• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

I really liked Telltales Game of Thrones, I feel like the political scheming went over really well with that style of game. Does anyone know when in seven hells season 2 is coming out?

jrcbandit

Yes, I thought GoT was the worst TT game I've played.

I agree, it wasn't a good game. Dunno if I will even bother with season 2, definitely wont if it is just more of the same.

Until Dawn is great. I kind of want to replay it after playing Rush of Blood, but I already platinum it (only game I did that for lol).

Until Dawn and Tokyo Jungle? Omg those of you with a PS4 & PS3 that haven't played these yet are in for a real treat.

And I think it's smart to include a Playlink game in the mix. I think the tech (e.g. Jackbox Party Pack) has so much potential; it just needs more exposure in preferably different genres.

Harmen

I mean, PSplus has been giving out some good games the last few months, but unfortunately I already own most of them.

Anyways, play trough Until Dawn people, it is awesome.

Ricker

One great game,Until Dawn,man that game was sooo good,still one of my favorite current gen game...I also enjoyed GoT but not everyone will...

Bahorel

Is Game of Thrones any good? If so, should I even bother if I've never watched the show?

Anyway, people are in for a real treat if they've yet to play Until Dawn. I look forward to the LttP threads.

I really enjoyed the game but I read the books and watch the show. They assume you already know about certain characters and events since it is en media res with the events of the show and so it could possibly be confusing for you

Certinty

Damn! Already have both!

Have to say though Life Is Strange and Until Dawn were some of my top games the last few years, so glad a lot more people can play them now. PS+ offerings are getting far better.

Game of Thrones though it utter trash, by far the worst TellTale game I've ever played.

Don't have the slightest interest in any of these titles, unfortunately. I don't like slasher horrors, I don't like watching animals die, and I've never seen or read Game of Thrones. Darn.

Telltale game they should pay me to download that trash. Not touching that with a 10 foot poll, dont care what franchise they use.

I'm sure it's been brought up already, but (as with the previous 2 months), make sure you download the first episode of Game of Thrones. It's free. Like Tales From the Borderlands (in May) and Life is Strange (in June), by having the free episode downloaded, PSN considers the game owned by you, so you are receiving the season pass, which is DLC and is not tied to PS+, thus making the full game yours to own forever, even if your PS+ subscription lapses. Interestingly, of the five games that offer this, three of them have been offered in the past three months (Tales From the Borderlands, Life is Strange, Game of Thrones). The other two are Minecraft: Story Mode and Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 is out soon, so, I could see the first game as an August PS+ offering.

Unknown?

Until Dawn and Tokyo Jungle? Omg those of you with a PS4 & PS3 that haven't played these yet are in for a real treat.

And I think it's smart to include a Playlink game in the mix. I think the tech (e.g. Jackbox Party Pack) has so much potential; it just needs more exposure in preferably different genres.
I got Until Dawn at launch but I'm most excited for Tokyo Jungle and That's You. I love Fibbage and Jack Box so this will be awesome for get togethers.

GreenStig

Neo Member
Probably the best line up since the Rocket League month. If you haven't played Until Dawn do yourself a favour and grab it now while its free.

Anyone who owns a PS3 and hasn't tried Tokyo Jungle should give it a shot. Such a strange and amazing game, and it also supports remote play on the Vita.

+1

955JdR2l.jpg

I want a freakin sequel!

I've been PS+d, bought Until Dawn almost 2 months ago.

Ha, I bought it last week. Best Buy had it on sale for $15 so I bit. I'll hold on to the disc, I like physical games.

I bought Until Dawn about 3 weeks ago. Fuck me.

You all bought a great game, showed Sony some Until Dawn love and supported the developers. Be happy!

So theoretically, if I don't have PS+ and I waited til say, July 29th to get PS+, would I be able to get these?

Yup.

mindatlarge

Own all the good stuff already but I'll give Game of Thrones a try, don't have that yet. Always heard it wasn't TT's greatest effort, but I'm a sucker for the series so I'll happily download it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
A good month? Shocking.
I have those games already. Still, a good effort.

Don't have the slightest interest in any of these titles, unfortunately. I don't like slasher horrors, I don't like watching animals die, and I've never seen or read Game of Thrones. Darn.

Everything you've seen of Until Dawn was from less than the first half. I'll just leave it at that.

TB14

Is GoT really that bad? Was considering picking it up during Steam's summer sale to play before the start of the new season. PS+ would require a renewal.

Eylos

Banned
Is GoT really that bad? Was considering picking it up during Steam's summer sale to play before the start of the new season. PS+ would require a renewal.
Its the worst telltale game i played, It has some cool moments but in general is bad

TheFatMan

Game of Thrones is worth playing for free. Paying for it is questionable, even though I did haha.

Still, great timing with the season starting up.

Until Dawn is a masterpiece and made my GOTY list, so yea....total bad assery.

Agreed.

Both of those are fantastic games. Great month.
Yeah, I think it's a good idea to start those off as a Plus pack-in to give it more exposure.

It'll be good to finally get to try TT's GoT game.

TB14

Game of Thrones is worth playing for free. Paying for it is questionable, even though I did haha.

Still, great timing with the season starting up.

Until Dawn is a masterpiece and made my GOTY list, so yea....total bad assery.

Alright, if I didn't already have Until Dawn I'd probably renew. Guess I'll wait.

Lichter

Curious to play both games actually, cool month.

It's sad that PS4 isn't backwards compatible, I would've tried Tokyo Jungle.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Good to see that a lot of PS+ members will get to experience Until Dawn, it really is a great game. Hard to believe it's 2 years old already give or take a month.

HotHamBoy

I liked Until Dawn but someone explain to me why a 2 year old game that has been on sale for under $10 multiple times is a better value than a $20 indie on the day that it comes out?

Top Bottom