• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S6 |OT| You know Diggle, I'm all out of island stories - Thursdays 9/8c

Pics_nao

I'm so fucking in. Season 5 was so fucking good and almost made up for S3 and S4. Almost. Hoping 6 keeps up the momentum but that also depends if they have characters like Chase.

T.v

I wasn't as high on the last season as some of you were, but it was decent enough. Will definitely keep watching, there's plenty of potential this season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thursday now? Damn. I may have to rely on the CW app to keep up with this season.

I use it sometimes if I want to watch an episode in bed. No login, pretty minimal commercials (most of them are quick show promos), and they usually have the episode up right after the west coast airing. Not bad at all.

I really want to know who Vigilante is, hopefully we don't have too long.

Only character who made sense to me at first was a surprisingly not-dead Deadshot, but I just realized that even though they said we've seen him before, that doesn't necessarily mean on Arrow. He could potentially be a Flash character.

Vigilante is Pattty Spivot.

As for Emerson, while Cayden James is the safe bet, I'm going to float the theory that he could be playing Cyrus Broderick and the villain organization is the Ninth Circle.

I haven't watched since mid season 3, which I really didn't like. Would I miss a ton of I skipped from there to 5? I know about Laurel.

I'm still deciding whether to watch Flash and Supergirl this season. Probably will try LoT. But Arrow was so good last year I'm definitely back. I hope it continues the trend. In many ways it was a different level of quality than any of the other seasons and may have raised the bar too high. I never expected much from these shows but it made the rest of them look terrible.

Dropped off this show but good to hear season 5 was a bounceback, i'll check it out on netflix and see where I stand on keeping up to date with it

I haven't watched since mid season 3, which I really didn't like. Would I miss a ton of I skipped from there to 5? I know about Laurel.

Looking at teh status quo going into season 5 and things that setup plot points, here's what's important to know:

Star City

At the end of Season 3, Ray blew up his lab tinkering with the Atom suit. This led to the accidental invention of the shrinking tech, but the citizens of Starling City believed he was killed in the explosion. The city was re-named Star City in his honor.

The Green Arrow

Late in Season 3, Ras al Ghul staged a series of murders by assassins dressed as the Arrow, then outed Oliver to Chesthair. Oliver was arrested, and the rest of team Arrow staged a plan where Roy would take credit for being the Arrow, and then fake his death in prison. When Oliver returned in Season 4, he took the name "Green Arrow"

Olicity

The ship happened. Oliver and Felicity were briefly engaged, but broke up over the secret of Oliver's son. This scene enraged many fans, as it was pure, unfiltered stupid.

William

Oliver found out about his son during the season 4 crossover. Part of the mother's conditions for Oliver to have a relationship with him were that he not tell anyone about William, and not tell him that he was his father. Damien Dahrk kidnapped him later in the season to blackmail Oliver into dropping out of the race for Mayor. Team Arrow saved the kid, and he and his mother went into hiding, agreeing not to tell him Oliver was his father and the Green Arrow until he turned 18.

Sara Lance

Laurel and Thea took Sara's body to Banda Parbat and raised her with the Lazarus pit. She was a murder zombie until John Constantine returned her soul to her body. Nyssa destroyed the pit after this.

Flashbacks

After Oliver's mission in Hong Kong, Waler sent him on a mission back on the island. He stopped that season's island villain from getting a magic idol used by Damien Dahrk in the main season 4 story, teaming up with a Russian woman. After being forced to kill her when she was corrupted by the idol, he promised her he'd go to Russia to kill a guy named Konstantin Kovar. That's why he's in Russia this season.

Diggle

Diggle now has a code name- Spartan. Also, his previously dead brother showed up as a henchman for Damin Dahrk. After Andy threatened to kill Lyla and Sara Diggle, Dig killed him and at the end of the season, left team Arrow to re-join the army.

Felicity

Felicty was briefly CEO of Palmer Tech, before being ousted by the board. She has a new code-name, Overwatch, and was paralyzed by an attack on Oliver's limo. She can now walk due to a device attached to her spine, designed by Curtis.

When Damien Darhk tried to nuke the world, she was unable to stop one of the nukes and instead diverted it from a major city to a small town. This comes up in Seaosn 5.

Thea

Thea was critically wounded by Ras al Ghul, then revived in the Lazarus Pit. She served as Speedy during Season 4, but the effects of the pit made her murderous. She was eventually cured by a potion Nyssa used to blackmail Oliver into helping her overthrow Malcolm, and retired from Team Arrow.

Curtis

Curtis Holt is an inventor from PlamerTech, and friend of Felicity. He joined Team Arrow late in Season 4 as a tech consultant.

Evelyn

After Laurel was killed, another Black Canary showed up, killing people believed to be associated with Damien Dahrk. Her parents were members of his cult killed in his experiments.

The League of Assasins

After killing Ras al Ghul, Oliver handed the League over to Malcolm. This eventually led to a civil War between factions loyal to Nyssa and to Malcolm. In order to save Thea, Oliver helped Nyssa overthrow Malcolm by cutting his hand off in a duel. This led to Malcolm returning to villain status and Nyssa dissolving the League.

Mayor Oliver Queen

Oliver ran for Mayor, then dropped out to save his son. After the winner was killed and also turned out to be the wife of the guy who tried to nuke the world while keeping his followers in a bunker, Oliver was appointed Mayor.

I like how it looks like this season going to have smaller arcs because they have a few bad guys .
Problem is after a while having only a main villain can be problem .

Last season was good cause the had few smaller ones along with Chase .
Plus they tie together everything rather well .

Arrow's Stephen Amell Reflects on Adrian Chase Arc, Says Season 6 Has a 'Maturity I'm Really Proud Of'

TVLINE | What about Season 5 do you think worked so well?

I think that Season 5 began in earnest with a dinner that [Arrowverse executive producer] Greg Berlanti and I had just after the conclusion of Season 4. We’ve built out a really interesting universe on The CW, and I think that there are things that we [on Arrow] do better than everybody else. Supergirl has a bigger budget for VFX, I think, and it has aliens all the time, and The Flash is super power-laden, and Legends travels through time. We are best when we stay within the limits of Star City.

TVLINE | You’re on the streets.

Yeah, we’re on the streets. I said, “You know, I think that there’s a lot of things that we do well,” and Greg goes, “I would agree,” and I go, “Can we do those things?” Doing a show is like a relationship, right? You get in. It’s hot and heavy. Things are going great. You move in together. And then one partner turns to the other and says, “You know, you haven’t been to the gym in a bit….” That to me was us. If we’re going to do this show, let’s really do it. Let’s be morally ambiguous with the characters and make it more three-dimensional and put killing back on the table, let’s move away from trying to be like everyone else. Let’s focus on being Arrow.

More at the link

ZeroX03

Banned
Deathstroke flashbacks were confirmed months ago guys.

All sounding good so far. Poor Samantha. Definitely dead.

Here’s another interview. More at the link. Hard to spoil much because they’re still playing coy. Amell said on FB live that after the premiere they’ll be more open to talk about stuff.

What can you say about Vigilante as this mysterious figure we’re still wondering about?

We are super psyched about that character and about the stories that we have planned. He’ll definitely come back. We left that dangling deliberately in season five knowing that we would bring that character back in season 6. He’ll have a really cool story line, not just in respect to the city, but also with respect to a particular member of the team. We’re intrigued and we’re kind of going through the casting process right now. We’re very excited about it.

What kind of energy does newbie Michael Emerson bring to the show?

We’re super thrilled to have him. He’s been tremendous and brings so much to the role and has all these ideas and he’s just been a great, collaborative partner in the process of figuring out his character. His character is definitely going to be a bad guy and is a bad guy we haven’t seen on the show before, I think it’s safe to say he’s really going to give Oliver and Felicity in particular a run for their money. He’s very soft-spoken. He’s very intelligent. And all of that is different than any of the villains we’ve had on the show in the past.

Magwik

Banned
Deathstroke flashbacks were confirmed months ago guys.

All sounding good so far. Poor Samantha. Definitely dead.

Here’s another interview. More at the link. Hard to spoil much because they’re still playing coy. Amell said on FB live that after the premiere they’ll be more open to talk about stuff.

So he's evil Finch

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
OH YEAH SON SLADE IS BACK
5185825-giphy.gif

Pachimari

Damn, and here I thought we would get no flashbacks at all this season. I really hoped for none at all. Oh well, at least it'll be about Deathstroke so I'll give it a chance.

Looking at teh status quo going into season 5 and things that setup plot points, here's what's important to know:

Star City

At the end of Season 3, Ray blew up his lab tinkering with the Atom suit. This led to the accidental invention of the shrinking tech, but the citizens of Starling City believed he was killed in the explosion. The city was re-named Star City in his honor.

