• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Walking Dead: A New Frontier" Will Feature Save Imports From First Two Seasons

NeoRaider

It was confirmed today that game will feature save imports from first two Seasons. Many ppl were asking this question and were confused because of the subtitle i guess.

SvL4u4i.png

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/walking-dead-season-3-will-feature-save-imports-s1-s2/

First episode of "A New Frontier" will be released on December 20th, and gameplay premiere is happening in few hours at The Game Awards 2016.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Good, I can't wait to play this once all episodes are out and it's fixed up.

chadskin

Hope they confirm Xbox One controller support, too, because neither TWD Michonne nor Batman work properly with it.

MBison

Bah I've switched pcs since then and don't know if I have any twd saves. They need a dragon age inquisitor type deal

CREMSteve

I preordered this on the weekend. The deal was too good to pass up on psn.

Season 2, Michonne full season and this new game all for 29.99. Terrific value!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hope they have some kind of 'setup' process like DA: Inquisition did because I played Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2 on the 360 and now own a PS4. I really don't want to be buying and then replaying the first 2 seasons again :(

I hope they have some kind of 'setup' process like DA: Inquisition did because I played Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2 on the 360 and now own a PS4. I really don't want to be buying and then replaying the first 2 seasons again :(

This. I played 1 & 2 on PC and want to get this on PS4.

I believe Telltale previously said they were looking into potential options for cross-platform choices?

Fuck that shit. I have a ps3 S2 save and although we did get it on ps4 plus, I really don't want to replay this. I also refuse to start playing without my bro. So what now telltale?

Vuze

Umm, I've since formatted and don't have my saves locally. I assume it can pull these down from Steam cloud?
it's a TellTale software. Of course they have no SteamCloud support :p
I have a dropbox back-up job running for the save games while the season lasts because they tend to fuck up saves with new episode releases. Just in case lol

Oh yeah, the controller issue in Batman. I bet they won't fix it here either.

see5harp

Hope they confirm Xbox One controller support, too, because neither TWD Michonne nor Batman work properly with it.

I assumed that issue was just with older games if we're going by Tales From The Borderlands and older (lol). Their incompetence is vaster than I thought.

Alienfan

If they record every player's choices to get that collective score they show at the end of an episode and on their website, then surely it wouldn't be too difficult to enable cross-platform transfers?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't worry, whoever you ended up with will almost certainly be dead by the time of this game anyway, rendering your choice utterly pointless in the long term.

Or will be forgotten by the end of the first episode (you saved
Christa?
, we'll reference them but never show them again!).

CrazyDude said:
Yup, both Jane and Kenny were using Clem as replacement son/sister.

Jane was at least reasonable. Kenny became unhinged after losing everyone in Season 1. He was gonna kill Jane due to it and placing his hopes on a baby. As it is, Jane
lying about the baby being killed by walkers
made me pissed, but I understood why she did it (to have Clem open her eyes about Kenny) but I feel Telltale's "acceptance" of that was a bit off given how fast Clem does it. There's no "I'm pissed at you, despite understanding" it's just "Oh, okay."

Anyway, I fully expect them to kill off my husbando like they did the first two seasons again. >:|

theRizzle

I accepted a long time ago that in the grand scheme of things, the decisions you make in these games are usually minor and meaningless, so I am expecting whatever is affected by importing your data from the first two seasons to be minor, but I still am really glad they are doing it. It goes a long way towards making it feel like your own story.

Bandit1

Would be nice if it could pick up on my PS3 save file, but it's been so long I actually wouldn't mind replaying S1 & S2 on PS4.

Top Bottom