• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts PS4 is 1080p in mp and 720p in sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

This definitely raises questions on what parts people were seeing when they downplayed the resolution difference, when it's 720p for the campaign I can see them wondering what the big deal is for 1080p. Knowing it's the same for both now however seems like once some of them see some actual 1080p games they'll change their tune entirely.

Damn, if true I guess this means reviewers really can't see the difference between 720p vs 720p.

Snark post assumes this was stated about the single player game, not online.

Salex_

Why are Killzone and BF4 running at higher resolution, better graphics and/or frame rate while COD is having problems?

Really, if it's 1080p in the MP then I'm cool with that, as it's literally the only thing I play with COD games. I have never spent more than 2 mins in SP over the last 5 years.

Alienous

I vote for Infinity Ward as 2013's most technologically incompetent developer.

I can't wait for Treyarch to embarrass them, for a third year in a row.

Once again, Mark Rubin from Infinity Ward has just stated again, the PS4 version is native 1080p in both single player and multi.
Like just now?

Then what's up with people's captures/review events...

No wonder there are people claiming they can't see the difference in resolution.

CSX

Someone on Twitter asked IW about this and they still sticking to 1080p native. Can't post pix. Don't know how to use phone

Nev

Banned
The same 7 years old engine and they can't make it run at 1080 with the hardware of these consoles.

Fucking pathetic. Shame it'll still sell millions.

eso76

this is amazing.

All those reviewers saying the PS4 version is noticeably sharper and more detailed at 1080p...

Copenap

Man this is getting more and more crazy.

Guys, can you now please all cancel your next-gen CoD: Ghosts pre-orders or return your bought copies. This really shouldn't be supported and it's not even funny anymore.
Edit: this post holds regardless of the resolution outcome, the performance and look is still pathetic.

I found a picture of the IW office during CoD: Ghost's development.

xVyoSl.jpg

cebri.one

So IW and Adam Boyes are lying? I prefer to think game journalist don't know how to record gameplay. We'll get confirmation soon anyways.

th4tguy

I think it was Giant Bomb who stated IW was working on a patch to fix the PS4 fps issue. Could it be that this is what the patch did? Reduced the SP resolution to fix the fps issue as a quick and dirty fix?

It would explain why early reviews noted the resolution difference.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
This is the most fucking ridiculous industry.

It's days before launch but we don't even have basic information like that before we spend $400-500 on our toys. Fuck this shit.

Could you imagine buying a camera and not knowing what you are buying? Canon releasing a new camera but they won't tell you what it can and can't do. The hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom