• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA giving out free game on Origin (Spore, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: BC2)

TeegsD

G36c is the greatest gun in CoD4, fuck da haters.

Anyways, code worked on the origin client store but not the online store

mr. grape

RPK is still king.

Since the_monk hasnt responded, first person to PM me gets a code.

edit: mr. grape is fast.

Haha, I try to be ;)

Thanks again for the code, got Bad Company 2. I'll give away my code here if I receive an email, but I doubt I'll get one as I was opted out.

stuminus3

No email here, but I already have Spore, Dragon Age and Battlefield BC2 registered to my Origin account so I guess it would be pointless for me to get one.

Ironically, the keys I registered those particular games with came from Steam. ^_^

Yeah I saw it a bit after, sorry (was checking if anyone wanted the codes I posted on free to a good home thread)

Edit: and now mr. grape got it. It's okay, I guess.. Thanks anyway kind sir.

If I get a code(I should since I've been opted into everything...), I'll send it your way. Only game I really wanted was Spore but I've got a boxed copy of it already!

gabbo

Is the store slow as molasses for anyone else at the moment? I've been watching the shopping cart screen load for 4-5 minutes now.

my email is not verified so the probably won't send me an email right?

Same here. But I've still been getting promotions from EA before. Plus when I try and verify it I get an email with no link at all to verify.

I contacted support and the guy said he would investigate into it, however he told me that the promotion hadn't actually started yet and that none of you have really received codes.

Jzero

Same here.

But I've still been getting promotions from EA before. Plus when I try and verify it I get an email with no link at all to verify.

yea same here just says a blank name and no link

no wonder ea is the worst company in the world.

Same here. But I've still been getting promotions from EA before. Plus when I try and verify it I get an email with no link at all to verify.

I contacted support and the guy said he would investigate into it, however he told me that the promotion hadn't actually started yet and that none of you have really received codes.

yea same here just says a blank name and no link

You will have to contact support. They will manually verified your email >.>

I just did it just now.

gabbo

Hey, anyone else getting an invalid code error. Trying to get BC2 but it's saying the code is invalid. Copied it straight from email

I'm having the same issue, except I got mine straight from legacyzero.
edit: perhaps it's another of EA's this promo only works inside the client/webstore' things, where the code won't work outside of one of them.

Tobe

no email here yet, tho i really dont understand how origin categorizes south america do they really think we are part of europe cause they make us pay in that currency...

Dunlop

You know this board is freaking crazy when they complain about free games because it's not steam doing it ahah. Get both. It won't kill you. I promise. What a bunch of loony fanboys.

this

Seriously they are GIVING you a game to celebrate.

It has nothing to do with Steam and nobody really gives a shit if you wouldn't take it because it is on Origin

cbox

I got mine, I dunno which game to get :| Not interested in dragon age, haven't played bc2 or spore.

HMMMMM

Just live chatted with support. They said I shouldn't be alarmed and that all the codes will be emailed out eventually and then gave me a bunch of yes/no responses.

Hopefully sooner than later

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just live chatted with support. They said I shouldn't be alarmed and that all the codes will be emailed out eventually and then gave me a bunch of yes/no responses.

Hopefully sooner than later

EA's live support? Bahaha. Do not believe their lies.

No e-mail here either. Member since 2009. I thought it was because my account is unverified so I tried verifying it. 3 e-mails later, none of them had a verification link.

This is such a terribly ran promo, they should have just offered one for free on the store for all accounts that were created before today instead of a promotion where a majority of the people interested in it actually have no email sent to them.

kai3345

Banned
EA's live support? Bahaha. Do not believe their lies.

EA's Live support is actually surprisingly good.

I went to them with a pretty simple question about for some reason I couldn't log into my account on 360 and they said the servers were down for some reason or something and then he just gave me a digital copy of Mass Effect "as apology for any confusion"

Top Bottom