• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu SSBB Scans-SHEIK IS BACK, BABY!!! 40/40

KevinCow

Banned
lorddct said:
And no ROY!!!!! WTF they are taking away my favorite characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These aren't all the characters. It's probably the starting lineup, but there are still hidden characters.

Doubt Roy made it, though. Ike seems to have taken his place as the powerful sword wielder who starred in the most recent Fire Emblem game.

Jiggy

I can't figure out what in the butterfreakingnut happened in this thread.

Between Japanese magazine scans, issues with image hosting, Cheesemeister posting the review text and nobody noticing, lorddct randomly crying out of an apparent fear coming from I-don't-know-where that Jigglypuff is out, the existence of Crushed and everything that such entails, and some kind of international 2ch internets war, it's like a chimera amalgamation of everything that quintessentially comprises the NeoGAF paradigm.

Firestorm

KevinCow said:
These aren't all the characters. It's probably the starting lineup, but there are still hidden characters.

Doubt Roy made it, though. Ike seems to have taken his place as the powerful sword wielder from the most recent Fire Emblem game.

Roy was never the powerful sword wielder. That was Marth.
Roy was just the good beginner character.

KevinCow

Banned
Firestorm said:
Eh, I never played much with either of them. I just remember that Roy was a bit slower and his B move was insta-kill if charged all the way up, so I figured Roy was the more powerful one.

Firestorm said:
Roy has more power then Marth. Marth attacks attacks don't have great knockback and his hitting witht he tip of his sword and his fsmashes were among the only ways he could KO away from the edge.. Marth is 70% edge guarding 30% everything else.

Lobster

Banned
sheik_080116a-l.jpg

Wolverine :O face needed.

traveler

Not Wario
VeritasVierge said:
Now with tonight's update (finally!) I guess this thread's title is now justified and thread moot.

Not necessarily. Clearly this Famitsu was meant to come out with the week's updates already shown, so perhaps we'll get something else out of it. Olimar's FS, perhaps?

Firestorm

KevinCow said:
Eh, I never played much with either of them. I just remember that Roy was a bit slower and his B move was insta-kill if charged all the way up, so I figured Roy was the more powerful one.

Marth does more damage with all the attacks that matter and are used.

Testicular Sound Express said:
Roy has more power then Marth. Marth attacks attacks don't have great knockback and his hitting witht he tip of his sword and his fsmashes were among the only ways he could KO away from the edge.. Marth is 70% edge guarding 30% everything else.

Where is this game with Marth not having great knockback. I want it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Sakurai said:
Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model

Hahahaha...

HER MODEL.

Take that, weird "Zelda" fans who argue about some bizarre body change.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm off to bed so anymore scans will be updated in the first post tomorrow morning, not that anyone will care now that the big news is on the Dojo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What the heck is happening in that 2ch thread?

In other news, I now have a sudden urge to buy Opoona.

Terrell

JoeFu said:
lol gj crushed, thanks for making japanese people hate us.
Not like that takes much.
Just as long as they don't hate Canadians, it's all cool. It'd make my Japanese drinking buddies happy to know their motherland hasn't turned their back on them, too. ;)

Oh, and the Sheik thing just seems like Sakurai being lazy. He gave Mario that stupid squirt gun pack just for kicks, but won't change Zelda in the slightest when she was the character that NEEDED changing? LAME.

Cheesemeister said:
The SSBB Famitsu review...

Appealing production and features. Also, the movements of the characters are dynamic yet subtle. The brilliant actions of the "Final Smash" moves are a must-see. There are tons of stages, and the single-player mode is perfect. Not only is there a stage editor, but detailed statistics from the game are presented. Nice.

But not tons of characters?

SantaC

So I assume famitsu had to sign a NDA to not reveal anymore characters because this cant be the final roster now can it?

traveler

Not Wario
SantaC said:
So I assume famitsu had to sign a NDA to not reveal anymore characters because this cant be the final roster now can it?

25/6 (if you count Sheik) without clones? Sure, why not?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
there are some SO2 PSP scans, FF13 scoop for next week, some Valkyria stuff. but I cant host shit because photobucket is down... too bad!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SantaC said:
Considering I haven't seen Olimar mentioned in this Famitsu thing, this isn't even all the characters we already know about, let alone all the characters in the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mr. Pointy said:
No.

The 40/40 is just a nice symbolic gesture. The real truth of how good this game is probably what Edge's score will be.

Edge has no great love for SSB

Top Bottom