• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Only have 3k medals. So I can really only do one pull. Should I go for it? I didn't pull a WoFF like an idiot...

Also do Key Arts come back?

Sölf

Well, time to level up Mog for Proud Mode. I can acutally do all quests relativley easy now, unless APP proccs like never, then I am fucked. Still, Mog is already up to +13 or something (from +4). I should get him to +20 or even +25 for this weekend.

Is it worth doing a pull on this banner just to get one of the new Epic Medals? I'm thinking that no matter which one I get, I use it an AoE, Multi-hit, 0 Cost APP medal. I currently have 2 APP Scrouges that I never used, because I didn't have an optimal medal for them.

Ilvocare

Did they forget to release the weekend boss? I got the notification about the board but no new event popped....

just smack the spider a couple more times, you'll clear the board easy

EDIT: unrelated but I'm so fucking hype for the cowboy costumes

they look fucking rad

Psxphile

They finally added the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, ya know! Like the Lea and Isa medals, they're 0 SP to activate their specials so I wonder if they'll suck at being decent attack medals like them too.

C3PkRddUoAARitQ.png:small

And hey, 1000 free jewels.

Sitting on 4.8k jewels after pulling the Org XIII medals yesterday (was able to guilt Xion and got a 3-pip Xaldin in the pull).

Debating on either pulling Aqua avatar set for the medals or the Key Art #2 medal pull...

All of the medals that show up in a banner pull in Global remain in the pool for future banner pulls, the chances to land one are just infinitesimal.

What qualifies as a banner pull? Does that mean the WoFF medals are still in the pool, just incredibly rare now?

Also, as if I wasn't already sick to death of killing this spider over and over again. -.-

lyrick

What qualifies as a banner pull? Does that mean the WoFF medals are still in the pool, just incredibly rare now?

Also, as if I wasn't already sick to death of killing this spider over and over again. -.-

I'm At lvl 85 :(

AT this point I'm just doing it out of curiosity to see if I get a Moogle after clearing the last 3 Nodes on the Seasoned Wielder Bonus board.

Famassu

AT this point I'm just doing it out of curiosity to see if I get a Moogle after clearing the last 3 Nodes on the Seasoned Wielder Bonus board.
You still haven't gotten all of them? You're at lvl 85 and you've helped with at least some of mine too. D:

Yeeeeeeah, I'm at ~lvl20 so far. Probably won't be able to get all of dem nodes. At least you got your character to lvl 300 now, lol :D Isn't that the current max or have they increased it?

Psxphile

Right, right.. forgot about the WoFF medals. They specifically stated those medals wouldn't be available anymore (ever) once the banner was over. They're the exception, though.

Unless the banner specifically targets certain medals (the XIII deal, for one) then the 1, 3 and 10-pull banners all draw from the same medal pool, including all past premiums. Which works differently in Japan where Premiums are only available from banners for limited times before being locked away until the next event.

Keep in mind this doesn't include special Event medals, gift medals or Tier 1 medals (and thank god for that).

deanote666

It looks like its the same boss & medals as the event that started a few days ago, they just added a new weekend board.

just smack the spider a couple more times, you'll clear the board easy

EDIT: unrelated but I'm so fucking hype for the cowboy costumes

they look fucking rad

Thanks! I already had 420 coins left over from the other 3 so I only had to fight the spider one more time (up to level 91 now).

They finally added the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, ya know! Like the Lea and Isa medals, they're 0 SP to activate their specials so I wonder if they'll suck at being decent attack medals like them too.

C3PkRddUoAARitQ.png:small

And hey, 1000 free jewels.

When boosted, 100% Lea and Isa hit pretty good. I used them in proud mode.

Ilvocare

as someone who's at like level 97 or 98 with the spider and has a couple of the weekend nodes to clear, take pride that my 93+ million lux is gathered almost 90% within double lux hours. Alternatively, you can ruin the surprise like right now if I told you the clear reward for the Seasoned Wielder Bonus board is
***HDL***

You still haven't gotten all of them? You're at lvl 85 and you've helped with at least some of mine too. D:

Yeeeeeeah, I'm at ~lvl20 so far. Probably won't be able to get all of dem nodes. At least you got your character to lvl 300 now, lol :D Isn't that the current max or have they increased it?

Pretty sure 300 has been the current max for a while now, even in JP. Who knows when they'll bump the cap again, and how fucking long it'll probably take to reach considering the exponential growth of lux needed to level from 200 to 300 compared to 1 to 200...

EDIT: I just realized, the notice for the deal didn't mention boosted medals at all. Does that mean KA2 and the Seifer crew can't be boosted no matter how many pulls are done???

c-murph

Thanks! I already had 420 coins left over from the other 3 so I only had to fight the spider one more time (up to level 91 now).

When boosted, 100% Lea and Isa hit pretty good. I used them in proud mode.

mhm I agree I put the Atk+APP on them and they regain me keyblade bars and dish out a decent chunk of dmg for nothing... If they're not guilted then probably not as good.

deanote666

i finally did it mom

it looks so beautiful from up here

am i a big kid F2P now

Congrats!

Mine's at level 23 since I spent my adamantite on the starlight (didn't think I would get moogle leveled up), and I can't get the last 2 moogle adamantite quests...

Any tips for those?

Congrats!

Mine's at level 23 since I spent my adamantite on the starlight (didn't think I would get moogle leveled up), and I can't get the last 2 moogle adamantite quests...

Any tips for those?

Do you have Meowjesty?

If not, just wait for the KH3D combo medal we're gonna get really soon. A guilted single-target Power medal is necessary for taking down that Darkside.

deanote666

Do you have Meowjesty?

If not, just wait for the KH3D combo medal we're gonna get really soon. A guilted single-target Power medal is necessary for taking down that Darkside.

I've got 100% meowjesties with ABIII, ABII+Lux plus and ABII+APP+

I have a level 26 olympia keyblade and level 28 treasure trove.

Guilted power:
79% black coat mickey
89% alice
100% lexaeus
100% xaldin
71% saix
67% kh kairi
91% musketeer goofy
93% timeless river goofy
94% pooh
100% lumiere
100% xenmas a
100% uniform kairi
100% isa
100% maui
100% terra
100% classic goofie
75% master eraques
82% riku replica
73% crocodile

unguilted power:
Cerberus
Timeless River Pete
Megara
Rock Titan (saving for guilting event)
Beat & Rhyme
Pete
HF Axel
Jafar-genie
Sebastian (waiting for SP1 from coliseum)
WoFF Squall (waiting for guilting event)

guilted speed:
94% KH II Kairi
88% Namine
100% pain and panic
100% larxene a
100% xigbar
100% musketeer mickey
73% cinderella
100% Bell
73% axel
83% uniform selfie
88% captain hook
100% flowbermeow /w ABII max
100% Lea
81% larxene B

unguilted speed:
WoFF Lightning
WoFF Sephiroth w/ 1 pip
HD Sora
Casual Roxas

Guilted magic
77% pinocchio
100% hades
100% vexen
100% zexion
25% meow wow
85% demyx
72$ luxord
93% musketeer donald
87% timeless river donald
100% Piglet
84% ice titan
92% 4oxas
69% ansem the wise
95% mr. smee
100% antiform sora
100% xion
100% moana
100% christmas sora
76% aqua
100% classic donald

unguilted magic
Illustrated Xion w/ 2 pips
Tama w/ 3 pips
cogsworth w/ 3 pips
minnie
kh aerith w/ 3 pips

Ilvocare

Do you have Meowjesty?

not gonna lie, one meowjesty wasn't even CLOSE to being enough for this situation. Setup below.

Congrats!

Any tips for those?

Part 4 - Considering it's just one really big strong huge speed enemy and no other types I have no fucking idea why you would want to use MoG to satisfy this quest's requirements. Especially if all the big boosts come from magic medals on that keyblade...

Nuts to that, I said, and I proceeded to jump to my Treasure Trove +25 (actually it's at +27 but shhhhh)

Rolled with Alice in slot 1
Ariel in slot 2
Maui in slot 3
Meowjesty in slot 4 AND 5 (the first one was stronger and had AB2MAX so I put it in that slot, second one had like slightly lower guilt and AB1. Both of them were fully Chipped, along with Maui.)

Friend medal was Skittles' WOFF guilted Yuna, and it was integral to me succeeding because this setup is COMPLETELY unsustainable without having AB2+APP proc at the end of all three of my turns.

Many retries were done.

Now, as for Part 5 - Actually way easier than Part 4 for me, only took one try. Highly suggested you have minimum two APP medals in your setup as there's plenty of high-damage needing groups here.

Decided to drag Divine Rose (+29 but I think you could get away with a +26) along.

Ariel in slot 1
Alice in slot 2
J&S in slot 3 with AB2+APP
WOFF Yuna in slot 4, with the above skill
Marluxia B with 60% guilt in slot 5, I went fucking nuts and gave him AB3MAX

last three medals fully chipped, cidded, daled, etc.

Same friend medal as last time. No real subtlety here, just hope your APP procs. When you have a godhammer as outrageous as what I did to Marl, there's very little thing as strategy outside of recognize when your boosts from earlier in the turn are enough that your swipes/taps are strong enough to KO enemies without wasting gauge.

