• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Bros 1

That was a nice first episode. If this show can hit on the wonder of space travel as well as something like Planetes then I think we've got something special on our hands.

Kaiba 3

G8t8A.jpg

;_; This one got me good.

One Piece Marineford Arc (400whatever - way too long)

Well that was... awful. No real stand out moments except for one short section when Luffy throws like, a mast or something at the admirals. Though I guess that one scene near the end was worth watching, certainly really good with some voice acting and music.

Oh and every scene with Kizaru talking in it was amazing just because he has the best voice.

Toei really dropped the ball with Marineford. They need to remake it as a movie.

Birdy Decode S2 10

Damn, Nataru is ruthless.
I liked Tasera :(

frostbyte

i shouldn't post again while drunk...

ai ai ai, i make myself look more of a fool than usual :(

at least I finished Guilty Crown!

Guilty Crown 22

Everyone's probably lambasted this series enough so I don't think I can add much more.

It's just why is everyone fixated with Inori when we have Hare, Tsugumi and Ayase. smh. Inori's character is as flat as her chest.

The plot was lolworthy and derivative. So many plot points went nowhere and were dropped.

The animation was ok, nothing really eye opening.

OST was probably the best thing next to Tsugumi and Ayase.

All in all, a poor man's Code Geass. Maybe if I didn't hype this up so much, I wouldn't have been so utterly disappointed. Score: 4/10

------------------------------------------------

Someone can not like Hidamari Sketch??? smh

What do you have against all that is good and pure...

I think that for a lot of people, CNs Toonami and the shows that they played, had a big part in their introduction to anime.

Mine was Cheese TV in Australia. It aired at 7 in the morning so I'd wake up and watch a marathon of DBZ/Pokemon/Sailor Moon/Beyblade/Crush Gear. Those were the days. ooh, NOSTALGIA MAX.

If you liked it, you'll like Decode.

Looks like my backlog is growing too :(

Reknoc

Toei really dropped the ball with Marineford. They need to remake it as a movie.

I'd definitely love to see it remade since it's probably my most favourite arc. But even looking on I don't see it getting much better. They really need to do some full on filler arcs after Fishman Island.

Hiiro no Kakera ep 1
tumblr_m0nxft5ho41qcl077o1_500.gif

Well it was nice to rewatch. Takuma and Mahiro were funnier the second time around, both my favorite, and I guess this time I actually noticed how well the music was done. I like the setting and atmosphere. The ED is pretty nice and smooth, mellow yet fitting.

I enjoyed the thing after the ED
when Takuma seems to be talking to us, nice touch

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
There's only so many hours in the day. And to be honest while I want to watch everything I also need time to sleep, study Japanese, draw, write, play games, post on GAF, catch up on the 10 pages of AnimeGAF I've missed while sleeping, etc.

Backlogs happen. >>;

There's only so many hours in the day. And to be honest while I want to watch everything I also need time to sleep, study Japanese, draw, write, play games, post on GAF, catch up on the 10 pages of AnimeGAF I've missed while sleeping, etc.

Backlogs happen. >>;

I had to cut back on post about games, can easily spend more talking about games than playing them.

My anime backlog is usually just limited to whatever is coming out on disc soon, though I still do have Star Driver and FLCL blu rays sitting unwatched, oh and Redline, never saw them yet.

cajunator

Banned
If backlogs are so good, why is everyone so eager to not have one?

Everyone knows ANN reviewers don't actually watch anime.

Because people want to WATCH the shows on their backlogs. So basically they want to see everything on the list instead of it being unseen.

cajunator

Banned
For me, having a lack of anime standards means I want to see almost everything, so my backlog keeps growing exponentially. It's probably impossible to see everything I want to see. Even working through the stuff I haven't completely seen on my shelf could take years.

7Th

Because people want to WATCH the shows on their backlogs. So basically they want to see everything on the list instead of it being unseen.

And when you watch all of them, what are you going to do?

Because it means not having to pick & choose between different cartoons you find really interesting but don't necessarily have the time for?

I mean, as many times as this has come up, with the same response from you every single time, it seems probable that at least once you'd think about it instead of resorting to thoughtless quippy contrarianism.

I find it great to have lots of interesting unwatched cartoons; there is nothing good about having no new cartoons at all to watch. Right now, other than new stuff coming out and older unsubbed shows getting subbed, there is absolutely nothing I want to watch that I haven't watched already.

Reknoc

What moments would even be chosen, seemed many moments were vital. A movie would be as fast paced and clustered as the manga, which was not really ideal for me. The way the anime did it really made it feel focused and enjoyable.

Just gutting out all the standing still and flashbacks would probably make it fit into a movie!

cajunator

Banned
And when you watch all of them, what are you going to do?

Well, it's just that I would personally find it better to have lots of unwatched cartoons rather than have no new cartoons at all to watch. Right now, other than new stuff coming out and older unsubbed shows getting subbed, there is absolutely nothing I want to watch that I haven't watched already.

Put more shit in my backlog to watch obviously.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece 4

More of the same, this time there was a flashback for how Luffy got his straw hat (it's because he was being a stupid little brat). I would care more about these emotional scenes if there was actually a reason for me to like Luffy beyond "he's the protagonist".

Firemind

For me, having a lack of anime standards means I want to see almost everything, so my backlog keeps growing exponentially. It's probably impossible to see everything I want to see. Even working through the stuff I haven't completely seen on my shelf could take years.

Give them a three episode test and drop everything you don't like from the backlog. A backlog is fine if tidy and organized, but it can get out of hand pretty quickly if shows you haven't completed are added to it. Over the years you're probably going to forget what you have seen of a show, so you'll have to start over again from the beginning.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I didn't mean to imply I cared about watching my backlog for the sake of reducing it. I watch shows pretty much at whim, and how long they've been in my backlog doesn't really concern me. That's how Monster languished for years and years.

I recommend against letting people talk you into adding 100+ episode shows to your backlog if you ever want to climb out of that hole you're digging. :[
It's worth it, though. Do it for Oshii!

cajunator

Banned
I didn't mean to imply I cared about watching my backlog for the sake of reducing it. I watch shows pretty much at whim, and how long they've been in my backlog doesn't really concern me. That's how Monster languished for years and years.

It's worth it, though. Do it for Oshii!

Pretty much this. Cardcaptor Sakura was in my que for years, then I marathoned the whole thing in a couple months.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm so fucking slow. I just now realized that the way Daimons extract Heart Crystals in Sailor Moon S is symbolic of
seduction or female sexual assault
similar to the symbolism of
rape or male sexual assault
in Sailor Moon Supers.

For kids.

Thoraxes

Utena 9

After 8 episodes of not much

I don't even know where to start

Touga, why are you so pimp

Utena was in the coffin, and has already met Touga before, he might (but it seems like he isn't) be her prince?

And then Anthy was a coffin in a rose

and then the castle collapsed

Stop being mean to Anthy :(
Lol, you have no idea what's going to happen to you when you finish this.

Watch Detective Conan Icarus!
I'm caught up to it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure 9:

Perhaps the secret best show of the year. It really does have something for everyone! Moralizing for the little girls (if you confess, people will still love you!) and trolls for the fanboys:
NDlyXl.jpg

Of course, of course, of course they had to also insert the moment of self-awareness during the whole confession scene:
iThqpl.jpg

Man. I guess it's the simple morality and simple characters tinged with hints of self-aware comedy that sells this show for me. It's both somehow nostalgic and fresh at the same time.

Lain

Space Brothers 1

Good start for this. It more or less keeps up with my expectations for the adaption. They really nailed Mutta too, at least so far, with his half laid back attitude and I actually can't wait to see certain events animated.

wsippel

Banned
So, Medaka Box is supposedly 45 episodes and very over the top? Hope it can somehow fill the void now that Bleach and Beelzebub are done.

Also, Decode is awesome. That is all.

duckroll

So, Medaka Box is supposedly 45 episodes and very over the top? Hope it can somehow fill the void now that Bleach and Beelzebub are done.

Also, Decode is awesome. That is all.

Gainax doing a long-form shounen series? Lol, that should be "interesting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom