• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius V rated by ESRB for Playstation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite PS2 games. Tough to go wrong with Treasure + Gradius, and if you're into either of those individually chances are you'll love it.

JoeFenix

Does this mean it's a PS2 classics release or a PSN version?

I'll stick to my PS2 original if it's a classic but I would flip out for a PSN release in HD.

Corto

I still have my PS2 disc even if my PS3 Phat 60GB is no longer with us... Such great news if true! This one is a classic.

DeBurgo

My favorite Gradius
behind Gradius II and Gradius Gaiden

edit: I should be clear I really really like Gradius, though.

One of the best shoot'em ups ever made! Never did 1cc it though - if it's re-released for the PS3 I'll definitely be putting lots of time into this one.

But damn, where is treasure nowadays...? One of my biggest dreams as a gamer is to see Treasure make Gradius VI or RS3 for a next-gen console.

Dachande

Fuck I hope this is a re-engineered PSN title. It looked great for a PS2 game, it could be lovely in HD. Plus with luck it'll give Treasure some more cash to keep them afloat.

Atolm

One of the best shoot'em ups ever made! Never did 1cc it though - if it's re-released for the PS3 I'll definitely be putting lots of time into this one.

But damn, where is treasure nowadays...? One of my biggest dreams as a gamer is to see Treasure make Gradius VI or RS3 for a next-gen console.

They're about to release Ikaruga on Steam.

Too bad this will be a PS2 Classic, I'd pay high money for a 1080p version.

OmegaDL50

One of my favorite shoot'em' ups of all time.

Now I only hope R-Type Final gets an ESRB rating for a PSN release and two of the best shooters will be available on the system.

Interestingly enough Treasure developing Gradius V was probably one of Konami's best outsourcing decisions considering Treasure consists of primarily of former Konami employees that had history of already developing the arcade Gradius titles

This is explains why Gradius IV was not to the same standards as Gradius II or III", since certain key staff were no longer with the company at this point.

Gradius Gaiden on the PSX seems to contaririly an exception to this rule and turned out quite amazing despite the arcade Gradius dev-staff or Treasure employees not having a hand in it's development.

I'll definitely buy Gradius V once it hits PS2 Classics on PSN (If that is indeed what happens)

protonion

I still have nightmares about that boss that showered you with bullets while navigating through hundrends of meteorites...

Phenomenal game.

IrishNinja

i just picked this one up last year or so at gamestop, and i think it's one of the blue discs that even my 60 GB PS3 wouldn't play...still gotta try it now that my PS2's hooked up, cool to see a digital release as well though

Cosmozone

HD remake would be rad. But it's probably just the PS2 version. I wish it would've sold more back then. I remember checking the amazon ranks regularly. Excellent game.

Corto

i just picked this one up last year or so at gamestop, and i think it's one of the blue discs that even my 60 GB PS3 wouldn't play...still gotta try it now that my PS2's hooked up, cool to see a digital release as well though

Odd, I know that this won't be particularly useful for you but my PAL 60 GB PS3 run the game without a problem at the time.

Vhalyar

Hell yes. I lost my Gradius V disc a while ago and was pretty sad about it. I'll pay even a premium price for a PSN version :3

Alvarez

Banned
For me, it's tied with Gradius III for best Gradius ever. It's one of the best video games of all time. Amazing graphics, amazing music, amazing sound, amazing story complete with a plot twist (!), and gameplay that constantly makes you constantly ask how the game could possibly get any crazier (and it always does).

Let's all have a moment of silence for shmups. An entire genre, dead. How sad.

Ban Puncher

a8LVIzm.jpg

Sakujou

Banned
have the original version for ps2. awesome game, but wont dip for an dd-version.

all the people who dont have this game: awesome super hard shmup-action from treasure.

WHAT CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THEM?!?!?

buy it, if you are slightly interested in anything of treasure or shmups.

Tizoc

Now I only hope R-Type Final gets an ESRB rating for a PSN release and two of the best shooters will be available on the system.

Interestingly enough Treasure developing Gradius V was probably one of Konami's best outsourcing decisions considering Treasure consists of primarily of former Konami employees that had history of already developing the arcade Gradius titles

This is explains why Gradius IV was not to the same standards as Gradius II or III", since certain key staff were no longer with the company at this point.

Gradius Gaiden on the PSX seems to contaririly an exception to this rule and turned out quite amazing despite the arcade Gradius dev-staff or Treasure employees not having a hand in it's development.

I'll definitely buy Gradius V once it hits PS2 Classics on PSN (If that is indeed what happens)
Gradius Gaiden is technically available on the PS Vita through the Gradius Collection.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Fantastic SHMUP. Fantastic soundtrack too. Hitoshi Sakimoto with techno elements is so yummy.

Won't buy if PS2 classic. Own it already. Will buy if HD version.

dock

Fuck I hope this is a re-engineered PSN title. It looked great for a PS2 game, it could be lovely in HD. Plus with luck it'll give Treasure some more cash to keep them afloat.

Precisely this! Even just the PS2 assets running in HD and widescreen would be pretty nice, although the large play area might break the game.

I want to pour Gravius all over my chicken dinner. Delicious!

TnK

This is one of those shmups that I have a really hard time to beat. This game is really really hard, and I beat Gradius 1,2, and gaiden.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, instant buy if this gets added as a PS2 Classic. Gradius made by Treasure?! Sign me up!!

Now put Sexy Parodius in the PS1 Imports, please

ruttyboy

Because of the amazing 2D sprite work (I'm wrong here, they're both 3D!), GV upscales really well with no work needed. Unfortunately R-Type Final was 3D and it really hurts it when you upscale.

All these shots were taken at straight 3x Native PS2 resolution (no AA) using PCSX2.

Edit: Sorry, I hit my b/w cap for these photos so had to take them down, if for some insane reason you want them, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom