• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

If I buy the PS+ Edition on account X (I would sign for 1 month, just to buy it). Will I be able to play it on account Y (Which is the main one, where I will always subscribe). I don't know how this edition works tbh, I hope it's no PS+ bond.

It is not PS+ bound, only the PS+ free games are tied to your sub, since you paid for the game you can play it whenever you want regardless of your PS+ sub.

Yeah I think GT will be the toughest competition that DC will face, and a lot of us will drift away for a while at least - so far DC has always pulled me back after a big game release.

Eh I can't see the new GT pulling me as hard as DC unless they have massive overhauls compared to the old GT formula.

T_Exige

As a big GT fan, since the first game, I can say that DC is n°1 on my list at the moment.
Many have tried, NFS, Forza (bought a 360 just for that game), Project Cars, etc.
Non of them were as fun and challenging as DriveClub is.

One thing I am a bit scared off is that Evo might focus too much on "gimmicks" DriveClub Bikes was good, but I hope we don't see Planes, Trucks, Boats etc...

For me the most important thing is driving in beautiful locations with the best/legendary cars and just enjoy driving them.

Auctopus

One thing I am a bit scared off is that Evo might focus too much on "gimmicks" DriveClub Bikes was good, but I hope we don't see Planes, Trucks, Boats etc...

For me the most important thing is driving in beautiful locations with the best/legendary cars and just enjoy driving them.

Lol, they're not Pixar but I know what you mean.

I'm not that bothered about Rally as everyone else seems to be, although it would be fun. I can't really think of any modes that I'd like added to DC so I'll leave it to Evo.

All I want is more and cars and more locations. Oh, and a super long P2P race. One that like 10-15 minutes long.

5taquitos

As a big GT fan, since the first game, I can say that DC is n°1 on my list at the moment.
Many have tried, NFS, Forza (bought a 360 just for that game), Project Cars, etc.
Non of them were as fun and challenging as DriveClub is.

I would pay all of my monies to see Evo make an Air Racing game.

T_Exige

Lol, they're not Pixar but I know what you mean.

I'm not that bothered about Rally as everyone else seems to be, although it would be fun. I can't really think of any modes that I'd like added to DC so I'll leave it to Evo.

All I want is more and cars and more locations. Oh, and a super long P2P race. One that like 10-15 minutes long.

Agreed :)
A long coastal road (big sur) or monument valley road would be amazing!
This game sometimes reminds me of the good old times -> Outrun, even Need For Speed Hot Pursuit gets a mention.

I'd like a longer circuit track, if there was a way of joining Taapaca and Putre into one continuous course then that'd be fantastic!

DirtyLarry

Having a weird audio related issue. I did just get a new receiver like two weeks ago (Denon AVR-S910W), but played the game the past two nights no problem. Today while playing the sound just cuts out completely with a pretty harsh sound before cutting out. Not happening on any other game. I can go back to the XMB, sound comes back, as soon as I go back to Driveclub, same somewhat alarming sound, audio clips and no sound.
Anyone every experienced this before? I did change all sound settings back to their defaults in DriveClub, even though I do not think I ever changed them.

T_Exige

I'd like a longer circuit track, if there was a way of joining Taapaca and Putre into one continuous course then that'd be fantastic!

It should be possible with some tracks, I would like to do multiple laps of Taapaca and that Japanese track (forgot its name) - 5 laps on Legendary would be great!

DirtyLarry

Having a weird audio related issue. I did just get a new receiver like two weeks ago (Denon AVR-S910W), but played the game the past two nights no problem. Today while playing the sound just cuts out completely with a pretty harsh sound before cutting out. Not happening on any other game. I can go back to the XMB, sound comes back, as soon as I go back to Driveclub, same somewhat alarming sound, audio clips and no sound.
Anyone every experienced this before? I did change all sound settings back to their defaults in DriveClub, even though I do not think I ever changed them.
Quoting myself. It must have just been a really weird one time thing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact my car was SEVERELY damaged and there was somehow a weird sound due to the damage that just was clipping my speakers to shut down completely. Just played over an hour and not a single issue with the audio. Glad it resolved itself, as I am back to being addicted to this game.

Quoting myself. It must have just been a really weird one time thing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact my car was SEVERELY damaged and there was somehow a weird sound due to the damage that just was clipping my speakers to shut down completely. Just played over an hour and not a single issue with the audio. Glad it resolved itself, as I am back to being addicted to this game.

I know i've seen someone here complain about similar audio issues before and it has happened to me too a handful of times, but i could always resolve the issue by quitting to the menu, or restarting the app. I'm not sure what caused it, but coincidentally i also have a Denon Receiver.

It should be possible with some tracks, I would like to do multiple laps of Taapaca and that Japanese track (forgot its name) - 5 laps on Legendary would be great!

You've convinced me, what we need is a Nakasendo 2 which links the start to the finish so you've got an extra point to point and a full circuit to race on! Let it be, Evo!

krioto

You've convinced me, what we need is a Nakasendo 2 which links the start to the finish so you've got an extra point to point and a full circuit to race on! Let it be, Evo!

Nakasendo is my favourite track - I would love it to be linked up so you could run laps - same for Taapaca

Lol^ - maybe he's tried that shit challenge with a shit car you sent out.....

Quoted for truth. Does DC have hydroplaning? Because it sure feels like it with that challenge.

Damn that challenge is nasty haha. Slowest time so far :p 1:45...

Feels like torture! I'm awful at that challenge just cannot get it under control and I thought the AMG challenge was bad!

Hehe Loving the challenge responses so far :) I didn't think it was that bad when I set it but AnythingBut has knocked four seconds off that original time and trying to go faster and keep in control is bloody tough.

Anyway I've kinda decided that we're going to switch the type of challenge each week so I'm open to suggestions of what you want for next week's (or I'll come up with something else everyone hates! :)

farmerboy

Let us know if it happens again. I had a terrible high pitched very weird noise happen once. Thought it was going to destroy my speakers. Changed to earphones and it continued. So its a game or ps4 bug.

I continually get centre channel missing and also the rear surrounds at times. Centre channel also goes missing in movies. It has driven me effing mad.

I'm rocking a denon receiver as well. I think its just a quirk of the ps4 and maybe the hdmi. The ps3 was rock solid when it came to audio. I don't think the ps4 is.

There needs to be a toggle to turn off that horrible green grid that pops up in photomode. Sometimes I just like to look at my car and that ruins it.

Not sure if it was available day1, but being able to turn off the HUD with the dpad is genius.

Not sure if it was available day1, but being able to turn off the HUD with the dpad is genius.

It wasn't and yes, it is.

Just got ripped off by British Airways, Rushy, I'm feeling terrible. Time to drop those SP2 deets to cheer me up!

I need some cheering up too, i've busted my keyboard by repeatedly pressing F5 the whole week for some reason.
Not really, but you catch my drift. ;)

I just hope it'll be more than the patch notes with some fixes and a vague "more tracks and cars coming later this year". XD

airjoca

Expect some more details this week about the next game update.

tumblr_nxis8w0CEA1tnr350o4_400.gif

:)

[Tsundere mode on]
"I-It's not like i'm waiting for news , or anything...d-don't get the wrong idea !"
[Tsundere mode off]

Feels like everyone is on edge.

Makikou

Oh btw, next update fixes the DRIVECLUB Bikes Platinum Trophy bug:

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 20 t20 tuntia sitten
@SpeedshowTV There an issue (which is fixed in the next update) which you can workaround by reaching lvl15 with the KTM Super Duke.

xrnzaaas

Oh btw, next update fixes the DRIVECLUB Bikes Platinum Trophy bug:

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 20 t20 tuntia sitten
@SpeedshowTV There an issue (which is fixed in the next update) which you can workaround by reaching lvl15 with the KTM Super Duke.

Yep, I got it after I reached lvl15 with the Duke (which doesn't take too long with 2x fame). Both EBR bikes were at lvl1 at that time if that also counts.

I'm still fairly new to the game as I'm just getting my feet wet. This game is slowly rising up the ladder to become my favorite racer. After about 20hrs I still have so much content left to explore. The news about city tracks is so exciting. For a old school player like me, city tracks is just what this game needed. You have my attention.

DirtyLarry

I know i've seen someone here complain about similar audio issues before and it has happened to me too a handful of times, but i could always resolve the issue by quitting to the menu, or restarting the app. I'm not sure what caused it, but coincidentally i also have a Denon Receiver.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting you also have a Denon, and so does farmerboy below. When I Googled it I did not find many people talking about it at all, so I am thinking it is a weird phenomenon with the game itself and perhaps just Denon receivers.

Let us know if it happens again. I had a terrible high pitched very weird noise happen once. Thought it was going to destroy my speakers. Changed to earphones and it continued. So its a game or ps4 bug.

I continually get centre channel missing and also the rear surrounds at times. Centre channel also goes missing in movies. It has driven me effing mad.

I'm rocking a denon receiver as well. I think its just a quirk of the ps4 and maybe the hdmi. The ps3 was rock solid when it came to audio. I don't think the ps4 is.
I am leaning towards a game bug with Denon receivers for some reason. Stranger things have happened. And see what I said above. When I Googled it before posting here I did not find much at all. The one and only forum post I found on the Playstation forums was someone with a, you guessed it, Denon receiver. And the problem resolved itself.

I was having the issue with Center Speakers as well. After exhausting all other possibilities I redid the banana clips on my Center Speaker wires and have not seen it since. I thought the wires were rock solid but it did fix it. So worth looking into as sometimes the simple solution is often overlooked.

With that I absolutely agree the PS3 handles audio much better. I still use it for all movie watching.

And the sound I was experiencing before the sound went out was not good at all. You said high pitched, mine was a low pitch but loud volume crackle. Sounded like it was just getting a jolt of electricity through the speakers or something. I definitely thought it was potentially damaging my speakers. Luckily as of now it appears it has not.

Glad to know it just appears a simple quitting and restart of the game resolves the issue. I will report back if I see it again and the conditions that created it. Please do the same.

To everyone else, sorry this was not update related.

desu

What the heck is going on here, calm down people. I think you are expecting way too much from this next update :).

What the heck is going on here, calm down people. I think you are expecting way too much from this next update :).

Rushy shouldn't have stoked up the fires of anticipation, he brought it upon himself. By now i'm expecting a full road map of things in store for 2016, with clips, screens and charts, the works. Nothing less will satisfy!

No, but seriously, i'm just excited to hear about anything that's coming our way. For the most part it will probably just be an excerpt of the next patch notes, some fixes, tweaks and minor additions, but hopefully also a bit more about the tracks he teased before the holidays.

Also, if the news have been postponed until next week, please let us know Rushy, just so we don't go mental in the meantime. :)

Top Bottom