• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Dr. Kitty Muffins
Member
(11-23-2017, 05:41 PM)
Dr. Kitty Muffins's Avatar
SanDisk 256gb micro sd card on Amazon for 89 bucks!

http://SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSDXC..._nOVfAbSJ6AQT0
ShadowFox08
Member
(11-23-2017, 05:56 PM)
ShadowFox08's Avatar
The 200GB one is a better value at $50 on Amazon right now. 128GB is 28.50 on Amazon for today too.
Si2k78
Member
(11-23-2017, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowFox08

The 200GB one is a better value at $50 on Amazon right now. 128GB is 28.50 on Amazon for today too.

Which is the better buy.... hmmm
SRTtoZ
Member
(11-23-2017, 06:52 PM)
SRTtoZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Which is the better buy.... hmmm

200gb for sure. $40 for an extra 56gb isnt worth it.
Greatest Ever
pretentious trash
(11-23-2017, 06:54 PM)
Greatest Ever's Avatar
Or you could buy an 8 GB Vita card for that price.
Si2k78
Member
(11-23-2017, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

Or you could buy an 8 GB Vita card for that price.

Burn!
dragonyeuw
Member
(11-23-2017, 06:58 PM)
dragonyeuw's Avatar

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Which is the better buy.... hmmm

I was looking at this awhile ago, if a 200gb cost $49 on its own, spending $40 for an extra 56gb isn't worth it. Without doing the math the 256gb should be like, what, $60ish to be 'worth' getting over the 200gb. You're better off getting two 200gb for $98.
Kiddo Cabbusses
Junior Member
(11-23-2017, 10:21 PM)
Kiddo Cabbusses's Avatar
Looking at the prices of all the avialable sizes, it seems like the 64gb and 128gb ones are the most discounted and everything after that is diminishing returns.
eso76
(11-23-2017, 10:55 PM)
eso76's Avatar
What, it's 6Ä here

https://www.wish.com/m/c/58c6db760b362f70cfbc8440

Lol, i have no idea how websites like this can still get away with stuff like this.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-23-2017, 11:01 PM)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075D...+micro+sd+card

Amazon one. 256GB. SAMTONG.
cartman414
Member
(11-24-2017, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by ShadowFox08

The 200GB one is a better value at $50 on Amazon right now. 128GB is 28.50 on Amazon for today too.

Link plz?
Speedwagon
Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
(11-24-2017, 02:23 AM)
Speedwagon's Avatar

Originally Posted by cartman414

Link plz?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JY5T7T/
Metal Gear?!
Member
(11-24-2017, 02:35 AM)
Metal Gear?!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075D...+micro+sd+card

Amazon one. 256GB. SAMTONG.

Do not buy a SAMTONG
Kelegacy
XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
(11-24-2017, 02:42 AM)
Kelegacy's Avatar
Does switch support external drives? $89 could buy you 4TB right now. Of course, not useful for portable mode.

I just dont want to drop that much on so little but with only 32gb you either have to go physical only or cough up more almost immediately after your console purchase. Sucks that 32gb was standard for a console in 2017.
Spukc
Member
(11-24-2017, 02:47 AM)
Spukc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metal Gear?!

Do not buy a SAMTONG

Why ?

Samtong wrong ?
Neff
Member
(11-24-2017, 03:16 AM)
Neff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kelegacy

Does switch support external drives? $89 could buy you 4TB right now. Of course, not useful for portable mode.

I just dont want to drop that much on so little but with only 32gb you either have to go physical only or cough up more almost immediately after your console purchase. Sucks that 32gb was standard for a console in 2017.

32gb has lasted me from launch until recently when both the BotW and ARMS updates hit. That includes hosting Splatoon 2, MK8D, Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Wonderboy III, Sonic Mania, Namco Museum, Ultra Street Fighter II, and 17 Neo Geo games.

I snatched up the 200gb card on Amazon today which should last me a while yet.
nephilimdj
Member
(11-24-2017, 03:17 AM)
nephilimdj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

Or you could buy an 8 GB Vita card for that price.

