• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store outs Halo Xbox One story overview

gravemind.jpg-610x0.jpg

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
....Just like Halo 4's did. I'm sensing a pattern is going to start forming after this game's release.

The conference where they talked about the decisions around and the making of Halo 4 made me think they can rectify their past mistakes.

Oh God it's working on me!

Fracas

#fuckonami
It could be that fracas happened to find it today. There is a chance it was there for a while but no one ever found it till now.

vogelkacke was the one that found it.

I would guess that this went up fairly recently. I doubt anything will surface at PAX though.

Ghazi

The conference where they talked about the decisions around and the making of Halo 4 made me think they can rectify their past mistakes.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until this game comes out. If it's good, then great! I'll play it and love Halo again. If it's bad they really have no excuse this time, no outsourcing needed, no "we're putting together our studio, "it's our first game". They should've learned a lot from 4 and I hope they take those lessons to heart.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm sure they'll fix the ending in DLC.

I don't think it is flood, I'm guessing it is the (Halo 4)
Didact trying to build a Promethean army by transforming humanity into Prometheans like he did in the past.

JHall

Remove sprint, AA's, loadouts, perks, random weapons dropping on the maps, personal ordinance, instant respawn, and all the other bullshit implemented in Halo 4.

Then I might bite on it.

But it said "ALL sentient life"

The Didact only hated humanity, he had nothing against other species.
Covenant are allied with humanity, so obviously they'd help fight the Forerunners.
That is pretty much the only sentient life we know of.

Well besides that rogue faction of religious zealots, they love the Forerunners.

bidguy

Banned
Covenant are allied with humanity, so obviously they'd help fight the Forerunners.
That is pretty much the only sentient life we know of.

nah i believe its the flood or introduction of the precursors. hopefully they will handle that better than they did with the forerunners.

The whole talk about, "We had crazy weapons but chose to play it safe do to time and balancing with re skinned shotguns" got me excited for their next Halo. That's how we ended up with weapons like this.
Halo_Reach_Needler.png

when did they admit that? got a link?

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=halo-reborn-gdc-postmortem-20130329

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until this game comes out. If it's good, then great! I'll play it and love Halo again. If it's bad they really have no excuse this time, no outsourcing needed, no "we're putting together our studio, "it's our first game". They should've learned a lot from 4 and I hope they take those lessons to heart.

especially in light of the communities very vocal feedback and population numbers. they will definitely do something different this time out - though i personally doubt that its necessarily going to be going back to halo 2/3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Was it ever explained why the Covenant were hostile again in Halo 4? I remember Chief asking early in the game and Cortana saying "a lot can happen in 4 years" but I honestly don't know if it was detailed any further.

you know I really hoped 343 would take the franchise in a completely new direction with new villians, planets, stories and the early Halo 4 stuff shown seemed to indicate that but since then its just once again fighting covenant forces (even though that war clearly ended in Halo 3 and I know they said these are religious factions who still think the covenant exists but its dumb) and now the flood is back. New ideas require imagination and balls, 2 things clearly Microsoft doesn't have.

I beat every halo game except 4. I was so tired of the grunts and elites....but prometheans were so much more of a drag for me I didn't even get halfway.

The universe is so awesome they need better things for me to shoot

Same. I finished every game on Halo. It just really was a bore.

ODST was the best single player Halo for me this gen.

Was it ever explained why the Covenant were hostile again in Halo 4? I remember Chief asking early in the game and Cortana saying "a lot can happen in 4 years" but I honestly don't know if it was detailed any further.

The new group of Rogue Covenants named “Storm”. Apparently, they still embrace the Prophets’ religious ideology and are exploring Requiem to find a powerful weapon that will aid them in fighting anyone who opposes them.

Cortana states it in the beginning, some thing about them not having standard military stuff, that's why no Golden Elites and stuff like that.

you know I really hoped 343 would take the franchise in a completely new direction with new villians, planets, stories and the early Halo 4 stuff shown seemed to indicate that but since then its just once again fighting covenant forces (even though that war clearly ended in Halo 3 and I know they said these are religious factions who still think the covenant exists but its dumb) and now the flood is back. New ideas require imagination and balls, 2 things clearly Microsoft doesn't have.

How come Halo is the one that needs it, i don't see anyone saying that for other franchises. I prefer they keep the covenant.

Bsigg12

I wish this excited me, I really do, but after 4... I don't even feel like giving 343 a second chance anymore. :(

<3

Halo is some tough reins to try and control of on your first outing. Without a doubt the team has learned where they went wrong with 4 and hopefully are well into fixing it (this does not include people's hate for AA's and loadouts because those are a part of Halo now and has been since Reach). I fully expect their sophomore outing to much better as they have a huge amount of feedback and now a game under their belt to break the ice. I'm not saying it's going to be the second coming of Halo 2 multiplayer, but it will be good.

It wasn't detailed which was weird.
It was either in the hidden terminals or the books, but to quickly paraphrase, basically a religious zealot offshoot of the Covenant remained after the war ended.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i know people generally hate fighting the prometheans, and while they were kind of brain dead bullet sponges, i did like some of what new stuff they brought to the table. in other words, they arent all bad. crawlers on the other hand are all bad. holy shit they were not remotely fun to go against.

Master chief must deliver the last remaining Dorito Chip to the Gametrailers office and must pass the deadly mountain dew marshlands protected by mysterious entities.

Serious question though : Does this not link to halo 4 in any way ? I am kind of excited to see some new enemies that are hunting the chief, but also hoping there are some form of prometheans or some link to halo 4.

Perhaps rescuing cortana in some way.

m23

It was explained in the Karen Travis books. Something about some groups of the covenant still being religious. I forgot the name of the elite, but he was captured by the UNSC and somehow escaped and uncovered the location of Requiem.

Halo is some tough reins to try and control of on your first outing. Without a doubt the team has learned where they went wrong with 4 and hopefully are well into fixing it (this does not include people's hate for AA's and loadouts because those are a part of Halo now and have been since Reach). I fully expect their sophomore outing to much better as they have a huge amount of feedback and now a game under their belt to break the ice. I'm not saying it's going to be the second coming of Halo 2 multiplayer, but it will be good.

I hope so. I miss playing the newest Halo game right up until the next one is released.

Top Bottom