• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm noticing how Little Big Planet makes good use of its Live Area tonight. When you pop to it it cycles through recent levels or whatever your next one would be in single-player to the left, and various web links and recommendations to the right.

Here are two caps I took a few seconds apart:

7990503963_3bdf928cba.jpg

7990513362_fd76d531ff.jpg

VanWinkle

I'm noticing how Little Big Planet makes good use of its Live Area tonight. When you pop to it it cycles through recent levels or whatever your next one would be in single-player to the left, and various web links and recommendations to the right.

Yeah, I was impressed with the Live Area on that. Some really useful links on it.

Wow that is awesome and just what this sort of game needs in order to market the latest community levels.

Grisby

Played a bit. Really fun.

Didn't see the DL costumes though that the online pass said it had. Guess it doesn't include them.

Can anyone guess why SCEA would be very upset with this releasing early?

Influencing NPD numbers/projections?

Reduced support during the weekend?

I have no idea.

KalBalboa

Banned

I have no idea.

Competing with Borlderands 2 hype will also hurt its day one market saturation, too. Plus, they know not having the servers up day one will inevitably harm some peoples' first impressions. They probably had a good strategy going into LBP Vita's release.

VanWinkle

I have no idea.

No idea, but there's no way this game will show up in the NPD top ten, even if it showed up on the first day of the month, lol. I doubt we'll see a Vita game on there for a long time (even though it would be awesome).

I don't think they are upset, though. I mean, I've seen no evidence that would make me think they're not happy about this.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Sorry to hear some of you guys are having problems with your codes. We are working to address this. We will post on here and on PlayStation forums and blog when we have news. Hang in there!

Regarding the servers, as was posted on the previous pages, we are doing everything we can to get them up as quickly as possible. They should be up by Tuesday.

Sorry to hear some of you guys are having problems with your codes. We are working to address this. We will post on here and on PlayStation forums and blog when we have news. Hang in there!

Regarding the servers, as was posted on the previous pages, we are doing everything we can to get them up as quickly as possible. They should be up by Tuesday.

so am i okay if i used the code that came with the game even though it said online pass when i redeemed it?

Is there any convincing you can do to get the digital psn release up on Tuesday in the us?

I have no idea.

I can think of a couple of good reasons. First is the online servers, which'll probably piss uninformed buyers off. And the second is it hurts the momentum of the game, as early discussion about it will trickle out instead of being concentrated around the first couple of days.

If I were Sony, I'd be pretty pissed about this, especially given all the crap that surrounding the first games launch.

A dumb question, guys, but can you use your DLC from the other games in the series? Or does that not exist? Or does that go live when the servers go up...?

That reminds me same thing happened to LBP 1 when it was released ;)

I remember grabbing LBP 1 early and dealing with a lot of the same issues. I grabbed a copy from the first batch that was sent back and just played single player until everything was worked out.

story levels in this version aren't as tough as past games. also i noticed there's no 4 player areas. just 2p.

time to try to 100% all non 2p items. and ace them.

Trevelyan

Banned
story levels in this version aren't as tough as past games. also i noticed there's no 4 player areas. just 2p.

I don't think they're as hard either, but at the same time, they're much more enjoyable and inventive for me. Really liking this a lot. Not only best Vita game, but best LBP game thus far.

Hanmik

I have aced the four first worlds.. Only four levels to go on the last world.

Wanny

I'm about to give in and try to get a retail copy. -_-

edit: Pfft local ebgames doesn't have it. I live in such a shithole sometimes...

Agent X

That really is excellent use of LiveArea. A few days ago, I thought it would be a good idea to include a link to lbp.me on the LiveArea, and I'm happy to learn (courtesy of your screen shot) that they actually did that. I also like the idea of showing your next single-player level; I assume it would jump right into that level if you tap it.

Grisby

Gah, the touch stuff is pissing me off a little bit. Was about to ace a level and then I had to move some shit in a time limit deal and it didn't respond quickly enough.

Define "short". Have any of the previous LBP Story Modes been 20 hour affairs?

This LBP Story Mode is similar to the previous games, and it's got an arcade mode with various games to check out.

How will the online stuff work? When the servers go up, can we access user levels and play coop? Anyway the user levels are the ones that have been up since LBP1 or are they Vita exclusive stuff?

VanWinkle

How will the online stuff work? When the servers go up, can we access user levels and play coop? Anyway the user levels are the ones that have been up since LBP1 or are they Vita exclusive stuff?

LBP1 and 2 levels are not compatible. If anyone is creating a level now while the servers are down, they'll be able to publish it once the server goes online. Co-op will work just like all of the other games.

Top Bottom