• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

SONY must really hate E3 :|

It makes no sense for them to hold everything back for E3 so that some games can just be overlooked. By spreading out announcements they're allowing for their games to gain a level of attention that they wouldn't receive if they were all announced at one show. It's something that Rockstar learned a long time ago and something that many publishers/developers are starting to notice.

Elios83

SONY must really hate E3 :|

It makes more sense to give games their own space to build hype and interest.
E3 will be probably focused around Vita announcements + live demos of key exclusives like The Last of Us, God of War Ascension and others.
Also there are still many games they have to announce like Quantic Dream new IP, the Smash-like fighting game, Guerrilla new PS3/Vita IP, Media Molecule new game and so on.
Although I believe that they will wait for Gamescom in August to announce them.

KAL2006

Banned
I thought a PS3 game was supposed to be announced on May 2nd. Maybe it is the same game or Sony are announcing 2 games, one at GTTV and one at May 2nd.

How about we just start ignoring these overly vague teases of "amazing new game" B.S.

Every time GAF gets worked up into a frenzy only for it to be some boring mid-tier title that nobody gives a shit about.

How about we just start ignoring these overly vague teases of "amazing new game" B.S.

Every time GAF gets worked up into a frenzy only for it to be some boring mid-tier title that nobody gives a shit about.

The last time Geoff hyped a Sony game it turned out to be The Last of Us. Given the sheer number of Sony studios/teams with unannounced projects (i.e. the vast majority of them), it could be something great.

Globox_82

Banned
The last time his hype was justified with Last of US. Haters gonna hate.

That said, it's probably that boring sony SSM game

Speaking of that game, do you think there's a possibility of Sony Smash Bros cross platform Vita? That would be ace, bringing two Sony devices together.

Pachimari

So an announcement on April 26, GoW: Ascension on April 30 and an announcement on May 2. Sony with three games within a week. Some of this must surely be related.

Maybe it's something new from Media Molecule?
Please NO and I don't think it'll be it.

I want Syphon Filter 4, Heavenly Sword 2 or Battle Royale. Wouldn't complain of some Last Of Us gameplay either.

Canova

Banned
May be Kaz wasnt playing around when he said that he was going to focus on mobile and gaming to turn Sony around

Loudninja

I not sure if Ratchet & Clanks 10th Anniversary includes a game announcement, that would be really awesome but I doubt it.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Sony must already know that whatever they have for E3 will surely be leaked anyways, so why not announce it before then?

Sony ninjas used to be the best in the biz too, guess they got the axe with their job cuts.

Its so illogical of Sony to announce their games prematurely. E3 is just around the corner dammit.

It's the smart move. As has been said a few times in this thread, a new game is not going to get the same amount of exposure at e3 because there are games left and right. Doing weekly reveals gives each game time to get out there and be the sole focus of the press and consumer, something much more valuable then a E3 blitz.

Its so illogical of Sony to announce their games prematurely. E3 is just around the corner dammit.

Its only illogical if Sony cares about winning E3 so fanboys can whack off to bullshit console wars dramatics.

Business wise, Sony gets more exposure by revealing games outside of the big conferences. E3 is going to be full of game announcements so its probably best that they get uninterrupted exposure before hand.

I'm expecting Sony's E3 to have:

The Last of Us - Stage Demo
God of War: Ascension - Stage Demo
Assassins Creed - Stage Demo
Several new Vita games.
Couple of Move games.
2 PS3 announcements.
Potential price cut.

The possibilities are endless - that's what gets me moist. Above all else, I want it to be Quantic Dream's next game. Wouldn't scoff at the official reveal of Battle Royale either.

Globox_82

Banned
Sony will also have Dead Space 3 on stage. I would bet on it. Besides "winning" E3 is for nerds like Shane and his buddies from GT. There is no such thing as winning E3. The only time when it matters is when a new hardware is announced and how well they sell it to the mainstream media. Will they hype it or not.
Great case of that was 360 MTV thing MS did.

StuBurns

Banned
E3 is meaningless, there are maybe 50k people in the world that care about 'winning' E3. Real game announcements should be made at times where they're not being destroyed by bigger news.

M.D

It's the smart move. As has been said a few times in this thread, a new game is not going to get the same amount of exposure at e3 because there are games left and right. Doing weekly reveals gives each game time to get out there and be the sole focus of the press and consumer, something much more valuable then a E3 blitz.

How is it smart to announce another game after you just announced a GOW game, and announce it 3 days before you show the first footage from that GOW game?

Top Bottom