• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Gothos

Hmphm, I think it's time for OT title suggestions!

Path of Exile |OT| Twenty people that put Blizzard to shame
Path of Exile |OT| Stick your gem into me
Path of Exile |OT| Spiritual successor to Diablo II
Path of Exile |OT| A game of builds

Can't wait for the new OT :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't like the first and third one :p

Twinduct

No idea if it's been talked about (and running out soon, so don't want to spend time searching) but just wanted to put down my name if there is a EU GAF Guild.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I deleted all my characters and ready to start over in 1.0

V_Arnold

Hmphm, I think it's time for OT title suggestions!

Path of Exile |OT| Twenty people that put Blizzard to shame
Path of Exile |OT| Stick your gem into me
Path of Exile |OT| Spiritual successor to Diablo II
Path of Exile |OT| A game of builds

Can't wait for the new OT :D

Two of these OT quotes are factually wrong.

When I first started playing, my characters would top out in Merciless Act 2. Now, I can build a character that easily gets to lvl 82+. The new changes are going to add a layer of complexity which is much needed. Let us see how this plays out.

Also...

POE, while not as smooth and graceful as D3, still shits all over it. These patches, updates, and information are light years ahead of what the D3 team does.

Just saying...

xclaw

Interesting that he says that the 40-55 stretch is where a lot of players tend to stall out. It was in that level range that my first character hit a wall that I needed to use a carefully planned full re-spec to overcome.

Guess I'm not a statistical anomaly in that regard.

That's me as well. I think that's about the point where you find out how much your build actually sucks.

I'm sitting at 44 and struggling to make it anywhere that provides some decent XP. HC Lightning Multistrike Maurader... minus the Multistrike, since the darn thing won't drop for me on this character which is probably half my problem. Ahh well, can't wait for 1.0.

spirity

Path of Exile |OT| Scion-ara Beta
Path of Exile |OT| More Builds than Lightning Returns has Trailers
Path of Exile |OT| Use a scroll before you go in, now you're thinking with portals
Path of Exile |OT| Gearing Up for Launch

Shane

No idea if it's been talked about (and running out soon, so don't want to spend time searching) but just wanted to put down my name if there is a EU GAF Guild.

Count me in too. Will need some guidance along the way. Aiming to start my character over for 1.0. Looking forward to it.

I'm surprised that people have a hard time leveling their characters. If you want to level, join a group. It is that simple.

If you want to solo, then have a friend beat the hard bosses, i.e. Vaal, Piety, Dominus. But, plan your build out before hand. Know what you want to accomplish.

mrpeabody

Path of Exile |OT| Is it grimdark in here, or is it just me?
Path of Exile |OT| My God, it's full of builds
Path of Exile |OT| The ARPG Second Coming
Path of Exile |OT| Two parts Diablo, one part slot machine
Path of Exile |OT| Didn't that come out already?

When I first started playing, my characters would top out in Merciless Act 2. Now, I can build a character that easily gets to lvl 82+. The new changes are going to add a layer of complexity which is much needed. Let us see how this plays out.

Also...

POE, while not as smooth and graceful as D3, still shits all over it. These patches, updates, and information are light years ahead of what the D3 team does.

Just saying...

I still wish it "felt" like D3 though. That's the major area where Blizzard wins: polish and controls.

Card Boy

Banned
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL

From Reddit.

eYMxcli.jpg

YzL1KtX.png

Avatar of Fire sounds pretty cool and some intresing builds can be made with it.

NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL
NOT FINAL

FINALBOSS

Banned
So excited about launch.

I'm really not feeling that leaked tree though. Literally everyone is going to be playing Scions unless some serious work is done to that tree. And just what Discharge builds need--Avatar of Fire. Oh and just what Sporkers need---more totem damage nodes.

And that node that makes traps immune for 5 seconds? Such a stupid idea.

Yep. I like both games but I have more fun playing D3.

Anyway, looking forward to 1.0. There's going to be a passives reset, right?

Ya full passive reset.

syko de4d

So i want to post my super stupid Ideas too xD

Path of Exile |OT| Theorycrafting is the half game
Path of Exile |OT| So much stuff... i need to understand
Path of Exile |OT| F*** this skilltree is huge
Path of Exile |OT| The OT, which invented the digital GAF Magazine (because of BurnOutBrighter awesome preview :p)

edit: we really should have a monthly or quarterly GAF Magazine, made by the community for the community, with Gifs, best first posts, best new Threads, Reviews without Scores!!!, maybe some interview with devs on GAF etc :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Loot 3.0 is fantastic

acksman

Just started playing this a few days ago. Pretty impressed. What i wanted from that "other" game. It says 7ish days left. Does that mean everything will be wiped? Just wondering if I started a bit too early.

