going on about how terrible each new version of Pokemon looks or that how it's rehashing finding them all.

I have always liked playing CoD games, and I would probably play this one just for new maps/weapons/features. It's fun, and I like it. Apparently that's not allowed because it's CoD.

Mikey Jr.

YcuIaDn.png

Doesn't this pretty much confirm that Xbox is 720p?

Why not just outright say "It is 1080p!"?

I mean, it would end all of this shit. I say this confirms it pretty much outright.

Wizman23

Banned
Famous Mortimer wants that CBOAT fame on GAF so bad that he is starting to look pathetic with tweets like this. How is League of legends for Xbox One coming along?

netBuff

Famous Mortimer wants that CBOAT fame on GAF so bad that he is starting to look pathetic with tweets like this. How is League of legends for Xbox One coming along?

Adam Penello's weak defence really isn't convincing anyone: With Sony confirming 1080p for PS4, a 720p resolution on Xbone is seeming increasingly likely. Boyes wouldn't have specifically called out CoD's resolution otherwise.

alterno69

Banned
Watched the IGN playthrough for about 4 minutes before I exited.

Anybody who shells out $60 for such a blatant rehash, especially the "next gen" version, is part of the problem with gaming these days. IW is not even trying to hide how little effort goes into these games anymore. They don't have to. Activision's bought out all the major review outlets and the fans will just convince themselves that there's something magical about the multiplayer mode that makes it all worth it.

But what if i get both for $60? If i buy COD for the PS3 digital today i will get $10 back from the PS store, that will be used to purchase the PS4 digital version of the game, i'm still on the fence but i will probably go for it with that scheme.

netBuff

But what if i get both for $60? If i buy COD for the PS3 digital today i will get $10 back from the PS store, that will be used to purchase the PS4 digital version of the game, i'm still on the fence but i will probably go for it with that scheme.

I'm doing the same: I think CoD is extremely iterative and stale, and I have criticized the series plenty. But still play every one of them, because I like to play important AAA games and still enjoy the multiplayer (even though BF4 seems much more impressive).

BTW, if you're not set on playing on PS3 as well, you could also buy the next gen version of CoD now and get the same $10 back.

Yoshida's response sounded like he knew.

I don't see why Spencer wouldn't. Or Penello for that matter.
The director of product planning doesn't know when the biggest franchise on the platform is struggling in terms of performance?

Do they really think all this obfuscation is helping their image?

Also, why was that other thread locked?

Adam Penello's weak defence really isn't convincing anyone: With Sony confirming 1080p for PS4, a 720p resolution on Xbone is seeming increasingly likely. Boyes wouldn't have specifically called out CoD's resolution otherwise.
Do Microsoft not have anyone in publisher relations? Why can't Albert just ask that guy?

A simple 'it runs at 1080p on Xbox One' would calm a lot of fears.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Then what does he run anyway?

He said he's not in PR, but he also doesnt know some things on the technical side either. He just ask his engineers.

He runs his mouth then gets called out for it. That's why he only pops up conveniently to pitch for Xbone.

I've gotta agree with Albert here. Not the coolest way to engage him or MS.

I'm not convinced he doesn't know, but I'll bet it's true that he can't say.

HOWEVER, if he couldn't say, he never should have chimed in.

He's on twitter like Yoshida or Boyes. He can answer or ignore it. He chose the former.

netBuff

I've gotta agree with Albert here. Not the coolest way to engage him or MS.

I'm not convinced he doesn't know, but I'll bet it's true that he can't say.

HOWEVER, if he couldn't say, he never should have chimed in.

If he can't say, this pretty much tells us everything we need to know: They wouldn't need to hold back positive information.

Cboat implied he already knows, and if he didn't, I'm sure he could have already gotten the information he needed to answer back when it blew up, if it was positive of course.

Then what does he run anyway?

Head of Product Planning I think. I can't remember who is in charge of 3rd party relations at MS, I would think Albert is quite busy sorting out the Xbox One release itself to be concerned over COD resolution when they have other people for that.

alterno69

Banned
I'm doing the same: I think CoD is extremely iterative and stale, and I have criticized the series plenty. But still play every one of them, because I like to play important AAA games and still enjoy the multiplayer (even though BF4 seems much more impressive).

Same here, i put maybe 30+ hours into every COD game, most of my friends play it and playing with my friends makes every game instantly better. I hope Killzone manages to win them over to finally make the jump tho.

Skeff

Albert Penello knows the resolution on XB1, as soon as the rumor hit here he would have been on the phone to whoever did know. To think otherwise is naive, he could have opened that thread and posted "1080p native on XB1" it would have shut down the shit storm.

Also Perhaps it is is worth pointing out again that Albert Penello initiated the discussion on resolution.

Vire

That's what I thought... it just doesn't compute.

The rumor seems more and more likely after every tweet.

"It's not his place"

However it IS his problem. People are concerned your console is underpowered, would honestly take him all of 10 minutes to get a straight answer.

But whatevs

Mikey Jr.

Do Microsoft not have anyone in publisher relations? Why can't Albert just ask that guy?

It doesn't. Thats the thing. It is absolutely clear as day now. Showing off COD on PS4 was pretty much the catalyst IMO. What the should have done was show it off on Xbone first and just don't mention the res on PS4.

I mean he can't say for legal reasons.

But MS has an equivalent to Adam Boyes, and he could probably clear this up.

He can't say the resolution of one of their flagship third party games for "legal reasons"..........

lol.

Cidd

Does it even matter if COD: Ghost is 1080p or not?

The game looks horrible either way.

I'm a huge advocate for the 1080p or gtfo cause, but come on this is COD...

frizby

Never mind what I said before. I retract it. He should know, and if he can't know, then he should know better.

Honestly, I'm just starting to feel sorry for the guy and for MS in general...not so sorry I'm gonna buy their product mind you, but sorry nonetheless.

The proviso to saying that is it has to render at 1080p.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if there's some half truth statement about the "output being 1080p" i.e. after upscaling.

Like Yerli's "full HD experience" tweet about Ryse.

Twio

COD running at 1080p is hardly the concern here. The main concern for people is that the XOne may not be able to handle such a shitty game at 1080p which could mean 720p for future multi-platform releases.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It isn't Albert's job to know what resolution COD runs at but you're kidding yourself if you think he couldn't find that information if he wanted to.

see5harp

Why not just wait until we've seen the product and decide then whether you'll buy. I will certainly not buy a product for a system if it's a significantly worse looking game. If you aren't buying an xbox one then why are you so concerned about a multiplatform game?

"It's not his place"

However it IS his problem. People are concerned your console is underpowered, would honestly take him all of 10 minutes to get a straight answer.

But whatevs
Its honestly why I jump ship..why all the secrecy? How much more of this will there be this gen? Im not for that junk

Skeff

Not neccesarily for CoD, but if CoD looks horrible as you say and still only runs at 720p, what does that say about the hardware and/or the development tools?

Bailers

That's what I thought... it just doesn't compute.

The rumor seems more and more likely after every tweet.

Albert is a boss. He asks one of the people under him to find out. They have an answer in about 10 minutes, assuming the one guy at IW who knows this answer is in the bathroom. It's absolutely confirmed. That said, let's leave it alone. The game will look fine. People will buy it. It will be fun for the people that play and like COD.

I respect Albert for at least engaging with the huddled masses, and wading into the shallow and cloudy end of the pool here on Neogaf every once in a while.

Top Bottom