Awesome to see that VIP if back, definitely looking forward to leveling up some skills for my Xion and Xaldin.

Also, not gonna miss these raid spiders... The amount of coins they give you sucks.

JP is fucking nuts. Right now in JP if you buy the weekly deal there's a quest line that lets you guilt the new Key Art 9 which is pretty dope. Let me repeat that for you, for the price of 11.96 you get a guilted Key Art. And it's pretty strong. And the quest itself is jewel based so you get more jewels. Christ, JP really is another game entirely.

Right, right.. forgot about the WoFF medals. They specifically stated those medals wouldn't be available anymore (ever) once the banner was over. They're the exception, though.

WHAT?! Plz don't be true.

And I looked it up.

"These Medals will only appear in the WoFF Deal during this period, and we currently have no plans for these Medals to appear again after this deal, so this might be your only chance to get these powerful Medals."

Well shit I messed up big time not getting a pack... ;-;

Idk by how they word it, I think it will come back one day...
But not any time soon. Maybe on the anniversary of WoFF, or maybe a year after the WoFF event.

Sölf

WHAT?! Plz don't be true.

And I looked it up.

"These Medals will only appear in the WoFF Deal during this period, and we currently have no plans for these Medals to appear again after this deal, so this might be your only chance to get these powerful Medals."

Well shit I messed up big time not getting a pack... ;-;

Idk by how they word it, I think it will come back one day...
But not any time soon. Maybe on the anniversary of WoFF, or maybe a year after the WoFF event.
They probably come back for the WoFF Final Mix. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As for me, Mog +17 was done over them weekend. Could have been higher, but eh, I had no motivation for that. Spider only got to level 35-40 or something like that, but I could at least clear one of the boards and get a few levels (271 now). Proud Mode I reached quest 19 now, so I am at the Treasure Trove part. I couldn't 3 mickey all of the Moogle ones, my multipliers are just too low for these mobs at +17.

Malyse

This thread is almost as many pages as the Kingdom Hearts community thread which was started four years ago. Clearly this is the most important Kingdom Hearts game.

lyrick

This thread is almost as many pages as the Kingdom Hearts community thread which was started four years ago. Clearly this is the most important Kingdom Hearts game.

I would not be surprised to find out that this game makes more money on a reoccurring basis than any of the released Collections or that it has more players.

Might be because this gets weekly (or whatever) updates while they take a millenia to release a mainline game lol.

lyrick

93 spots short of getting a Silver Crown :(

Party Rank 393 - (Famassu, Credo, others & I)

Why does it take so long to show Party rank?

Malyse

Might be because this gets weekly (or whatever) updates while they take a millenia to release a mainline game lol.

Look, I don't make the rules. More posts, more important, thems the breaks. Nomura said that [chi] might be the future of the franchise and the fans are embracing it. All hail the tap swipe future.

Stayed up until 2:30 last night to finish off the boards for the goddamn spider. Lvl 78 was when I was finished. Good riddance to that crap.

Famassu

By the end I only fully completed the male & weekend boards, opened 15 nodes from the female board and got 0 nodes from the extra board. I ended with a lvl 23 or 24 boss myself but I helped with a somewhat large number of Lyrick's raid bosses (whenever I was awake and not doing something else) and a few other party member's bosses as well.

Ilvocare

so many dead spiders

i hate this game why am I dumping hours upon hours into this week by week just to make sure we perform decent, we hit like 70th or something this week in party runnings

truly playing a bad game with multiple people really does make it more engaging than otherwise

but hey I got the cool things last weekend, that's cool I guess

now there's literally no content for me to do at all now until the next real event, because the superman 64 event maze was balanced for early levels

can't wait to play a good kingdom hearts game again

EDIT: how could I forget that the upcoming colosseum is there for me to smash my head into as I wait for something cool

also don't forget to spend all your coins before tomorrow ends by the way

Credo

By the end I only fully completed the male & weekend boards, opened 15 nodes from the female board and got 0 nodes from the extra board. I ended with a lvl 23 or 24 boss myself but I helped with a somewhat large number of Lyrick's raid bosses (whenever I was awake and not doing something else) and a few other party member's bosses as well.

That's pretty much what I did, except I only got maybe 6 or 7 nodes from the female board. I helped with a lot of the bosses, but by Sunday afternoon, I had hit burnout in a bad way, so I didn't finish strong.

Level 207 and I was wearing default clothes....
I had no idea clothes actually gave bonuses........ lol

(Just put on my new Silver crown!)

