• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC info roundup

Captain Marvel

- Nick Fury will appear (with both eyes intact).
- Set in the early 90s.
- The villains will be the Skrulls.
XkBhOJp.jpg

khwu52j.jpg

s5CqmnO.jpg

djDzmcw.jpg

Ant-Man and the Wasp

- Michelle Pfeiffer is Janet van Dyne
- Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster, AKA Goliath.
- Walton Goggins is Sonny Burch.
- Hannah John-Kamen is the Ghost.
- Randall Park is Agent Jimmy Woo.
- Animatic of a car chase where a car shrinks, drives under another car, and then grows, tossing the first car over.

Black Panther

- The film begins just after Civil War.
- T'Challa is mourning his father's death and trying to figure out how to be King when circumstances occur that force him to deal with a threat immediately.
- Coogler says that one of the most important aspects of T'Challa is that he be a hero who gets his power from the people around him and from his sense of history.
- Shuri, T'Challa's sister, is in charge of technological innovations in Wakanda.
- Okoye's (played by Danai Gurira) goal is to protect the secret of Wakanda as the most technologically advanced city on the planet.
- Michael B. Jordan says that Erik Killmonger has "his own opinions on Wakanda and how it should be ruled".
- Forest Whitaker says that Zuri was very close friends with T'Chaka and has known T'Challa since the kid was very little.
- W'Kabi, played by Daniel Kuluuya, is T'Challa's oldest friend and head of security. He's reponsible for stopping any threat coming into Wakanda.
- Lupita Nyong'o plays Nakia, who is a spy. She goes undercover to the rest of the world and reports back to Wakanda.
- Andy Serkis says that he's excited because Klaw gets his arm back in this one. He is a wheeler-dealer. "He can call up any government and compromise them into anything."
- Winston Duke says that M'Baku is "a big, strong, ferocious, majestic, beloved leader". He says he really loves the humanity of M'Baku. He's "deeply faith driven".

Thor: Ragnarok

- It has been four years since Thor 2 The Dark World.
- Loki has been pretending to be Odin all that time.
- Hulk is now a popular gladiator and he decides his new life is better than anything Banner could do. He's on Sakaar and refuses to become Bruce Banner.
- Tessa Thompson says Valkyrie is an "elite warrior of Asgard, who is hanging on Sakaar".

Posters

Vibranium

Banned
I hope Goliath gets more respect then he does in the comics

and the fucking Ghost?

Thunderbolts soon?

Yeah, female version of Ghost. If T-Bolts happens, it probably won't be until after Avengers 4. I know Gunn wanted to direct it.

And yeah, Goliath got a raw deal, man. It was shameful what happened to him in CW.

I find Captain Marvel being set in the 90s really interesting. Any more info on that?

Edit: I guess Nick will lose his eye here and these events are the impetus for starting The Avengers?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can't believe how deep the MCU is getting. Goliath of all people turning up in a movie, I never would've thought that even 5 years ago.

So I assume Sonny Burch is an Aldrich Killian type deal where he's a mix of a minor bit character and an established villain. Wonder who.

Prompto

Banned
I know Samuel L Jackson looks pretty much the same now as he did in the 90's but I wonder if they'll try to make him look a lot younger.

Christian

Thanks for the info roundup, GOB! Great stuff. I don't think there's anything about be MCU that doesn't excite me. Everything looks so awesome. Skrulls! Finally!

We already know about Fury's ability to keep things completely off the books (Hawkeye's family). He probably had Carol as a super-secret SHIELD agent (we already know Hank and Janet were secret SHIELD agents from Ant-Man). So now my two questions about the movie are love interest (because this more or less confirms no Rhodes) and whether they try to put Monica in it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd bet the house that Fury loses his eye in Captain Marvel. He already mentioned that the last time he trusted someone he lost his eye. Guessing a friend of his is a Skrull in disguise and yoink! I do wonder if Captain Marvel being in the early 90s is going to make DC re-think Wonder Woman in the 80s. I know the latter was just a rumor though.

The Banner details explain why he seemed so confused talking to Thor in the trailer.

I do wonder if Captain Marvel being in the early 90s is going to make DC re-think Wonder Woman in the 80s. I know the latter was just a rumor though.

Rumor for Wonder Woman 2 involved it dealing with the late days of the Cold War. Even if Captain Marvel 2 is relatively close to that timeline wise, it would be a very different feel.

Mariolee

Rumor for Wonder Woman 2 involved it dealing with the late days of the Cold War. Even if Captain Marvel 2 is relatively close to that timeline wise, it would be a very different feel.

Which is weird considering at the end of BvS she said she stepped away from Man 100 years prior, so...she forgot to mention she came back for the Cold War?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I'd still be wary about having them take place in the same time period. We don't know what Captain Marvel is about aside from the Skrulls. She could be weeding out Skrulls from the Soviet Union to end the Cold War. There has to be a story reason why they went with the early 90s.

The Kree

Banned
Ghost is a character I never thought I'd see on film.

Can't wait for the Kree-Skrull shenanigans.

I'd still be wary about having them take place in the same time period. We don't know what Captain Marvel is about aside from the Skrulls. She could be weeding out Skrulls from the Soviet Union to end the Cold War. There has to be a story reason why they went with the early 90s.

It's a good excuse to have a 90's soundtrack. Alanis Morrissette and Smashing Pumpkins everywhere in this bitch.

Top Bottom