• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LA NOIRE or Skyrim

My copy of LA Noire was delayed for delivery. I should receive it today but I also have Skyrim pre-ordered. I've never played either so I wouldn't know which to recommend more. Looking forward to both.

PFD

For whatever reason I read the title as LA NOIRE in Skyrim, and thought somebody had made a mod recreating LA NOIRE inside Skyrim

That would be interesting...

Ubername

Banned
Skyrim feels like a slog once I get really into the game. The character performances are stale and unconvincing and I much preferred the awkwardness of Oblivion's npcs. If you want to play a long ass rpg though, Skyrim will definitely let you play it nearly indefinitely with lots of sort-of new stuff and sidequests etc.

If you've played any rpgs in the last few weeks I'd shy away from it because the fatigue comes on especially fast in Skyrim. Both games are great if you've not yet experienced them, I think LA Noire is more deserving of your time.

LordRaptor

LA Noire is not a very good game, but if you buy it it might lead to GTAV getting released.
Skyrim you will burn out on, but it will be after something like 70 hours of doing the same thing over and over again

GlitchF5

Neo Member
I just got back into Skyrim, and it takes a WHILE for it to get really good. It seems kind of boring at first, when you're doing the first 10 or so hours of quests. But once you get to the deep stuff, especially the Dawnguard DLC (I wouldn't recommend doing the DragonBorn DLC until you finished the game) it's just, a really solid fantasy RPG and adventure.

EDIT: Plus, mobile option. Can't beat it really.

LA Noire is not a very good game, but if you buy it it might lead to GTAV getting released.
Skyrim you will burn out on, but it will be after something like 70 hours of doing the same thing over and over again

Well, depends on your taste really. It generally received decent reviews. People will certainly be disappointed if they expect GTA in the 40s, but the game has its appeal.

Top Bottom