• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remastered Crash Bandicoot: Warped gameplay

It looks absolutely fantastic. I haven't been this hyped to play a remake ever. Can't wait for the tears of anger and not as I attempt to get all 3 platinums in this!

oSoLucky

This narrative that some are trying to push about Crash games never being popular or good is hilarious.

I never knew so many didn't like them until the Remaster was announced. All I remember is universal acclaim from gaming circles back then. Not liking them is fair enough, but there have been a lot of revisionists claiming they were never loved lol. Maybe a lot of still sore Sega fans, or people that only remember the trash later games.

I will absolutely be picking this up Day 1. I didn't have a PS1, so I didn't get to replay them over and over like some, but I loved the initial run through the games.

PaulloDEC

Looks great, as expected. Really dig the new warp-orb effects.

This narrative that some are trying to push about Crash games never being popular or good is hilarious.

I always figured it was just the remnants of console war propaganda that people are still repeating out of habit.

Those death animations are looking so good. The timing for the shoes popping up from the chasm. The one where he got knocked into the screen got me good lol.

This game is looking so good. It's great that they've kept things mostly simple, like geometry and character detail, to avoid losing the charm of the originals. This is a fantastic remaster.

Yeah, it looks gorgeous!

The environments, water, etc. too.

I wonder how long this has been in the works? I mean Sony had been hinting at it since the PS4 launched! It is a small team after all so it could have taken a long time with relatively low risk for Activision.

Yeah, I still remember that tease from the original PS4 announce video detective work lol.

In the warp room, if you let Crash do his idle animations, if he starts dancing, Coco dances along with him:
https://twitter.com/BandicootWorld/status/868241322108497920

craig.gif

Looks great.

Have this on order.

I hope there is going to be a OT for this?

Hard at work on that, myself, actually.

Everyone i knew during the psx days also disliked the games at the time of release. Did they even score well at the time?
Crash trilogy is easily one of the most beloved games from PS1 era. Just few years back Sony had a PS1 20th anniversary poll for favourite PS1 titles, 2 of the 4 winners were Crash games.

I don't know anyone who didn't love the HELL out of Crash back in the day. I knew people who didn't give a shit about games like FF7 or MGS but Crash was a language everyone spoke similar to Mario before him.

Also since Neogaf got a shout out:

PLEASE DO CRASH TEAM RACING REMASTER WITH ONLINE NEXT PLEASE! I will sell my kidney and my soul to good ol' Bobby Kotick for that.

Drencrom

PLEASE DO CRASH TEAM RACING REMASTER WITH ONLINE NEXT PLEASE! I will sell my kidney and my soul to good ol' Bobby Kotick for that.

Where's the GAF shout-out?

I don't know why people get so hung up on the air humping but make no bones about the fact that the "suck it" motion is not only still in, but more forceful.

He's still humping too, they just made him do the running man at the same time.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Are the levels shown off in these videos from earlier in the game? They seem a little bit simple. Do later levels/worlds harder?

Are the levels shown off in these videos from earlier in the game? They seem a little bit simple. Are the later levels/worlds harder?

Not really, they are from later game.

Crash 3 isn't particularly challenging at all to actually just finish. The challenge comes from 100% (or rather 105%) run where you need to do time trials and some of the stages are quite hard for getting the best rewards. I've completed the game like 10+ times but only once have gotten the platinum relic reward on every stage and some of em were insane.

When it comes to basic gameplay Crash 1 is hardest.

Has anyone seen Activision say anything about PS4 Pro support or HDR? HDR would make that little orange Bandicoot and the lush green foliage of the jungle absolutely *POP*

Tapejara

As much as I hate the vehicle sections in Warped, I'm amazed how good VV's version of Orange Asphalt looks. It's easily the best looking level they've shown off thus far (imo).

Darknight

Doesn't Sony own the license to CTR? I dont think Acti does.

Sony could be really smart and get a CTR remake as well. (unless im wrong on this)

farisr

No HDR would be a big missed opportunity. These types of games tend to benefit the most from HDR. Hope it's in.

Yukinari

The crash 3 vehicles levels are really gonna make or break that game for newer players.

I never liked the plane levels but maybe ill feel better about them now.

Merc_

Bout' time.

This is the Crash game I sank the most time into and I loved every moment of it. Now I can say I'm looking forward to this game.

Top Bottom