• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 11 is a truly magical piece of shit

I have some sort of issue when receiving texts from Android users. After responding and locking my phone the upper third/half shows a blank text message block. Anybody else have this issue?

Trey

i have the rotation issues and messages issues - the latter entire conversations are being deleted randomly. the freezes are few and far between but they happen now where they didnt before.

I strongly regret "upgrading"

Enzom21

Have any of you with issues ever had a jailbroken device?
All those tweak settings are saved in your backups.

I was having some issues when I updated to the beta but once I setup the phone as new, they all disappeared.
I suggest everyone restore and setup as new once brings iMessage syncing back. You should clear out old shit.

7 Plus here. Constant crashing of apps that locks up the whole phone requiring a hard reset. Especially when opening cross-app links.

Luminaire

The new podcast app is bad. What an awful interface. Might go back to a 3rd party app.

Plus I have four apps I use regularly that aren't working, I should have checked to see if they would first but damn, one I use daily.

It reset the auto-brightness then hid the setting, had to google that. Auto-brightness is the worst.

Don't hate it despite these things, looks sleek I think. Runs a little slow on my 6s tho...

pls report back if you find a podcast app that acts the same as the old one and isn't some out piece of shit littered with ads

jimmypython

The new podcast app is bad. What an awful interface. Might go back to a 3rd party app.

Plus I have four apps I use regularly that aren't working, I should have checked to see if they would first but damn, one I use daily.

It reset the auto-brightness then hid the setting, had to google that. Auto-brightness is the worst.

Don't hate it despite these things, looks sleek I think. Runs a little slow on my 6s tho...

yeah the podcast app is so much worse than iOS10's.

is there still "mark as played" function?

Dishwalla

Banned
I just don't like how turning off Wifi/bluetooth in the control center doesn't actually turn them off, you have to go into settings to fully turn them off. What's the point of them being in the control center then if you have to actually go out of the way to turn them off?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've definitely experienced this one:

Message app doesn’t always show the latest message and can’t scroll to see it.

I haven't seen any of the other stuff on my 7 Plus, though.

You are basing your decision this off some random guy you never met, with no knowledge if he is exaggerating or lying?

I think we should wait till all the facts are in before we belive him. After all that’s what we should do with rape am I right???
Well if one post isn't enough, one trip to the IOS subreddit will rightfully scare anyone from updating.

Enzom21

I just don't like how turning off Wifi/bluetooth in the control center doesn't actually turn them off, you have to go into settings to fully turn them off. What's the point of them being in the control center then if you have to actually go out of the way to turn them off?

I believe it's because so many devices(Apple watch, airplay, handoff, etc.) use both wifi and bluetooth that you would lose some functionality if you disabled them completely.

ramyeon

So you can disconnect from networks or devices on the fly without completely turning off the functionality.

UltraMav

No problems yet on my 6s. Battery drain is a bummer but my battery has been shit for awhile now so I don’t think it has anything to do with the new version.

Greecian-

I’ve had tons of issues since I updated on my 7+. Constant freezing, rebooting on its own, people can’t hear me when I make calls until I restart my phone. It’s so fucking annoying.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No issues on 8+ or iPad Pro yet myself. At least none that have been noticeable.

It does feel that my phone occasionally requires my password to unlock(instead of Touch ID) for inscrutable reasons though. I get if it powers down to demand it, but now and again it requires it for reasons I don’t understand, but that’s about the only weirdness so far. May not be ios11 related at all.

br3wnor

Works great on my SE and iPad Pro. Only small issue I have is when using messages as the floating 3rd app on my pro, sometimes it doesn’t show the latest message and I have to manually scroll it down.

BruceCLea

Banned
I agree my 7 has a camel battery pack and it still drains battery. freezes all the time. they need to patch it up real quick.

.J.

Banned
I get the message scroll thing, which is stupid and frustrating, but I’ve seen that on multiple updates.

Otherwise smooth sailing and I like the latest changes. No real complaints here.

sikkinixx

11.1 beta fixed all my issues on the 6, except battery drain. But I have a three year old battery and it's telling me "yo, service this shit" so I'm not surprised.

Maybe it’s just because I was on a 5 and then jumped to a 6 when the update went live, so any chugging wouldn’t be noticeable for me, but I haven’t really had any bugs or conflicts with apps.

Grazzt

Yeah iOS 11 is trash. It's so laggy on my 6S, and it gets rid of 3d touch app switch function, the only useful thing of 3D touch. Oh and the battery drain.
I was already tired of Apple and iPhone before iOS11, now this... Yeah, I'm definitely getting an android phone next year.

Hazelhurst

I have an iPhone 6 and used iOS 11 for about a week. It was such a laggy mess. I was lucky enough to be able to downgrade back to iOS 10. It feels so much better. Everything is back to normal.

gcubed

i've gotten screen rotation bugs and notification issues where it doesn't let me clear them half the time (please apple, steal something from Android and unfuck your shit notification implementation). Other than that its been ok. A reboot fixes the screen rotation, but nothing else does. This on an ipad 2017

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I would have *never* kept iOS11 on my iPhone 6 if not for the fact I need to have latest for the development that I do. Even after a DFU restore and clean install, it is very noticeably slower and less responsive than 10.x was on the same phone. I have an iphone 5 with iOS8 which literally flies compared with my iphone 6 with iOS11. On top of slow UI, the memory use if far worse than it was before - It feels like that despite the fact I use maybe 5 apps on this phone in a constant rotation, I always have to wait for every one of them to load from zero every time I launch it.

Overall, it still not quite the iOS7 on iPhone 4 level of disaster, but it's about half-way there.

This OS needs a beast of a hardware to perform well. I have to say it works great on iPad 10.5, but I actually wish they didn't even bother releasing it for iphone 6.

Gamespawn

I get the messaging bug all the time but otherwise I like it. I turned off background loading years ago so my battery has been about the same as before. They really do need to add a toggle in wireless to allow the old functionality control center used to have with Bt and WiFi.

PRBoricua

Happens on my 6S and 8.

Constant freezing.
Hard locking.
Gotta input a damn Konami Code just to hard reset the device for the 8.
Constant rotation issues.
Message app doesn’t always show the latest message and can’t scroll to see it.

Can’t think if anything else at the moment but I wish I hadn’t upgraded. And yes I’m on the latest non-beta firmware.

Also on iOS 11, had both a 6s and now the 8 Plus, and I definitely see the message app bug, on the 6s, iOS 11 ran worse, more sluggish, but that's been fixed on the 8 (of course).

Haven't had any other issues, however.

JaCy

Its been crappy for my sister, she can't even make phone calls on her 7+, she had to send it in.

As for my 7+, no huge problems but i hate the podcast app with a passion now. I hate that theres no auto play anymore and its a hassle if you want to just play several in a row.

Top Bottom