• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack, KZ:SF, Last of US:R, I:SS have sold over 1M+ units each at retail

Gorillaz

Knack fucked up mario in the UK

So its about time yall realize we are getting a knack 2. Just let it happen and deal with it.

And you guys wonder why FFXV is still delayed. Not even 2 million for any of these.

Wasn't Killzone over 2m?

He just mentioned that all Sonys PS4 retail games have sold over a million at least right. Plus Final Fantasy is usually a bigger franchise than these (bar the exception of TLoU, but that was a year old remaster anyways).

Why just 6?

KNACKDOWN

RATCHET AND CLANK FUTURE : A KNACK IN TIME

RESIDENT KNACK

REMEMBER KNACK

THE LAST OF KNACK

CALL OF KNACK

JUST KNACK

WORLD OF KNACK

CLASH OF KNACK

RYSE: SON OF KNACK

KNACK-KLUB

ASSASSIN'S CREED: KNACK FLAG

CHILD OF KNACK

The Knack of Us

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Will Destiny sell 6 million on next gen? What about Assassin's Creed Unity?

FFXIII sold 6 million.
Pretty sure both of those games will sell very well and be the most talked about games of the year. Next gen games sales have literally nothing to do with a game that's been in development for 8 years being delayed. There's no correlation at all seriously. FFXV was announced way too far ahead of any of these games for their sales to affect it in anyway shape or form.

BigDug13

So when is Knack becoming a PS+ IGC game?

Hopefully they do that with Killzone soon. That team was still releasing free multiplayer maps but the community is very small. Might give it a shot in the arm and have an actual playerbase enjoying the free maps.

chippy13

I own all of these games and enjoyed them all for different reasons. You have to know what you are going to get when you buy launch window games. I think too many people expect way too much from the first set of games on new hardware.

Raist

Banned
For one week.

Just a few more.

18 (NE) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (NE) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)

26 (18) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
30 (20) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)

40 (30) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)
Knack MIA

32 (__) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

26 (32) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

40 (26) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

30 (40) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

28 (30) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

27 (28) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

29 (27) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

25 (29) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Mario MIA

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Great numbers all around, especially considering those are just retail sales. Hopefully this bodes well for the health of exclusives on the platform.

Concept17

What are actual numbers for KZ and Infamous? I thought KZ was around 2-3m+ and infamous around 2m.

Both great games too. Never understood the criticism for either. Also the best visuals ever in both.

I remember enjoying Knack at a demo booth, most likely because it was my first time using a PS4. I will gladly play both it and Shadow Fall once they are PS+ games; I imagine they will be the first retail games to be selected.

Verendus

Banned
Just a few more.

Knack MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA
Daaaaaamn. Mario got Knacked the fuck out.

It's like he took a break from all that ass whooping for a week, then returned for a lot more.

I think it's safe to say, at this stage, that PS4 owes a large majority of its success to Knack.

TI82

Banned
I've only played the demo for Knack and thought it was fun, especially since the difficulty was pretty steep. I can see why newer/younger gamers wouldn't like it though. It's basically an HD PS1 game.

GoaThief

Knackersfield - 64 horses meet their bloody demise in a huge beautiful pasture at the hands of the new mechanised, dancing (yet strangely sad eyed) employee. Insects continuously cause increased delays, much frustration and discontent.

After a year with little to no improvement our formerly shiny lead finally concedes Turkey Masturbator might have been the better job choice after all.

Great news for keeping people in jobs!

I enjoyed Knack quite a lot. It's a good game, not great, definitely not bad. My son loves it and it seems really popular with the kids, a lot more than I expected especially when we have all the usual WiiU titles in the house as well!

Codeblue

Just a few more.

Knack MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Mario MIA

Oh hell, guess I stopped following after Knack dropped off (was still wrong in any case). Those are surprisingly good legs. Thanks for correcting me.

Havent played knack but read it's mediocre.... If i had a kid i woulda definitely got it for them - just not too much kid friendly games on ps4 yet. Esp at launch.

NateDrake

sörine;128046137 said:
I'd assume so given NPD had it between 150-200k. Hard to get to 1m without that 400k.

The 1mill figure isn't really all that impressive when nearly half of it was given away with the console.

Bishop89

Bought all those except tlou (which I have for ps3)

Dont really understand the hatred for knack.
was it the best game ever? No. but it was still challenging. Good variety in enemies imo.

In a way its the demons souls of 3d brawlers. Challenging, punishing (ok not as bad, but dem checkpoints) and the sole reason u die is because of user error

VanWinkle

Wow that's pretty impressive. Every first party retail game so far over a million sold.

Knack could have been pretty good if it had been more platforming focused and with more variety and more polished and 60fps instead of its juddery unlocked framerate.

Wil348

Why just 6?

KNACKDOWN

RATCHET AND CLANK FUTURE : A KNACK IN TIME

RESIDENT KNACK

REMEMBER KNACK

THE LAST OF KNACK

CALL OF KNACK

JUST KNACK

WORLD OF KNACK

CLASH OF KNACK

RYSE: SON OF KNACK