• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Ah yes the Yankees are rebuilding when they have the second highest payroll in the league, made some stupid trades to screw with their "rebuild", and are paying fucking Sabathia in 2017 25 million dollars and a 34 year old Ellsbury 22 million, with many more years to go

I remember when I was like you. In all honesty the right way to hate on the Yankees is a lot more simpler and stupider than you think ol boy. You're overthinking it!

But real talk is Aoki a viable option for our OF next year? He's been kind of alright.

Mortemis

Banned
Seattle with another 5 error game.

I see I missed out on some quality baseball.

Is Cano getting traded in the offseason?

I highly doubt it. No one wants that contract and I doubt the mariners want to move him right now anyways. If they could they probably should, but the current FO thinks we can make it to the playoffs with this current core (we can't) so they'll try again and again for that second wild card till they bottom out everything instead of selling whatever's sellable now.

Beckx

A's rookie Bruce Maxwell took a knee during the anthem, first MLB player to do so. Teammate embraced him immediately after. Maxwell didn't call out 45 explicitly but said it was because of the inequality happening to anyone who speaks up for their rights. Team says they support the rights of the players to express themselves. Good on him and good on the A's for standing behind him.

I can imagine that dude upset about the hr a couple of days ago just popped about 100 veins in his forehead.

zulux21

Jose Abreu is the 3rd player in MLB history to begin 4 seasons with over 25 homers and over 100 RBIs.

it's going to be interesting to see if the white sox trade him this off season.

I have to imagine they will want a decent package for a career .300 hitter with 30 home runs and 100rbis per season on average.

that being said it would also make sense to keep him as the face during the rebuild.

it's going to be interesting to see if the white sox trade him this off season.

I have to imagine they will want a decent package for a career .300 hitter with 30 home runs and 100rbis per season on average.

that being said it would also make sense to keep him as the face during the rebuild.
I’d keep him.
Too productive and for the development of Moncada, Jimenez and down the road Luis Robert.
Unless they get a great package like they did for Sale.

Good on Maxwell. More players should start. They gave carlos Delgado a lot shit years ago during the Iraq war about staying in the dugout. Hopefully it doesn't happen this time and hopefully more players follow suit.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Braves have won 70 games! First time since 2014.

TWlx1fY.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAaO6XvUhd0

Beckx

Meanwhile, Maddon took time to let people know that it's "dangerous" when people don't respect the president.

Thanks for that hot take I guess.

Mrbob

Rockies lose again to garbage. They really don't deserve to make the playoffs with how poorly they are playing down the stretch against bad teams.

Caja 117

they are in the playins not the playoffs.

one and done wild card games should never be called the playoffs :/

Agree, Is kind of sad that these games are considered playoff games

Ah yes the Yankees are rebuilding when they have the second highest payroll in the league, made some stupid trades to screw with their "rebuild", and are paying fucking Sabathia in 2017 25 million dollars and a 34 year old Ellsbury 22 million, with many more years to go

They are rebuilding, and they are almost done doing that...is not yankees fault other teams take a decade to finish rebuilding!

Rebuilding doesnt mean having 25 prospects in the roster, check those rosters in the late 90's yankees.

gamz

Agree, Is kind of sad that these games are considered playoff games

They are rebuilding, and they are almost done doing that...is not yankees fault other teams take a decade to finish rebuilding!

Rebuilding doesnt mean having 25 prospects in the roster, check those rosters in the late 90's yankees.

It's much faster and easier to rebuild when you have money.

gamz

Well yeah, still doesnt mean they are not rebuilding, they still need some pieces left to complete, like the starting rotation.

Which they can get as FA as the Cubs did. Small markets have to rebuild and their whole roster is home grown prospects. Having money is a huge benefit.

Let's not pretend rebuilding is the same for all teams because it isn't.

Meanwhile, Maddon took time to let people know that it's "dangerous" when people don't respect the president.

Thanks for that hot take I guess.

Even Matheny said that what Trump said "hurt a lot of people" (which is still kinda weak, but better than what I would expect of Matheny) & that he'd support any anthem protests by Cardinals :lol

BestFans aren't happy :lol :lol

Malo

Banned
Judge might really catch McGuire. I didn't think he had any shot at catching him going into September.

AL MVP race is tightening up.

nnex

Neo Member
Raise it!

Given the way the season's gone down the toilet over the past two months, it's nice to at least play spoiler against a division rival. Sorry, Cards-GAF.

ThisGuy

Red Sox coming back late again.

Go Devers.

I couldn't believe it. I sat eating a joeys sub after the gym, listening thinking the reds had it. Get on my bike, ride home, and like to shit a brick when they came back like that.

Least Cleveland is doing good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom