• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chile Direct: Pikachu 3DSXL & Meloeta out soon in the US - @ Awesome Pokemon event!

Korosenai

yup I'm buying this and i'm just gonna leave it all packaged up as a collectible (or as a backup in case my current one breaks).

Kazerei

Banned
  • The Special Edition Pikachu 3DSXL was announced and the pre-order is now available here. (Protip: Chile uses the same 3DS system as the US. So this is an American Pikachu 3DSXL. There likely will be an announcement soon about this in the US)

OMG I really hope so. I'll finally upgrade from my launch 3DS.

Thebrokenleg

Neo Member
original.jpg

Man, Pikachu nipples and Pikachu assholes.. what will they do next?

The Pikachus look so vulnerable in that second pic, like they've just been through hell or something..

Etzer

That's it. If this really comes out over here I'll be 3DS owner again. By the way, that pre-order page lists the release date as 31/3/2013.

N3DSX014_det3.jpg

Drago

The worst thing about the Pikachu XL (and most special edition 3DS') is that it looks like this to everyone else when the system is open:

y26ffKU.png

Upside down frowning red-eyed Pikachu. :/

Anth0ny

The worst thing about the Pikachu XL (and most special edition 3DS') is that it looks like this to everyone else when the system is open:

y26ffKU.png

he's just doing his best Rocky training impression

shottoremember20rockyxxogd.jpg

Drago

Considering that we're getting the Fire Emblem 3DS and the Pikachu 3DS XL (which will coincide with PMD), the Animal Crossing bundle seems incredibly likely to come over now.

So that makes me happy, at least. It's the best XL, after all :D

Pikma

Banned
This'd be like... quadruple dipping. I bought a Cosmo Black at launch, and I upgraded to a red XL already. I guess I could give Pikachu to my wife (she has a pink OG 3DS), but god.

You ain't alone on this, mate:

Triple dip triple dip triple dip, Don't care, I want it so baaad, this is bigger news than PXZ localization for me, I want that XL, really, seriously, and if they bring the Charizard one, I don't give two #$%$, I'm quadruple dipping, if only there was a way to get a JP one. :(

Magpul

Banned
Damn that thing is ugly. Who in their right mind would be a pokemon styled 3DS. Unless they want to be branded a virgin for life.

Andrefpvs

Who in their right mind would be a pokemon styled 3DS. Unless they want to be branded a virgin for life.

I dunno man, there's a lot of interconnecting (if you know what I mean *wink*) between 3DSs, with StreetPass and all. But yeah, I'd never be a Pokémon-styled 3DS, my dream is to be a Super Nintendo!

TheChits

Damn that thing is ugly. Who in their right mind would be a pokemon styled 3DS. Unless they want to be branded a virgin for life.

Oh the horror. I would hate to be branded an ultra virgin after playing pokemon on a pokemon 3DS. Preorder cancelled Nintendo

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I got excited then figured I couldn't wait with Fire Emblem coming out.
Hopefully this is a precursor to getting the AC XL.

fates

Unless they want to be branded a virgin for life.

heh. We still do this? I figured we left the 90s behind.

Anyways is that double Pikachu thing real? IMO that one looks really bad. The large Pikachu one looks stylized.

Anyway I still have the old 3DS model, might finally upgrade if I can get this.

AppHazard

Neo Member
Hey, this may sound stupid, but there is no way to ship this to the US is there? If not, would anybody be willing to act as an intermediary for me? I would compensate for it and pay for your service as well.

If anyone has an answer or would be willing to act as an intermediary please PM me. I've been waiting for one of these for a long time. :)

Hey, this may sound stupid, but there is no way to ship this to the US is there? If not, would anybody be willing to act as an intermediary for me? I would compensate for it and pay for your service as well.

If anyone has an answer or would be willing to act as an intermediary please PM me. I've been waiting for one of these for a long time. :)

Why not wait for the announcement for the rest of the continent? I really doubt that this is an exclusive for Chile.

nmanma

I'm from Chile and never cared about this kind of gatherings until I went to a Kid Icarus tournament (the free cards and the possibility of winning a red 3ds convinced me)

The community was great, if I had known about this event I would have gone (probably, it's summer here and some days the heat is unbearable).

Gah I want a Meloetta, March can't come soon enough!

AppHazard

Neo Member
Yeah, you guys make a good point. I guess I kinda hopped aboard the hype train before checking my ticket. I'll keep an ear out for a little while then and see how it progresses. Here's hoping they do though.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

y26ffKU.png

It looks like a jumping frog. Pretend the cameras are the eyes.

Yeah it's really weird that they design these things upside-down.

Top Bottom