I know your being sarcastic but 64GB cards are about 90US on amazon jp
ChuyMasta
Member
(11-24-2017, 05:08 AM)
ChuyMasta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spukc

Why ?

Samtong wrong ?


I want answers for this

256Gigs for $20?

Sounds too good to be true
heckmanimation
Member
(11-24-2017, 05:13 AM)
heckmanimation's Avatar
Got the 128, havnt gone through my onboard 32 so an additional 128 should hold me for a bit
MiketheBSG
Member
(11-24-2017, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by ChuyMasta

I want answers for this

256Gigs for $20?

Sounds too good to be true

This is a scam.

What happens when you see prices like this is that the seller is using a cloned card where a code is entered to trick a device into thinking it has more capacity than it actually does. The card will work, but most likely has like 8 GB on them, not 256 GB, once you hit the cardís capacity, the card will start to error out. Review scores will also show you itís too good to be true.
ChuyMasta
Member
(11-24-2017, 05:17 AM)
ChuyMasta's Avatar

Originally Posted by MiketheBSG

This is a scam.

What happens when you see prices like this is that the seller is using a cloned card where a code is entered to trick a device into thinking it has more capacity than it actually does. The card will work, but most likely has like 8 GB on them, not 256 GB, once you hit the cardís capacity, the card will start to error out. Review scores will also show you itís too good to be true.


Thank you.

I got a 200gig for $70 last year.
The 200g for $50 seems legit though
SRTtoZ
Member
(11-25-2017, 04:01 AM)
SRTtoZ's Avatar
Going to return my 128 I got from Best Buy for $30 and ordered the 200gb for $50. Pretty hard to pass that up.
Mister Wolf
Member
(11-25-2017, 06:16 AM)
Mister Wolf's Avatar
Bought the 200GB.
MarcelDG88
Junior Member
(11-26-2017, 07:51 PM)
for the people interested on amazon spain they are still selling the 400gb sandisk micro SD card for 175 euros. Normal retail price is 260 to 280 euros, so for people that download allot of (indie) games. Or want to be set for (almost) the entire switch gen than go for it.

Sale will likely end tomorrow, nor sure tho.

And yea, amazon spain ships to the entirety of europe, not sure if US shipping is also possible.
MindCollizion
Member
(11-26-2017, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by MarcelDG88

for the people interested on amazon spain they are still selling the 400gb sandisk micro SD card for 175 euros. Normal retail price is 260 to 280 euros, so for people that download allot of (indie) games. Or want to be set for (almost) the entire switch gen than go for it.

Sale will likely end tomorrow, nor sure tho.

And yea, amazon spain ships to the entirety of europe, not sure if US shipping is also possible.

I think the switch doesn't support cards that big. I could be wrong though.
ShadowFox08
Member
(11-26-2017, 08:17 PM)
ShadowFox08's Avatar

Originally Posted by MindCollizion

I think the switch doesn't support cards that big. I could be wrong though.

You're wrong. They support up to 2TB, but the largest we have on the market is 400GB.
MarcelDG88
Junior Member
(11-26-2017, 08:18 PM)

Originally Posted by MindCollizion

I think the switch doesn't support cards that big. I could be wrong though.

Switch supports microSDXC cards up to 2TB, 400gb is the highest capacity that is available right now. And yes it works, its confirmed by a couple of people that bought it.
protomouse
Member
(11-26-2017, 08:23 PM)
protomouse's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075D...+micro+sd+card

Amazon one. 256GB. SAMTONG.

MindCollizion
Member
(11-26-2017, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowFox08

You're wrong. They support up to 2TB, but the largest we have on the market is 400GB.

Originally Posted by MarcelDG88

Switch supports microSDXC cards up to 2TB, 400gb is the highest capacity that is available right now. And yes it works, its confirmed by a couple of people that bought it.

Sounds good. I thought I remembered not purchasing a bigger card at launch because it wasn't supported. Good to hear I can get something bigger. Currently have a 200GB in there with plenty of space still left. Helps that I haven't gone fully digital because of Gamer's Club Unlocked discount for physical at Best Buy.

Thread Tools