I don't know what the perks even do.
What does skill perk even mean?
And Rare enemy perk? (Like the egg things I assume?)

Ilvocare

Level 207 and I was wearing default clothes....
I had no idea clothes actually gave bonuses........ lol

(Just put on my new Silver crown!)

I don't know what the perks even do.
What does skill perk even mean?
And Rare enemy perk? (Like the egg things I assume?)

Skill perk increases the percentage chance of medal's skills activating. I presume it's 1% extra chance per point, but that's just pure conjecture on my part. No one REALLY knows how much each point is worth.

Likewise, Rare enemy perk is for enemies in quests that have a CHANCE of appearing and are not necessarily guaranteed. Eggs are the obvious example but less obvious ones would be stuff like the Golden Trichlomas in event quests of the past and the Pester Jesters in the MoG quests. More points, more chance for them to spawn. Dunno how MUCH more, but yeah.

Psxphile

Skill Perk Increases Medal skill activation rate.
Critical Hit Perk Increases critical hit rate.
Rare Enemy Perk Increases appearance rate of rare enemies.
Item Drop Perk Increases item drop rate from enemies.
Raid Boss Perk Makes it easier to encounter raid bosses after quests.
Raid Boss Ω Perk Makes it easier to encounter Ω raid bosses after quests.

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/20682

EDIT: eh, I pulled from the new banner. Got a 3 pipped Axel and Ansem the wise (I was able to max guilt the former). Got Fu and Atlantica Sora medals were new for me, but nothing else of real note... just a bunch of new pips for medals I already have.

Managed to clear both male & female avatar boards and the weekend warrior board and was 1.8k raid coins away from finishing the bonus board but I was so burnt out after the weekend board.

The raid boss wasn't the most horrible (that honor goes to the Halloween one...) but the amount of coins you got was ridiculously low. Only managed to get as far as I did because everyone in my party kept spawning them fairly regularly though everyone was just so over the boss by the weekend.

Skill perk increases the percentage chance of medal's skills activating. I presume it's 1% extra chance per point, but that's just pure conjecture on my part. No one REALLY knows how much each point is worth.

Likewise, Rare enemy perk is for enemies in quests that have a CHANCE of appearing and are not necessarily guaranteed. Eggs are the obvious example but less obvious ones would be stuff like the Golden Trichlomas in event quests of the past and the Pester Jesters in the MoG quests. More points, more chance for them to spawn. Dunno how MUCH more, but yeah.
Skill Perk Increases Medal skill activation rate.
Critical Hit Perk Increases critical hit rate.
Rare Enemy Perk Increases appearance rate of rare enemies.
Item Drop Perk Increases item drop rate from enemies.
Raid Boss Perk Makes it easier to encounter raid bosses after quests.
Raid Boss Ω Perk Makes it easier to encounter Ω raid bosses after quests.

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/20682

EDIT: eh, I pulled from the new banner. Got a 3 pipped Axel and Ansem the wise (I was able to max guilt the former). Got Fu and Atlantica Sora medals were new for me, but nothing else of real note... just a bunch of new pips for medals I already have.

So... pretty much invest mostly in Critical Hit? lol

Psxphile

So... pretty much invest mostly in Critical Hit? lol

You'd think so, huh? But the way accessories work in this game makes it difficult to stack all the good stuff. You'd want both Skill and Critical Hit perks on at once for maximizing damage but they're all primarily set on the same type of equipment (headgear, neckgear, etc.).

For the record I think Skill activation is more useful than being able to hit slightly harder, so I have one outfit that maximizes Skill, one that maximizes Item Drop and Rare Enemy, and one that maxes Critical Hit and Raid Boss encounters. But I only really use the first outfit for most things and the second for grinding medals.

Critical Hit is a worthless perk to invest in since it can never activate for special attacks.

Skill perks should be the largest priority for general use, along with Rare Enemy and Item Drop. Make separate sets for each of the Raid Boss perks for when you focus on spawning raid bosses.

Pulled a daily and ended up getting a 5* Zack out of it, which was awesome because I only needed one more for guilt. Managed to get him to 99% on my first try so just used a magic mirror to get him to max.

Other medals were Valor Sora & Jumba.

deanote666

Just got my 100 day login bonus so I pulled for the first time from this draw.

6/10 I already have at 100%
Got 2 captain hooks (already guilted but not 100%)
1 non-pipped seifer

Is it bad I am more excited for the 0 SP medals than the key art #2?

Sena is the best. They gifted me the four 6* HD Aquas that I accidentally fused into my 5* medal.
I was able to guilt her and got to 89%
I was so happy to see the medals in my present box this morning.

Top Bottom