• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Wii U controller (analog sticks)?

Truth101

Banned
Will I be able to voice-chat/message/invite people individually from within the community? If so then I'll bite on this idea, if I can't then PSN/XBL is still my preferred method of online gaming. To each their own of course.

Individually or to the entire community.

Well those are my hopes for the Nintendo Network.

I want world peace in the world and inside me.

mj-laughing.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
twas fun.....for twilight princess but yeah, glad it's over.

Ummm I don't know what you are talking about. Aunoma said he couldn't imagine developing a new Zelda without motion controls and Skyward Sword should be the new control template going froward for the series.

If they don't support the motion+ and nunchuck they will at least incorporate the gyro controls in the Wii-U pad.

Gravijah

Ummm I don't know what you are talking about. Aunoma said he couldn't imagine developing a new Zelda without motion controls and Skyward Sword should be the new control template going froward for the series.

If they don't support the motion+ and nunchuck they will at least incorporate the gyro controls in the Wii-U pad.

devs say a lot of things.

ffdgh

...oh yeah forgot about that. oh well

Orayn

Can I join the hatestorm and state that I wouldn't mind a Wii U Zelda with a Demon's/Dark Souls control scheme?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
devs say a lot of things.

And until stated otherwise I'll believe Aunoma's words over any of yours any day of the week. ;)

Bh the way, anybody seriously thinking the Zelda series will completely abandon motion controls is in for a rude awakening. Your best hope is that it is minimal and optional like OOT3D.

Gravijah

And until stated otherwise I'll believe Aunoma's words over any of yours any day of the week. ;)

Bh the way, anybody seriously thinking the Zelda series will completely abandon motion controls is in for a rude awakening. Your best hope is that it is minimal and optional like OOT3D.

my words are merely hopes & dreams.

and gyroscopic aiming is fine.

Teknoman

Ever since that one GAFer brought up the the analog positioning compared to the buttons, I still cant wrap my head around how you'll use dual stick controls + buttons. Sticks above the buttons just seems somewhat strange...but I guess you can adjust/they've tested this thing out.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ever since that one GAFer brought up the the analog positioning compared to the buttons, I still cant wrap my head around how you'll use dual stick controls + buttons.

I'm still trying to figure that out myself as it seems quite uncomfortable and not practical.
Maybe someone who has used it before may shed some light?

ffdgh

honestly as long as motion controls aren't needed for swimming like in SS, I'm ok with them.

D-Pad

DS zeldas are the worst zeldas

Impossible. A Link to the Past exists.

In all seriousness I wouldn't wish DS controls on a console Zelda. That's what the 3Ds is for. I do hope for another M+ console Zelda title that improves and fixes the motion control issues in Skyward Sword.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BUT WHAT DOES THE NEW BUTTON DOOOOO

RagnarokX

Fixed. :p

I agree though, they should have at least been optional for both.

What was wrong with rope swinging? You just turn the direction you want to go and rock back and forth. Swimming couldn't be optional. There's just no way to swim in 3D space like that without a second analog stick

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I'm a big fan of Nintendo - I enjoyed most of their games on the Wii, and think that a couple of them (LoZ:SS, SMGs, MP3) were among the best this gen. But this controller looks unusable and that tablet screen looks tiny.

I really don't understand why a home console needs a tablet. It might be a nice accessory to have for some games, but I don't see it being necessary for most games.

Nintendo should have made a WiiHD. I understand they felt they needed a new gimmick to replicate the success of the Wii, but I don't think a tablet is going to have anywhere near the appeal of Wii's motion tech. Its a pity, because I love the WiiMote and motion technology of the Wii. But with this new controller, I have a feeling that style of gameplay is going to be neglected.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since that one GAFer brought up the the analog positioning compared to the buttons, I still cant wrap my head around how you'll use dual stick controls + buttons. Sticks above the buttons just seems somewhat strange...but I guess you can adjust/they've tested this thing out.
It seems like something that could be adapted to. Like, the way you effortlessly glide your finger off of a PS360 stick... Just in reverse. It'll take some major getting used to, I imagine, but it'll feel like second nature eventually.

ffdgh

What was wrong with rope swinging? You just turn the direction you want to go and rock back and forth. Swimming couldn't be optional. There's just no way to swim in 3D space like that without a second analog stick

twilight princess swimming mechanics were easy to manage tho.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Because all we have is a picture? It's not like some anonymous dev has come out and confirmed it like with WiiU being less powerful than 360 :p
Why is that necessary? obviously a QA tester quickly deleting his twitter account for fear of termination should be enough of a confirmation.

Top Bottom