• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

Oozer3993

I really don't have anything all that rare:

Tetris DS
Zelda Ocarina of Time + Master Quest GameCube Bonus Disk
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

SToRM

I think my rarest game is the Limited Edition of Ico (cardboard box with the art cards).

I don't know if you guys know these systems, but I also have a Gamate and a Mega Duck handheld, each with 10+ games.
Especially the Gamate is quite rare.

PS2 Shadows of memories.

Is that a rare game? Nice to know, because I have a copy of that game too.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
Sega Generations Press Kit

I've seen this being sold for almost 700 dollars, but my heart won't let me sell it.

Next to that I've got a Ubisoft 25 years VIP kit. Not really a game, but some cool game-related goodies:)

EXGN

I sold all my rare games in college for books... Suikoedn II, Team Buddies, Bust a Groove 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga and a few others. Worst. Decision. Ever.

Embryon

Neo Member
The games aren't rare anymore, but I still have the deluxe box for Digital Devil Saga 1&2.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

I don't think the VB guide is especially rare, but I do have that and the Lunar 2 guide.

IMG_0013.jpg

I took out one of the stickers when I was younger, but it remains otherwise intact.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

The Lunar 2 guide still has all of the stickers.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

It even still has the poster offer! Expires January 1, 2002. Ha!

IMG_0019.jpg

fart town usa

Gold Member
Probably Panzer dragoon saga. I have some obscure Saturn games floating around, probably rare but definitely wouldn't fetch money from collectors.

I see a lot of radiant historias on here. Is that game really that rare? I know they had the 2nd pressing...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Probably Anubis: Second Runner Premium KonamiStyle Edition (Limited to 2500) and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Shareholders Edition. Also have a review copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 PAL.

Carnby

I think F1 2009 is rarer, but doesn't fetch as high prices as One Piece.
The original Kororinpa right along those two as well.

I wonder how we can find out which game is actually rarer. As in, how many copies of each were printed.

cilonen

Don't think I've got anything super amazing;

MGS3 Premium Package w/ Shagohod model.
Suikoden PS1
Shenmue 1&2 PAL Dreamcast
Skies of Arcadia Dreamcast
Original PAL ICO cardboard sleeve pack w/ art cards

I did have Ring of Red for PS2 which was highly regarded a couple of years back, but I traded it away shortly after beating it and back when I naively still did that sort of thing; really wish I hadn't done that.

There are probably a couple more gems I have tucked away - I need to go crate-digging and remind myself what's actually in my collection!

Disaster: Day of Crisis and the Piggyback game guide of Final Fantasy 9. It sells on Amazon for between 150 and over 200 bucks. I found it last summer for 20. Does anyone here know why it's worth so much?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I've sold off a lot of the rarer stuff I used to own already, so I think for me now it's Rakugaki Showtime for PSOne. I've tried to sell the game on eBay unsuccessfully over the last few years...it's gone for as high as $400.
I want that but not $400 bad :/

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I sold all my rare games in college for books... Suikoedn II, Team Buddies, Bust a Groove 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga and a few others. Worst. Decision. Ever.

When I was younger, I'd have agreed with you.

But now? Dude, there's SO many games for you to play. Those old games are something that are nice to say you have, but they're otherwise just dust collectors.

I just need to find the right buyer for my stuff, and I'd happily sell 90% of all the games I have.

-Stranger-

I have a few rare games.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
Odin Sphere
Tales of Vesperia
The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Disc (GCN)

vocab

None of my games are rare, but I am proud to have SMRPG + box and manual still. Also, I own harvest moon snes cart. Last I checked it was kind of expensive. I traded a ff7 players guide for it.

I don't know if this is rare, but I don't know anyone else who has ever tried "playing" it.

Sorry, I'm at work, so I had to look up an image. Anyone else here ever play this piece of garbage?

197697_42377_front.jpg

Vitacat

I own Snatcher and MUSHA. Also the unlicensed Wisdom Tree games for the Sega Genesis. And the classic edition of Pier Solar. Those are all fairly rare.

MUSHA is rare? Crap, I sold my collection of ~40 mint complete Genesis games a couple of years ago for a pittance. :-/ And MUSHA was one of them.

Flek

Banned
i got a little big planet retail version with the quran song in it before they hat to recall all firstprints because of the Quran Controversy....

also some signed stuff and some press kits

Dr Dogg

Everything I owned that was rare has either been reprinted or rereleased as a HD collection.