The Green Arrow

Late in Season 3, Ras al Ghul staged a series of murders by assassins dressed as the Arrow, then outed Oliver to Chesthair. Oliver was arrested, and the rest of team Arrow staged a plan where Roy would take credit for being the Arrow, and then fake his death in prison. When Oliver returned in Season 4, he took the name "Green Arrow"

Olicity

The ship happened. Oliver and Felicity were briefly engaged, but broke up over the secret of Oliver's son. This scene enraged many fans, as it was pure, unfiltered stupid.

William

Oliver found out about his son during the season 4 crossover. Part of the mother's conditions for Oliver to have a relationship with him were that he not tell anyone about William, and not tell him that he was his father. Damien Dahrk kidnapped him later in the season to blackmail Oliver into dropping out of the race for Mayor. Team Arrow saved the kid, and he and his mother went into hiding, agreeing not to tell him Oliver was his father and the Green Arrow until he turned 18.

Sara Lance

Laurel and Thea took Sara's body to Banda Parbat and raised her with the Lazarus pit. She was a murder zombie until John Constantine returned her soul to her body. Nyssa destroyed the pit after this.

Flashbacks

After Oliver's mission in Hong Kong, Waler sent him on a mission back on the island. He stopped that season's island villain from getting a magic idol used by Damien Dahrk in the main season 4 story, teaming up with a Russian woman. After being forced to kill her when she was corrupted by the idol, he promised her he'd go to Russia to kill a guy named Konstantin Kovar. That's why he's in Russia this season.

Diggle

Diggle now has a code name- Spartan. Also, his previously dead brother showed up as a henchman for Damin Dahrk. After Andy threatened to kill Lyla and Sara Diggle, Dig killed him and at the end of the season, left team Arrow to re-join the army.

Felicity

Felicty was briefly CEO of Palmer Tech, before being ousted by the board. She has a new code-name, Overwatch, and was paralyzed by an attack on Oliver's limo. She can now walk due to a device attached to her spine, designed by Curtis.

When Damien Darhk tried to nuke the world, she was unable to stop one of the nukes and instead diverted it from a major city to a small town. This comes up in Seaosn 5.

Thea

Thea was critically wounded by Ras al Ghul, then revived in the Lazarus Pit. She served as Speedy during Season 4, but the effects of the pit made her murderous. She was eventually cured by a potion Nyssa used to blackmail Oliver into helping her overthrow Malcolm, and retired from Team Arrow.

Curtis

Curtis Holt is an inventor from PlamerTech, and friend of Felicity. He joined Team Arrow late in Season 4 as a tech consultant.

Evelyn

After Laurel was killed, another Black Canary showed up, killing people believed to be associated with Damien Dahrk. Her parents were members of his cult killed in his experiments.

The League of Assasins

After killing Ras al Ghul, Oliver handed the League over to Malcolm. This eventually led to a civil War between factions loyal to Nyssa and to Malcolm. In order to save Thea, Oliver helped Nyssa overthrow Malcolm by cutting his hand off in a duel. This led to Malcolm returning to villain status and Nyssa dissolving the League.

Mayor Oliver Queen

Oliver ran for Mayor, then dropped out to save his son. After the winner was killed and also turned out to be the wife of the guy who tried to nuke the world while keeping his followers in a bunker, Oliver was appointed Mayor.

Thank you so much for this summary! :)

KonradLaw

Damn, and here I thought we would get no flashbacks at all this season. I really hoped for none at all. Oh well, at least it'll be about Deathstroke so I'll give it a chance.

I want more heart wrenching flashbacks of the type Deadshot and Wild Dog had :D

Forward

Disappointed that they didn't kill off Felicity, I hate that character with a passion, but I need to finish watching season 5. My hate is from season 3/4 nonsense lol.

I have hated her character since at least season 2. There can only be so many utterly nonsensical, completely irrational fits of behavior emitted from an alleged scientific genius before my suspension if disbelief gets angrily kick-started. And it was more than willing to gloss over Mirikuru, Meta-Humans, time-travel, and blonde Sarah, as well as completely overlook Oliver surviving a fatal sword-strike through several vital organs and arteries, followed up by getting punted off of a several hundred foot drop onto solid rock.

Felicity needs to be cannon, not canon.

Renna Hazel

Did Oliver revert back to no kill mode in season 5 or was that just for the big bad? I like Oliver a lot better when he kills bad guys.

Top Bottom