• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S1| Ubiquitous. Mendacious. Polyglottal. Like a couple of donkey balls.

kirblar

DrSlek

Once you get into the rest of the series, beware that they change the narrator for book 4 (allegedly because Jefferson Mays wasn't available) and he's god awful. Mays is back for book 5.

I sincerely hope they re-record the fourth book some day.
I've just begun book 4 today. He's certainly different, and not as good as Mays, but I don't think I'd call him awful.....But then I've not finished the prologue yet.

Veelk

Banned
I finished Book 1 last week. Started other books now, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

The thing about Leviathan Wakes is that it felt good, but not great. I can't even pin down what it's 'flaws' were because it's not like I felt anything was a particular problem or that anything should have been done differently. It just didn't amaze me, which I thought was what it was going to do after the first few chapters.

But I heard that the future books improve on the foundations. Is that the general consensus? Because if it only goes up from here, then that's great.

RS4-

I finished Book 1 last week. Started other books now, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

The thing about Leviathan Wakes is that it felt good, but not great. I can't even pin down what it's 'flaws' were because it's not like I felt anything was a particular problem or that anything should have been done differently. It just didn't amaze me, which I thought was what it was going to do after the first few chapters.

But I heard that the future books improve on the foundations. Is that the general consensus? Because if it only goes up from here, then that's great.

yeah, that's how some people view LW; other people would outright shit on it and the next two books or something lol.

Veelk

Banned
yeah, that's how some people view LW; other people would outright shit on it and the next two books or something lol.

Well, that's not a problem for me.

I am a major fan of the Dresden Files series. Now THAT series started mediocre, and slowly ascended into greatness. So I can forgive a slow start.

Jackpot

Banned

I felt it was because it recycled too much of the previous book. They even mention how it's another corporation fucking with the protomolecule all over again.

Abaddon's Gate has some serious issues with its story.

GlamFM

Banned
This popped up on Netflix in Germany without me noticing.

I have also never heard of it before.

Watched the first 4 episodes and HOLY SHIT! IT`S REALLY GOOD!

Top Bottom