ICO - reprinted and HD collection
Shadow of the Colossus - HD collection
SMT III: Nocturne/Lucifer Call - reprinted
Digital Devil Saga 1 - reprinted
Digital Devil Saga 2 - reprinted
Zone of the Enders 2 - reprinted
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - HD collection
Ar Tonelico EU - reprinted
Gitaroo Man - reprinted

I think the only rare-ish games I own now that has stayed that way are Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and Gregory Horror Show (but that's still easy enough to find).

I have the Lunar Silver Star Story guide but I want that Eternal Blue one, darnit.

Anyways the rarest game I believe I own is a complete in box copy of Kirby's Dreamland 3. It didn't look like it had a long print and CIB copies tend to get close to the 100 dollar barrier but thankfully I got mine for cheaper.

I guess the US version of Xenoblade is rare or so I've heard, I have that plus the US Last Story LE. Also, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Tetris DS.

Tarazet

Panzer Dragoon Saga, complete. I bought a GAFer's entire collection and that, plus the Saturn, are basically what remains of it.

Back in the day, I used to be a hell of a rare game flipper. I once drove all over the Bay Area relieving Toys 'R' Us of their Digital Devil Saga copies for $10 apiece, wound up with dozens of them. Now I just play PC games in my free time, haven't bought any console games in years.

dab0ne

I'm selling off a ton of old games this week but I couldn't let these go lol

vvYCC.jpg

No shit, I found this game at a goodwill for like $6 so I bought it. Never played it and it looked cool. Had a bunch of little standee paper figures in it and a stone or coin or something too iirc. It's currently in storage in California while I'm in England for another 1.5 years. Is it worth anything?

Dr Dogg

I'm selling off a ton of old games this week but I couldn't let these go lol

vvYCC.jpg

Got to love the care and quality of a Working Designs published game, such a shame they're no more. I mean who on earth can resist foil print covers and cases let alone that fact they give you a hard covered manual!

NotLiquid

Well I don't really own any snazzy super rare limited editions of games from the 90's but

BjV9v.png

I do feel good about owning this game. And Metroid Prime Trilogy.

jfoul

I've actually been recently selling off stuff I've had boxed away for years, some going back to the 80's. Sitting on thousands of dollars worth of stuff that just sits in a sealed box. Surprisingly the NES/SNES boxes, manuals, inserts, and maps have gotten the most hits lately. Trying to decide if I want to sell my 51 issues of GameFan...

Suikoden II
Bioshock Limited Edition w/ Big Daddy
Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica [Premium Edition] - Sealed

RM8

Man, I suck at knowing which games are rare. I might have some rare stuff in my collection but I'm not sure. Is Goemon's Great Adventure rare?

AwRy108

A sealed System Shock 2 (large box, "Classics" edition) is probably the rarest game I have. Would love to sell it to someone.

dab0ne

I have these still sealed although they aren't terribly rare.

photo_zpse95f0f6f.jpg

I plan on giving the PS2 to my son on his 18th birthday. He's four months now.

MisterHero

EarthBound complete with manual/box
Phantasy Star Online 1+2 GC (I don't have plus edition, but it's even more valuable)
Xenoblade
Resident Evil Pure Evil box with REmake and RE0 (the box is rare?)

Hmm, depends.

I have Metroid Prime Trilogy sealed, got the last copy at my local HMV (Canada), never saw it since in stores.

Debating whether I should open it when I can (not on me atm), I was hoping to get a used copy for playing, I'm banking on my sealed one being a real collector's item at some point, could be worth lots of moolah.

Also I have a sealed copy of a potentially very rare edition of Sonic Unleashed Wii, it has a sticker claiming that a "Sonic DVD" is included inside, got it at The Real Canadian Superstore. Never heard of this edition elsewhere, not even online.

NotLiquid

I really don't have anything all that rare:

Tetris DS
Zelda Ocarina of Time + Master Quest GameCube Bonus Disk
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition

Oh crap I forgot I had this too.

I found this version of Wind Waker for the absolute lowest pre-owned price in one of my local game retailers back when it had been out for a couple of years. Think it was $19 and it was practically mint condition.

Seeing these versions and pretty much any Zelda release on Gamecube go for some rather ridiculous prices these days is kind of a big shocker to me.

Does signed stuff count?

I have (signed):
Shenmue
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Sunshine
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

RM8

Also, it's maybe too soon but I've noticed Cave Story 3D is rather difficult to find online. It may get rare in the future.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I have a copy of Team Buddies.

41ZSQ1MYXCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Team Buddies was not popular upon release, and therefore received a very limited release and isn't widely available. The game developed a cult following however after people caught onto the gameplay. Since not many copies are available, especially ones made for US release, today the game is considered one of the rarest and most difficult games to find for the PS1 and prices for it online range from $70 to $200.

Top Bottom