• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Whats it do diffrently? It seems like the same game based on the first few levels.

physics are different, some / most of the later levels are drastically different, it has a level editor and loads of mini games, plus lots of added effects and little extras.

If they're all at decent price, then:

Kinect Party (Free)
The Walking Dead Episode 1 (Free?)
Jet Set Radio
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Hopefully the GOD will be reasonably priced, too.

What's the best place to buy cheap Moonbucks in the UK? eBay?

Galdelico

Considering they're gonna be daily deals, I expect good prices at least on XBLAs... Even a 50% daily discount sounds pretty fair to me.

If so, I'm surely gonna spend alot of MPs: Joe Danger 2, Sonic 4-II, Dust, Trials Evo and all the DLCs for Evo and HD.

I bought Mark of the Ninja the day before of this leak lol but it's ok, the game seems totally worthy of its full price.

Ronian

Neo Member
Damn, I still need some older games like the Banjos and PD HD. :/ They never go on sale.

Do I need the gold membership for these sales? Is Fez really that good? I heard it is bugged.

I would not consider the game on sale if it is only 25%-33% off. I will only buy games from my list if they are at least 50% off.

It depends on the game for me.
I won't buy Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition or HELL YEAH! , for instance, if they are not 50% off.
On the other hand games like Mark of the Ninja which I bought at launch are well worth the full price, any discount on it should be welcome.

The_Monk

Is FEZ the one that had some problems and they did not patch because of its cost to do it or was it another game fellow GAFfers?

The_Monk

That's a shame...

It's a No buy for me then. It was already bad enough having trouble with the Saves on The Walking Dead with the PC version, not even gonna risk it with FEZ.

Let's hope DeadLight have a good price drop, Skyrim DLC is a maybe and the same with Trials Evo.

Anything else else it will depend too but I'm most interested in these.

EDIT:

It's FEZ but you won't be affected by this problem if you never played the game.

Can you be 100% sure of this?

Just searched the article:

"If you're just now starting a new game of Fez or haven't yet completed the game, you should be fine. The new bug only seems to effect those who've already completed the game."

They say I "should" be fine and it "seems". I would like to be sure it won't happen to be honest.

DO NOT let some past bug stop you from buying Fez. If you start a new game now you will be fine. I just finished the game at 100% a couple weeks ago and it's goddamn stellar. BUY BUY BUY.

It's FEZ but you won't be affected by this problem if you never played the game.

Exactly. Phil Fish was only out to screw the people that already bought and played his game. He still made it ok for new people to jump on board. What a P.O.S.

Having said that, buy FEZ. It's amazing.

LosDaddie

Banned
Is Dust a really good game? I keep seeing it mentioned here. Maybe I should just check out a few videos on it.

But I'm already going to buy Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight, and all the Walking Dead eps during this sale. I might wait for Dust to go on sale again...

I would not consider the game on sale if it is only 25%-33% off. I will only buy games from my list if they are at least 50% off.

It's still a sale. Maybe not the discount you'd want, but I'll take it.

That was just on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Indeed, during BF, IIRC. That's when I bought Leviathan. Half off...$5.

Most of the stuff will probably be 50% off. That's my guess.
Half off sounds very decent. The games that I really want, that I would have gotten no matter what eventually, are Mark of the Ninja, Dust and The Walking Dead season. I expect (hope) to be paying a total of 27.50 for all of them during this sale.

I haven't played Bully yet. Some people say that it's Rockstar's best.

it's already £15, so 50% off makes it incredible value for money.

whether it's rockstar's best game, I don't know, it's certainly good and deserves a sequel. you won't be disappointed if you buy it.

and analog control on the gas/brake. complete game changer.

can't believe I forgot about that, but in my defence, it's been years since I played trials 2. I can't begin to imagine how unplayable it is now. has anyone played trials hd / evolution for a some time and gone back to trials 2?

anyway, to stay on point. everyone who doesn't already have it should definitely buy both trials hd and especially trials evolution. you will not be disappointed. the games are packed to the brim with content and the dlc adds so much more.

atomsk

Party Pooper
can't believe I forgot about that, but in my defence, it's been years since I played trials 2. I can't begin to imagine how unplayable it is now. has anyone played trials hd / evolution for a some time and gone back to trials 2?

Having had HD as my starting point, and then going back and buying Trials 2 on a steam sale... I can barely play it. Can't even get past medium (and I can platinum extreme tracks in Evo)

Having had HD as my starting point, and then going back and buying Trials 2 on a steam sale... I can barely play it. Can't even get past medium (and I can platinum extreme tracks in Evo)

I thought as much. hd and evolution are the formula perfected, so it's not surprising past games aren't basically unplayable.

...supposed to start tomorrow
If they are 50% off I'll buy tomorrow Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition, Joe Danger 2: The Movie and Jet Set Radio. And of course Kinect Party if it's free.

LkPr

this starts tomorrow any word on Pricing yet? Sony just released their 'Holiday Sales' with pricing so I hope MS follows suit soon.

Top Bottom