I also started with Duelist and they seem really well balanced. How do the other classes compare?

Skab

I'll never understand why the diehard PoE fans feel like they have to shit on D3 every chance they get. We get it, you don't like the game. Move on.

KKRT00

Just started playing this a few days ago. Pretty impressed. What i wanted from that "other" game. It says 7ish days left. Does that mean everything will be wiped? Just wondering if I started a bit too early.

I also started with Duelist and they seem really well balanced. How do the other classes compare?

No wipes, but if You want to play on new 4 months leagues, You wont have access to anything You're getting now. Standard and HC leagues will be still available though and have tons of people playing :)

Gothos

I'll never understand why the diehard PoE fans feel like they have to shit on D3 every chance they get. We get it, you don't like the game. Move on.

Because die hard PoE fans are die hard fans of hack'n'slash games and who in most cases LOVED Diablo II. And becuase of that looking at what Blizzard done with D3 turning it into shallow, dumbed down game made for "Call of Duty generation of gamers" IS and probably always be hate inducing. Deal with it and move on.

People have moved on. I moved on to POE, and might check out the D3 xpansion a month or two after its release. As of now, I am really burned out on ARPGs after putting extensive hours into D3, TL2, and POE.

With that being said, Loot 3.0 is pretty darned funny. I don't really think it is the best title for the OT though.

Noooo the new DoT changes are delayed.

My trap build won't be as strong!

I'm wondering if they will do anything to fireball. I'm toying around with the idea of a crit fire ball burn templar which I currently have leveled to 81. I've basically taken all the increased area nodes, and will take the burn damage nodes, and the power charge ones as well.

I love crit builds, although I die to reflect all the time :-/

KPJZKC

So in anticipation of the full release I decided to jump back in with a HC character - went for Cold Witch build - was thinking to myself, this is much easier before. And then, of course, I hit Ancient Pyramid, where the majority of my HC characters bite the dust - goodbye Witch. Always feel so burned out after this :p

Skab

People have moved on. I moved on to POE, and might check out the D3 xpansion a month or two after its release. As of now, I am really burned out on ARPGs after putting extensive hours into D3, TL2, and POE.

With that being said, Loot 3.0 is pretty darned funny. I don't really think it is the best title for the OT though.

Yet you still have to say something about D3 every chance you get? Jokes are fine. Hell, I like the Loot 3.0 title. It just gets really old hearing about D3 every time PoE is mentioned.

Because die hard PoE fans are die hard fans of hack'n'slash games and who in most cases LOVED Diablo II. And becuase of that looking at what Blizzard done with D3 turning it into shallow, dumbed down game made for "Call of Duty generation of gamers" IS and probably always be hate inducing. Deal with it and move on.

You can fuck right off with this bullshit. I'm as die hard a D2 fan (and D1 for that matter.) as you can get. Yet I love D3 and still play it. I also love Path and TL2. I a huge fan of the genre and what they all bring to it. I also completely understand that not everyone likes every game in the genre, but I don't feel the pathological urge to shit on the games I disliked just because they're different than the ones that I do.

V_Arnold

You can fuck right off with this bullshit. I'm as die hard a D2 fan (and D1 for that matter.) as you can get. Yet I love D3 and still play it. I also love Path and TL2. I a huge fan of the genre and what they all bring to it. I also completely understand that not everyone likes every game in the genre, but I don't feel the pathological urge to shit on the games I disliked just because they're different than the ones that I do.

I love both games, and I am sad that people have this psychological urge to justify PoE's existence by repeatedly shitting on D3. When D3 destroys PoE in many (important) aspects. I understand that if the aspects that PoE excels at (a bigger variety of potential builds, oldschool - yet new at the same time - skill tree, variety of builds on *paper*, lack of percieved "pay to win" options, gritty environments at some points, a certain lack of stat creep, although this gets negated by certain endgame items) are your favorite aspects of the genre, then it is no contest between PoE and D3, but clearly, they both represent valid, yet different visions of how this genre should move forward. We need a third game that has both.:p

And here comes the point where we should hold hands and sing, because both games move forward (the infinitely amazing Loot 2.0 and PoE's continued incremental upgrades), but this will be the cue for a few people to still shit on D3's improvements, stating certain aspects, am I right? :p

Perkel

Banned

Same goes for people that need to defend it. If Blizzard would deliver amazing D3 there wouldn't be comments like that in PoE or T2 threads@internet. They didn't and they crashed Diablo as franchise cherished by millions of people and they will live with that and hate for next few years to D4 and hopefully thanks to fan outcry they will learn something and deliver something worthy of Diablo in title.

I like ninjas and samurais and things like that. Would there be a cool copycat character build anyone would recommend? I haven't played since the very first beta like 1 month in.

Top Bottom